Menu

December 11, 2015 Runway To Red Carpet

Daisy Ridley In Mary Katrantzou - 'Star Wars The Force Awakens' Urayasu Press Conference

Daisy Ridley attended the press conference for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel today (December 11) in Urayasu, Japan.

The actress went intergalactic wearing a Mary Katrantzou Spring 2016 dress which may have a lot going on for some with the jewel neckline, overlap bodice, all over embroidery and embellishment, but I love this for its youthful flare and fearlessness.

I know some aren’t as enamoured by her red carpet style, so how does this look fare?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Zendaya Coleman In Rosie Assoulin - The Clara Lionel Foundation 2nd Annual Diamond Ball

Zendaya Coleman In Rosie Assoulin – The Clara Lionel Foundation 2nd Annual Diamond Ball

Rihanna In Christian Dior Couture - The Clara Lionel Foundation 2nd Annual Diamond Ball

Rihanna In Christian Dior Couture – The Clara Lionel Foundation 2nd Annual Diamond Ball

40 Responses to Daisy Ridley In Mary Katrantzou – ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Urayasu Press Conference

1. Elle December 14, 2015 at 7:42 pm #

Armpit wings!

2. Saudin December 13, 2015 at 11:28 pm #

MESS

3. jhh36 December 11, 2015 at 8:10 pm #

This is my favorite of her looks so far and she seems to really be enjoying this tour so that is nice to see.

4. Nadine December 11, 2015 at 8:00 pm #

Wow, look at that smile. And the dress is great, too.

5. Milla B. December 11, 2015 at 6:03 pm #

I’m enamored by her style. She take risks, her style is not boring, it seems she is not allergic to colors and she got this great and beautiful smile. I’m in.

6. Alina December 11, 2015 at 4:24 pm #

This is fun! She carries the complicated dress gracefully. The fact that she seems genuinely happy certainly helps.

She reminds me of Emma Stone. ?

7. pinksugar December 11, 2015 at 3:58 pm #

Now this is more like it. From the neck down I love this. The combination of colors and prints is so interesting and pleasing to the eye. I also love she took it one step further with the amazing Louboutins. I can’t say I am a fan of the hair/makeup though.

8. Fiona-Brasil December 11, 2015 at 3:38 pm #

A breath of fresh air.Lovely!

9. Carrie December 11, 2015 at 3:26 pm #

I love it! Such fun energy with her sartorial selections.

10. Phoenix December 11, 2015 at 2:49 pm #

Its quite a cute look. Im one of those who has not been wowed yet although most of her looks have been nice and cute and classy.
    Mostly I’m in love with her smiles in every single pic. I’m glad she doesn’t do the “I’m so sexy” pout like alot feel they must do.

• Emma December 11, 2015 at 3:12 pm #

+1 She has such a great presence her smile is so refreshing!

• The original AB December 11, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

• Ariya December 11, 2015 at 5:07 pm #

Her smile is so much like Keira.

11. Chris December 11, 2015 at 2:33 pm #

I’m still in love with her style. She takes risks, her style is age appropriate but also quite unpredictable, she seems to be having fun with all of it. And she picks things from the best/most interesting fashion brands there are. I don’t understand what’s not to love about this girl’s style.

12. Dee December 11, 2015 at 2:14 pm #

I like this not BDOTW worthy but nice.

13. Caroline December 11, 2015 at 2:07 pm #

Not BDOTW worthy but definitely interesting and it cheered me up.

14. LInda December 11, 2015 at 12:56 pm #

Adorable. And ++ on the shoes.

15. marie December 11, 2015 at 11:54 am #

Usually, I’m not really a fan of her style, but this look is really cute and impactful!
    I especially like how she brings life to what looks a bit like an old rug on the runway. The shoe choice is brave and amazing!

16. Marcel December 11, 2015 at 11:38 am #

I love mixing prints so to me this is a win.

17. Christine December 11, 2015 at 11:38 am #

I swear every time a “New” Caucasian actress hits the red carpet scene – she’s immediately branded a fashion star. *rolls eyes*

The dress is fug. Only like the shoes.

• Catherine Kallon December 11, 2015 at 12:42 pm #

What does her skin colour have to do with anything?

If you don’t like the dress, you don’t like the dress, her race has nothing to do with it.

• Penny December 11, 2015 at 1:45 pm #

@ Christine – your comment is rude and unnecessary.

• Christine December 11, 2015 at 5:38 pm #

Her skin color doesn’t have to do anything with it. I’m just tired of blogs always label new actresses of Caucasian descent “Fashion Stars” out the gate. This comment is relevant especially after you saying she is a fashion force to be reckoned. Your opinion just like this is mine? So Catherine, don’t come for me unless you come for PinkSugar too about commenting on Black Natural hair. Marcel with encouraging anorexia? So thy both can get away with that, but I can’t comment on white skin? Really? You have some nerve.

And don’t be mad at me for speaking the truth. It’s true. They rarely if ever – label new ethnic it girls or new actresses “fashion stars”

So I stand by comment. Make what you will out of it.

• Catherine Kallon December 11, 2015 at 5:59 pm #

Fashion force to be reckoned with…. did you stop to think that was just a play on words in reference to the movie “The Force Awakens”? No? Too busy getting twisted on race for no reason.

Honestly, your comments continue to disappoint. I will not speak about the others you have mentioned because I can no knowledge of this.

I wish you all the best, but I am not going to get into an argument with you. You are totally out of line and you know it.

This site and its readers have always lauded praise on ethnic stars such as Lupita and Tessa Thompson.

I was THE FIRST to write about Lupita on her FIRST red carpet outing wearing Prada during Toronto Film Festival.

Most publications didn’t pick up on her until the hype kicked in. Her stylist even thanked me that very fact when I met her during fashion week, so don’t say that ethnic girls don’t get praise here. Don’t you dare.

I will not reply to you further.

• Ellen December 11, 2015 at 6:50 pm #

The irony of telling a black woman she’s praising too many white women is not lost on the rest of us. Catherine, this site and your commentary are amazing. Please keep doing what you do, however you choose to do so.

• Catherine Kallon December 11, 2015 at 7:11 pm #

Thanks for your comment. Appreciate it

• Christine December 11, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

Ellen, I have wrote many nice things about Catherine and about this site for years to her ignoring that. But she finally reacts to my comments when I disagreed with the context. But sure that’s not lost on us. And yes, black women can be prejudiced against their own kind. That’s not unheard of. Not saying that’s Catherine because it’s not, but don’t sugarcoat hard truths

• Marcel December 11, 2015 at 6:01 pm #

Do I encourage anorexia ? Girl, you need a Valium , a massage and ( here I UNRESERVEDLY apologize to other readers ) a vibrator. Get a life.

• Marcel December 11, 2015 at 6:03 pm #

* facing the risk of being banned forever for the commentariat

• Marcel December 11, 2015 at 6:04 pm #

*from the commentariat

• Christine December 11, 2015 at 6:22 pm #

Yes Marcel, you do encourage anorexia. Just ask the others on this site. Your comments always celebrating and liking extremely thin celebrities like Amal Clooney.

You get away with ruder comments than mine, but yet when I speak on a hard truth I get don’t you dare come for me line???

And Catherine as much as I disappoint you, just know you disappoint me too. But greater.

You keep your opinion and I will keep mine. Just Marcel and his pro-anorexia comments on thin celebrities and PinkSugar on hating black hair. So yeah, keep ignoring that. Just keep on.

• Marcel December 11, 2015 at 6:42 pm #

Christine , I dont mind being chalenged by intelligence, wittiness or funniness. You unfortunatelly lack all of them.
                I admit I get easily over defensive when facing ignorance.
                Oversimplifying one person’s argument, then attacking this oversimplified version. Take a read about “Straw man” and “logical fallacy”, it will help you.
                I don’t post my comments to be loved ( or hated ). I have been called out only ONCE by the moderators, so I really dont mind waht other readers think about me. There will always be somebody who disagree with another person’s point of view.

• Christine December 11, 2015 at 7:14 pm #

And Marcel you typing all that not getting you any points on being funny, intelligent and witty. You to, lack all of them. I’m just not scared of being vocal. You’re not as smart and cool as you think.

• Christine December 11, 2015 at 7:17 pm #

And Marcel that still doesn’t change the fact that your comments encourage pro-anorexia but of course Catherine doesn’t acknowledge that truth. Of course she knowledges that I called out all newbie actresses who are white compared to what Two, TWO black actresses???? Are considered “fashion stars” out the gate

• The original AB December 11, 2015 at 7:35 pm #

I can see both sides. A lot of new actresses are lauded as “fashion icons” before earning their chops, (they do tend to be Caucasian) But this type of favouritism and fawning doesn’t apply to Catherine and her site because she shows every ethnicity. As she said her description was just a play on words. That’s why her blog is my favourite fashion blog (please don’t shut it down Catherine!) because of it’s inclusiveness. I really don’t believe there is any other agenda but fashion.

• Christine December 11, 2015 at 7:56 pm #

Yes. That’s what I’m saying. A lot of new Caucasian actresses are considered “fashion stars” before really proving they are a fashion star compared to 2 new black actresses and 5-10 new white actresses. They are more “hype” worthy when wearing a designer than compared to a new black actress. Thats the point I’m making. My issue wasn’t mainly with Catherine although she did lauded her as force to be reckoned with – play on words sure, but I’m sure she was serious. It was the tired of seeing blogs – so many of them!!! Labeling them as fashion stars and icons when they haven’t been proved that yet. Especially after their 2nd and third appearance etc.

• Genevieve December 11, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

You are trying too hard to be relevant. It is contraproductive because it makes you sound somehow silly.
          I admire Catherine’s work and 1rst time I posted a comment here was to praise Marcel’s comments, as I am a fan of both.
          In my view, I don’t know where are you coming from.

• Christine December 11, 2015 at 8:20 pm #

If you don’t know where I’m coming from, then don’t comment on my comment. Especially if you have no idea what I’m talking about. Trying hard to be relevant?? Lmaooo sweetie how cute are you. How green. Go back to being anonymous. Don’t give a flying cat either way. Thanks for visiting though.

18. Emma December 11, 2015 at 11:32 am #

I like this look and her style generally. She takes risks which I love as it makes the red carpet so much more interesting. I have been a bit put off by her hairstyles though

• Ariya December 11, 2015 at 1:18 pm #

Agree on every you said. Her style may not go down well with a lot of people but it has consistently interesting.