Menu

The second I saw Fan Bingbing on the red carpet at ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival premiere this evening, I said to myself, there is going to be several comparisons made to a certain Oscar-winner.

No. This isn’t anything new, but I was swept away by the dramatic floor-length silhouette of this Valentino Spring 2017 Couture gown which is matched a bold red hue and stunning De Deers jewels.

Love it or not, this was one look that promises to turn heads.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Elisabeth Moss In Prabal Gurung - ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Elisabeth Moss In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Neelam Gill, Doutzen Kroes, Lara Stone, Irina Shayk & Maria Borges In Balmain - ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Neelam Gill, Doutzen Kroes, Lara Stone, Irina Shayk & Maria Borges In Balmain – ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

24 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Valentino Couture – ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Lancel May 25, 2017 at 10:00 am #

Noooooooo no no ……! I love simplicity. But this one doesn’t even have structure.

2. charlotte May 25, 2017 at 7:00 am #

I googled her other photos from this event,she looked drop dead gorgeous in close-up,that dress may be simple,but oozes elegance.and her updo and makeup are stunning.
    I love how she always give me somehting I didn’t expect from her.
    Three looks down,only one more to go,I wonder what she kept in her sleeves for the closing ceremony.

3. Crystalline May 25, 2017 at 6:25 am #

This is a simple, understated, but also impactful look from Bing Bing. Love that she serves different shillouettes and styles during Cannes. Far from boring.

• charlotte May 25, 2017 at 6:54 am #

right? although her looks this year are tempered and demure,not as stunning as she used to be,she is far from boring.
      She had rocked white,pale blue,pink and hot red, and sported short bob,long wavey tresses and beautiful updo,far more interesting than some other lady who only stick to one color and one silhouette

• anonymous as always May 26, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

4. Pheephee May 25, 2017 at 1:43 am #

Lovely, elegant, its flawless.

5. Tenacious May 25, 2017 at 1:33 am #

Beautiful! Absolutely love this. I have to agree with another comment above, this is her best look this festival, in my opinion.

6. Tina May 24, 2017 at 11:04 pm #

Bingbing SLAY!!!! I can’t believe how much I love this look. I always love her trying something quite new and risky. It’s definitely not the fairytale princess moment as people may expect from her. She has worn too many big ballgowns, I think it’s time to do a fresh red carpet style. Then this look came in. It’s so chic, elegant, simple yet so modern. The cutting of the dress is impeccable when she walked in the video. Just breathtaking.

7. Schoolbea May 24, 2017 at 10:26 pm #

Stunning. And her wonderful styling and poise make it outstanding. I’ll remember this one as a highlight of the festival. At first I thought it was excessively simple, but now I can see how forward the design is, and how it enhances her beauty and gracefulness.

8. Nat39 May 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm #

It’s not a BDOTY worthy moment, but this is finally an inspiring red carpet look from her, one can even tell by her top-notch styling. This gives me hope she has something big for us in store at the end.

9. Natera May 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm #

Her best look this festival. So simple yet so elegant.

10. TeaAtTwo May 24, 2017 at 8:20 pm #

My favourite look of her so far. Understated elegance

11. Fanny May 24, 2017 at 8:09 pm #

Love everything but the bag.

12. Christine May 24, 2017 at 8:02 pm #

Nothing big, but this is a winner

13. Caroline May 24, 2017 at 8:02 pm #

This is perfection. I’d much rather have this on her than those huge flowery sparkling Marchesa, Georges Chakra, etc ball gowns. I love her on Ralph & Russo though, but this is different on her. She looks beyond chic, luxurious and elegant. Perhaps my best dressed today along Elle.

• Leandra May 24, 2017 at 8:05 pm #

Amen to all you said.

• Chris May 24, 2017 at 8:08 pm #

I agree I really don’t miss her wearing Marchesa, Georges Chakra and OTT ball gowns or overembellished stuff.
      I only miss her wearing chinese / asian designers, but she hasn’t done that in a while, so…
      And she might still have a Ralph and Russo up her sleeve for the closing ceremony, I wouldn’t be surprised.

14. Alina May 24, 2017 at 7:59 pm #

Well, better than her look last night. Nothing exciting though.

15. Chris May 24, 2017 at 7:54 pm #

I have to admit, my very first thought was, yesterday she wore a nightie, so today she’s wearing a towel. But for real though; I do love this one. It’s much more striking than her look from yesterday. On someone else, this would have been just okay-ish, but on Fan, it’s pretty amazing. She wears it much than the runway model as well. For the first time during her Cannes run, I also like the styling.
    This has me a bit more excited again for what she might still have coming up during Cannes.

16. Ramsay May 24, 2017 at 7:50 pm #

I really can’t figure out what’s happening with her
    I have always criticized her for being over the top (wearing these huge ballgowns, changing 3 times in one night at the oscars, etc.) but this festival she’s bearly recognisable
    All three of her red carpet choices have been quite demure (not only by her standards but even by most standards)
    And not that I would want her to go back to being her usual OTT but somehow this does not feel like her…

17. Leandra May 24, 2017 at 7:49 pm #

To me , this is absolute elegance. The purity of the lines and the luxurious material do all the talking.

18. kane May 24, 2017 at 7:46 pm #

Now this!

…although I prefer the starkly minimalist styling from the runway: the clutch, rings, earrings, bracelet… all a bit piled on and distracting.

19. P. May 24, 2017 at 7:46 pm #

This is my favourite look from Cannes. She’s elegant and beautiful. It’s a simple yet striking dress, perfect!

20. meme May 24, 2017 at 7:45 pm #

The color is dazzling, the dress is not.