Menu

Janelle Monae In Wolk Morais – ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ LA Premiere

Janelle Monae changed a habit of a lifetime when she stepped onto the red carpet for the premiere of Disney’s ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ on Monday (February 26) in Los Angeles, California.

The actress/singer, known for her love for all things black and white, opted for a bright pink Wolk Morais Spring 2018 three-piece suit.

Even though the colour was pink, the borrow-from-the-boys undertones featured strongly.

I recently saw Janelle’s ‘Django Jane’ music video where she dons a similar suit, yet this still came as quite a surprise. I love that she likes to keep us on our toes.

Janelle always has that one accessory I feel that she could’ve done without. On this occasion it was her Emm Kuo ‘Ziggy’ clutch.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Reese Witherspoon In Michael Kors Collection - 'A Wrinkle In Time' LA Premiere

Reese Witherspoon In Michael Kors Collection – ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ LA Premiere

Bellamy Young In Azzi & Osta Couture - 'A Wrinkle In Time' LA Premiere

Bellamy Young In Azzi & Osta Couture – ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ LA Premiere

16 Responses to Janelle Monae In Wolk Morais – ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ LA Premiere

1. kane March 2, 2018 at 9:32 pm #

Ooooh yes! Only wish the trousers were more fitted if it had to be crisp white boots.

2. Fanny February 28, 2018 at 9:22 am #

Love this!

3. Pheephee February 27, 2018 at 10:14 pm #

Shame about the over-accessorizing cause I love this suit and the color. But theres just too much going on here and its distracting. The hat, earrings and clutch need to be gone. Simplify!

4. JHH February 27, 2018 at 5:45 pm #

Janelle Monae is not trying to be low-key and dress like the “fashion rules” so she is almost always over accessorized. That’s her thing — always going for maximum impact almost to the point of costumey. I like her style for her. That being said, I would get rid of the harsh white boots, the hat and the earrings and replace them with darker boots, no hat and simpler earrings. With those changes, the clutch might work.

5. Susie February 27, 2018 at 5:06 pm #

I love this entire look ankles up and will pretend those white boots don’t exist. She looks amazing in this color.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2018 at 4:26 pm #

Interesting! I don’t know if I love the look, but it is certainly eye-catching. I actually like the clutch. The shoes, not so much.

• Alina February 28, 2018 at 6:08 am #

• anonymous as always February 28, 2018 at 2:16 pm #

+2 I am glad to see her in colour!

7. TeaAtTwo February 27, 2018 at 2:24 pm #

I’d remove the hat, earrings and clutch but they don’t kill the look for me.

8. james February 27, 2018 at 1:53 pm #

Why doesn’t she go back to her gorgeous natural hair? This weave is a huge question mark for me. As for the look, like the majority of commentors, she needs to ditch a few things, it’s too much. I’d get rid of the clutch, the hat and would go for simple black sandals.

9. AnnieOh February 27, 2018 at 1:49 pm #

She needs to learn Coco Chanel’s rule, take one thing off before you leave the house. I love the color, and the fit – the suit is great, but she needed to lose (at the very least) the hat and the clutch

10. Meme February 27, 2018 at 12:57 pm #

Love the runway look.

11. Lara February 27, 2018 at 12:12 pm #

As I’ve said before, Janelle needs to learn to edit down her looks. The ideas are always great, and this shade of pink is phenomenal for her. But she keeps taking it a step or three too far, and then it veers into kitschy, costume-y territory.

• Caroline February 27, 2018 at 3:59 pm #

12. Maria F. February 27, 2018 at 10:55 am #

The suit is great. I want to love the look, but it’s too much for me. Maybe the combination of the pink and white instead of more muted colours, maybe even a red to pick up the lining of the suit?

And I am normally always an advocate for a strong lip, but this pink is overcooking it.

So in summary, she looks fierce, but I am not loving it.

13. Charlotte February 27, 2018 at 10:31 am #

I love the suit!
    But the styling is too much, I don’t like the hair and the earrings, I wish the make up was subtle and I hate the shoes.