Menu

15.06.17

Women In Film 2017 Crystal + Lucy Awards

A group of talented beauties turned out for the Women In Film 2017 Crystal + Lucy Awards were held on Tuesday (June 13) in Beverly Hills, California. As Max Mara were a presenting sponsor, there were many looks from the design house on the red carpet.

Brittany Snow
: I love the playfulness of the oversized polka dot motif in Brittany’s summer-ready frock and its darling nod to retro styling with the centre midriff cutout and bow at the bodice.

Zoey Deutch: While Zoey also wore a monochromatic colour palette, her cream gown struck a much more dramatic chord with its asymmetric, black ribbon sash. But it was Zoey’s oxblood lip and gigantic spherical earrings that really intensified the darker glamour of this sculptural statement.

Lupita Nyong’o: Serving up a more minimalist approach, Lupita wore tonal shades of navy blue in her feminine, semi-sheer blouse and flared trousers. Of course, she delivered a note of beautiful boldness in her makeup with the punch of her hot fuchsia look that really enlivened the ensemble.

Elizabeth Banks
: Platinum blondes may have more fun, but Elizabeth was keeping her more sartorially adventurous side in check for the night with this printed, boho gown that didn’t want for fabric. As much as I wanted to warm to it, the overall effect translated as a bit more dowdy and ageing than I would have preferred.

Credit: Getty

Lily James In Ulyana Sergeenko Demi-Couture - 'Baby Driver' LA Premiere

Lily James In Ulyana Sergeenko Demi-Couture – ‘Baby Driver’ LA Premiere

Ilana Glazer In No. 21  'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert'

Ilana Glazer In No. 21 ‘The Late Show With Stephen Colbert’

10 Responses to Women In Film 2017 Crystal + Lucy Awards

1. Caroline June 16, 2017 at 12:44 pm #

I only like Zoey here. The rest are a mess.

2. Pheephee June 16, 2017 at 2:24 am #

Zoey looks fantastic! So gorgeous from h2t.

Elizabeth looks very not good. Her hair color is totally not working for her. And that dress is sad.

3. Schoolbea June 16, 2017 at 12:13 am #

I love Zoey’s look. I agree it ages her somewhat, but it’s still really elegant and streamlined, and she looks positively gorgeous neck up.

As usual lately, Lupita’s outfit looks just fine, while her makeup is fantastic.

4. Fanny June 15, 2017 at 9:50 pm #

What was the dresscode? These ladies look like they’re attending four different events. Zoey looks great in her dress.

5. Nadine Hughey June 15, 2017 at 9:29 pm #

Love those polka dots.

6. justme June 15, 2017 at 7:11 pm #

That hair color does nothing for Elizabeth. Neither does the gown.

7. JHH June 15, 2017 at 5:46 pm #

I love Elizabeth’s looks usually but this look is way far below her usual standards. But everyone has a bad night. The dress looks like a house dress gone crazy and I am not loving the hair. This look is so aging as by the way is Zoey’s The only thing I like in any of the looks here is Lupita’s makeup.

8. Rebecca Z June 15, 2017 at 5:05 pm #

I don’t think I have ever seen Elizabeth Banks have such an off night. Platinum is not a good color for her, and she usually looks way more polished. She is one of my very favorites–I am sure this is a temporary lapse.

9. Chris June 15, 2017 at 4:26 pm #

Zoey looks the best.
    Lupita can do much better. And what happened to Elizabeth? That look is rather bad to me, sadly. I also don’t really like that hair color for her.

10. Alina June 15, 2017 at 3:32 pm #

Zoey’s stylist is trying too much. She’s 22 years old. Her look is for someone way older.

Lupita and Elizabeth disappointed me.

Brittany looks lovely, but nothing memorable.