Menu

January 24, 2017

Melania Trump In Hervé Pierre – Inauguration Balls

Posted by Rachel Watkins

Melania Trump was with President Donald Trump during the inauguration balls on Friday (January 20) in Washington DC.

The First Lady impressed with her custom Hervé Pierre vanilla crepe, off-the-shoulder gown, which she is said to have collaborated with the designer on.

The subtle swoosh of the sculptural ruffle in combination with the thin red silk ribbon at the waist only further complemented the classically clean lines of the dress that saw Melania’s signature style in top form.

Simple, elegant, and sophisticatedly alluring.

Credit: Getty

Milla Jovovich In Prada - ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ LA Premiere

Milla Jovovich In Prada – ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ LA Premiere

Ivanka Trump In Carolina Herrera - Inauguration Balls

Ivanka Trump In Carolina Herrera – Inauguration Balls

21 Responses to Melania Trump In Hervé Pierre – Inauguration Balls

1. Pratyush January 25, 2017 at 9:13 pm #

Im not an online troll and im very happy about the reboot, and im enjoying Melania’s style, but in times when John Galliano literally lost his career to his political/personal views, how do the rules not imply in reverse?
    I dont understand the argument that politics is seperate from fashion, when the likes of Kate and Michelle are lauded for their political fashion choices.

2. Caroline January 25, 2017 at 5:54 pm #

What a gorgeous woman. She looks great.

3. livewire January 25, 2017 at 3:15 pm #

So wonderful to have this website back again! Looking very elegant the new The First Lady should be a great fashion ambassador. I adored that wonderful ruffled neck sky blue outfit at the Inauguration itself. Any idea on the dress designer?

• sarah January 27, 2017 at 4:36 am #

Ralph Lauren.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 25, 2017 at 2:12 pm #

It’s an elegant dress but it doesn’t strike me as being particularly memorable. It’s like a middle-day-at-Cannes dress. But the pleated detailing is pretty.

5. VG January 25, 2017 at 12:27 pm #

This is gorgeous and she always looks amazing. She carries herself well considering the hoopla surrounding her and her family.

6. dolan January 25, 2017 at 7:09 am #

i will like the look better without the red ribbon/ shoelace thing. That thing bugs me.

And is it me or she looks like Caitlyn Jenner here”?

• Meg February 1, 2017 at 1:15 am #

Melania is married to Donald Trump. Plastic surgery is in the marriage contract (probably).

The gown is really elegant, but I don’t like the red stripe. It should have been a different color like green or blue. She’s too unnaturally tan (like her husband).

7. Crystaly January 25, 2017 at 6:12 am #

We don’t have to care about the new president here. All we care nd discuss about is fashion and style. And the new FLOTUS clearly has an interesting style. Fresh and very lady-like! Thank you for writing about the FLOTUS, Catherine. Much love from Indonesia!

8. Rashmi January 25, 2017 at 12:11 am #

I loved this look so much! Specially the delicate structural ruffle. Its simple yet so beautiful.

9. carrie January 24, 2017 at 10:13 pm #

“Simple, elegant, and sophisticatedly alluring” – perfectly put

Carrie

10. Sanya January 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm #

Beautiful.

11. Nat39 January 24, 2017 at 8:38 pm #

Adore the delicate sculptural detailing, the off-the-shoulder neckline is on-trend, and the contrasting ribbon is a nice subtle accent. She looks beautiful, current, and feminine. I love it.

12. Minah January 24, 2017 at 8:31 pm #

So beautiful.

13. J January 24, 2017 at 7:24 pm #

Simple yet stunning.

14. Ale F January 24, 2017 at 7:09 pm #

Hi, I’m very happy to see the site up and running again!
    I have a question: What were your thoughts when deciding whether or not to cover the new FLOTUS (in regards to her husband being the misogynistic, racist bigot that he is)? I’m genuinely interested and not trying to provoke a political discussion on this fashion-site. Looking forward hearing from you!

• Catherine Kallon January 24, 2017 at 10:26 pm #

I don’t think her husband has anything to do with fashion. As this is a fashion website, that is what I will continue to focus on.

• Ale F January 25, 2017 at 10:54 am #

Thanks Catherine for the answer!

15. DFM January 24, 2017 at 6:58 pm #

I loved this look; it literally took my breathe away.

• J January 25, 2017 at 1:22 am #

Thank you so much, Catherine, for saying that. Tired of everything being political. I don’t want the FLOTUS to not be covered because of people’s knee jerk reactions. It’s about fashion. So glad you’re back.

• Minah January 25, 2017 at 2:43 pm #

Absolutely. I was afraid she wouldn’t be covered because of politics.