Menu

May 26, 2017 Premiere

Fan Bingbing and Christopher Bu were reunited for the ‘L’Amant Double (Amant Double)’ premiere during Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 26), metaphorically speaking.

Who can forget that breath-taking crane dress which made the Asian actress world famous back in 2011.

On this occasion the piece wasn’t as dramatic, but still stunning.

I love the ‘winged’ structure with its drapey cut and selective embroidery to create maximal visual flair.

The easy sophistication of this look was amped up with a simple top-knot, De Beers jewels and a gold Elie Saab clutch.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Izabel Goulart In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'L'Amant Double (Amant Double)' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Izabel Goulart In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘L’Amant Double (Amant Double)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Praya Lundberg In Rami Kadi Couture - ‘L’Amant Double (Amant Double)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Praya Lundberg In Rami Kadi Couture – ‘L’Amant Double (Amant Double)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

24 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Christopher Bu – ‘L’Amant Double (Amant Double)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. kane May 29, 2017 at 9:29 pm #

The first look I can get on board without a but.

2. sheron May 29, 2017 at 4:39 am #

would like to see how the dress looks like at the back

3. Pheephee May 27, 2017 at 11:08 pm #

Gorgeous. I love it. Its what I expect from her. She looks stunning!
    Im really surprised this wasnt a more loved look. Its unique and stands out from all those generic looking Saabs n Murads.

4. MG May 27, 2017 at 8:55 am #

I’m still holding my breath for her BDOTY look. This is is lovely tho. Original, Asian, and fun–the Fan that we all love!

5. TeaAtTwo May 27, 2017 at 6:33 am #

My favourite look from her of the festival.

6. charlotte May 27, 2017 at 1:51 am #

lovely,elegant.

7. CreoleLady May 27, 2017 at 1:11 am #

I actually had forgotten the red crane dress. Thank you for the reminder. It is the yellow dragon robe from the prior year which has been burned into my memory as one of the best red carpet moments ever. In any event, I do like this one, glad to see her in a colorful print.

8. Ruby May 27, 2017 at 12:40 am #

I don’t like the dress. It reminds me of Chinese First Lady’s style. Elegant but aging. Definitely not do her justice. And the crooked sequin lines are cheap to the hell indeed.

• JHH May 27, 2017 at 1:52 am #

9. Nat39 May 27, 2017 at 12:10 am #

Finally an inspired moment from Fan.

10. Caroline May 27, 2017 at 12:04 am #

I don’t like this at all. Sorry yall. Her Valentino look is still my preference.

11. Noora May 26, 2017 at 10:56 pm #

Gorgeous! Such a refreshing change

12. Marie May 26, 2017 at 9:11 pm #

My Queen is back!!! Finally, this is just the side of her style that makes my knees weak – original unexpected, dramatic and chic…
    Well, yes, the jewellery doesn’t really match colour-wise, but who cares when she owns the hell out of this look?!

13. Tina May 26, 2017 at 8:43 pm #

It’s delightful to see her in Asian design again, and I love the combination that a modern belt with a traditional dress. But don’t get me wrong, the total style is kinda mediocre. The dress itself is poorly made, as you can see the sequins aren’t sewed along the straight line, the fabric is kinda heavy that dragged her hard to move. The golden clutch doesn’t match with the platinum jewelry. The hairdo aged her. Overall, I’m not feeling it.

• Chris May 26, 2017 at 11:57 pm #

I didn’t even notice it before, but the sequin lines are indeed not completely straight. That makes it seem a bit cheap indeed. I still love the look, but… meh.

• Iamastonished June 17, 2017 at 8:32 pm #

The weight of the fabric gives it structure. The black lines are calligraphic, I’m all in, she is a goddess.

14. Jerusa Herrera May 26, 2017 at 8:39 pm #

Ladies please take a note, she doesn’t have a hip high slit on her dress, not sheer, no cleavage and looks 100000000000000 better than any of you show-it-all.

• freddy May 27, 2017 at 9:18 am #

+10000000000000000000

• Iamastonished June 17, 2017 at 8:15 pm #

I agree, she looks like a Queen, So elegant. One of the most striking gowns I have ever seen and absolute perfection on her.. It is an outlaw dress, stunning.Truly imaginative. I think a sapphire or an emerald would have been a nice choice with the gold bag. I want to see the shoes; I bet they were great. Fan bingbing carries it off like Grace Kelly.
      Case in point, the women who are falling out of there clothes look classless to me. Your boob job does not impress me ( I am so over the strapless wedding gown and prom dress look. Please lets get over the mermaid skirt and the sheer beaded slit up the side.stuff). The fact is the woman should wear the dress not the dress wear the women. (Blondes with too much make up YUCK)
      When you look at the other dresses some of them are just not becoming to the person wearing them, Trying to hard just makes you look tired.

15. EmmaWoodhouse May 26, 2017 at 8:31 pm #

I love how this look combines traditional Asian motifs along with a modern sense of plaid. The gleaming belt is a welcome touch. A stand-out look!

• Alina May 27, 2017 at 12:22 pm #

I agree 100%. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like you can tell she is feeling more like herself in this look.

16. Chris May 26, 2017 at 8:31 pm #

This is such a breath of fresh air. I was afraid she wouldn’t wear a chinese designer during her Cannes run as she has mostly worn designers like Elie Saab and Ralph and Russo these past years. Thankfully, I was wrong. This is the Fan I love. It’s such an interesting gown and she totally sells it. Easily her best look this year so far. Beautiful.

• Tenacious May 27, 2017 at 1:57 am #

• Schoolbea May 27, 2017 at 3:04 pm #

I actually thought of you when I saw the designer! 🙂