Menu

Lily Collins In Valentino – ‘Okja’ New York Premiere

Lily Collins was a lady in red at the New York Premiere of her new movie, ‘Okja’, on Thursday (June 8).

I love the unadulterated explosion of colour that this Fall 2017 Valentino gown delivers. The deep rich red hue paired with the matte plum lip packs a serious red carpet punch.

This is a fantasy dress which offers pure escapism, something true of Valentino’s entire Fall 2017 collection. From the high Victoriana neckline and waist to the bohemian embroidery and ruffles, this look is utterly captivating.

The actresses styling, a bold lip, sleek no-nonsense ponytail, and Harry Winston jewelry were impactful.

Would you have liked to have seen more boho touches in the styling choices as seen on the runway with the model’s braids?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Rachel McAdams In Johanna Ortiz - 45th Life Achievement Award Gala Tribute to Diane Keaton

Rachel McAdams In Johanna Ortiz – 45th Life Achievement Award Gala Tribute to Diane Keaton

'What The Fashion?' Offer - New Look Floral Print Play Suit

‘What The Fashion?’ Offer – New Look Floral Print Play Suit

13 Responses to Lily Collins In Valentino – ‘Okja’ New York Premiere

1. kane June 11, 2017 at 7:12 pm #

I don’t like the parts of this (dress, make up, hair etc), but she does look FIERCE.

2. Maya June 9, 2017 at 6:41 pm #

Love! The hairstyle isn’t really doing anything for the look, though (although it does suit her in general).

3. TeaAtTwo June 9, 2017 at 4:50 pm #

I’m not about the hair but it has a beautiful russain doll look vibe in a good way.

4. meme June 9, 2017 at 2:43 pm #

this looks like a costume for some Bavarian festival. Her makeup is way harsh and she needs to stop pulling her hair back so tight.

• JHH June 9, 2017 at 3:43 pm #

5. Maria F. June 9, 2017 at 2:12 pm #

the lipstick is too dark for this season and brings the whole look down. i prefer the runway styling keeping it more breezy which is also much more fittng for this season.

6. Chris June 9, 2017 at 12:57 pm #

I don’t like the hair. Otherwise I really like it, although it feels like a fall look (the dark lip doesn’t exactly help making it more season appropriate). Basically, good gown for her, but I’m not too fond of how she’s styled.

7. Caroline June 9, 2017 at 12:49 pm #

Love the hair and make up but I think that is a very heavy dress on her, she’s so petite, it’s like swallowing her whole.

8. Alina June 9, 2017 at 12:21 pm #

I could have been OK with the hairstyle, but the makeup is too much, especially the lipstick – one shade too many.

9. Marie June 9, 2017 at 11:47 am #

I wasn’t sure about the hair&makeup at first, but when I looked at the close-ups, it quickly grew on me. She is really working some ‘dark princess enchantress’ vibe here and imo it works out perfectly.
    It’s mystical and enchanting and I already love it!

10. Schoolbea June 9, 2017 at 11:16 am #

I love everything about this except the hair and makeup, for some reason… I’m not sure about those extensions, and I would probably have chosen something less harsh. But I see where she was going with it, at least it is consistent.

The dress is dreamy and I like how it’s more defined at the waist than on the runway.

11. Charlotte June 9, 2017 at 9:56 am #

I’m not too fond of the dark make up. Still she looks good, the dress and the hairstyle are working on her.

12. Kathy June 9, 2017 at 9:52 am #

Everything feels way too stiff and over-styled. She looks like a human matryoshka doll.