Menu

Rita Ora In Marchesa – 2015 Bambi Awards

BERLIN, GERMANY - NOVEMBER 12:  Rita Ora attends the Bambi Awards 2015 at Stage Theater on November 12, 2015 in Berlin, Germany.  (Photo by Alexander Koerner/Getty Images for Aigner)

Rita Ora attended the 2015 Bambi Awards this evening (November 12) in Berlin, Germany.

When the British singer gets it wrong, she’s thoroughly entertaining, but when she gets it right, she’s breath-taking.

I already know that this princess-like Marchesa Spring 2016 mint and charcoal ombre tulle ball gown won’t be to everyone’s liking, but I’m blown away by this exquisite, elegant design and how the dreamy piece exudes glittering extravagance.

The only think irking me is the makeup. I wish it was a lot softer.

_MAR0549

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2' Beijing Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2’ Beijing Premiere

Heidi Klum In Zac Posen - 2015 Bambi Awards

Heidi Klum In Zac Posen – 2015 Bambi Awards

34 Responses to Rita Ora In Marchesa – 2015 Bambi Awards

1. marie November 15, 2015 at 11:05 #

I thought about this for a while, because despite looking kind of disturbing, the dress has something on it I love…
    I think a modified version could’ve worked on Elle Fanning or Fan Bingbing or Cate Blanchet.
    This is unflattering and – what’s up with her eyebrows?

2. kane November 13, 2015 at 18:21 #

I could have been okay with the bodice, but the skirt is ugly.

3. Caroline November 13, 2015 at 17:01 #

I cannot be the only one who thinks this is absolutely HORRIBLE.

4. Pedro November 13, 2015 at 15:45 #

This is really tacky

5. MatBer November 13, 2015 at 09:03 #

That Rita Ora is often on the verge of tucky we know already. What I do not think it is considered enough is the responsibility of Marchessa for this look.

First of all this is the cheap version of look 42 and 43 of Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture Show:

Already seen also on Lena Dunham on this website:

The critique goes first of all to Marchesa who copies designs from others making them look cheaper. And this is not the first time (I remember some Alexander McQueen as well as Dolce & Gabbana look alike in past collections)

That said, I agree with many of the comments above: the top doesn’t go with the bottom, the proportions are wrong amd make Rita look shorter than she already is.

If I may express a wish, I would like to read more “fashion criticism” rather than “style criticism”.

• Nat November 13, 2015 at 21:56 #

+1000 what you said. Shame on Marchesa. #teamgiambattista all theway. The top and skirt looks like the come from completely different styles.

6. Alina November 13, 2015 at 05:47 #

I like the gown, but not on Rita. It’s not flattering. Plus that makeup…

7. CreoleLady November 13, 2015 at 03:46 #

“I’m a fluffy teapot, short and stout.” And I thoroughly dislike how it looks through the torso. No.

8. Vanie November 13, 2015 at 02:35 #

Ms Tacky Ora’s makeup ruins the whole thing but the skirt reminded me of the pink gown Rihanna wore to Grammy (?) i think and the Giambattista skirt worn by Lena Dunham

9. meme November 13, 2015 at 02:14 #

another one who turns couture into trash.

10. Foye November 13, 2015 at 02:11 #

This is Lena Dunham in Giambattista 2.0

11. Dee November 13, 2015 at 01:20 #

This gown is awful.

12. jhh36 November 13, 2015 at 00:51 #

This looks awful. The dress is unwearable. It makes someone who is no doubt quite slender, the model, look like a block. And I agree that the skirt and the top don’t belong together and to top it off the skirt is fug.

13. pinksugar November 13, 2015 at 00:47 #

I love this gown but I wish it had been saved for a more princessy girl. Rita is always an odd fit for Marchesa for me. Though I usually do like the pieces she wears from the label, she still just isn’t the fairytale type to me. Here, as usual, the makeup is too harsh and the boobs are a bit too much.

14. Marcel November 13, 2015 at 00:04 #

This is awfull and overdone. The bodice has no relation whatsoever with the skirt, like most of the Marchesa creations it looks like two different dresses put together.

15. Phoenix November 12, 2015 at 23:52 #

No. It makes the model and Rita look squat and oddly bulky. Also the top and bottom look like two different pieces that have no business being near each other. Also the colors fall flat. This is no for the dress on the model and on Rita…….

16. Anne November 12, 2015 at 23:52 #

This is like the green version of Rihanna’s Met Ball gown. I like neither. Too much skirt. I agree with others that the top and bottom do not go together either

17. Nat39 November 12, 2015 at 23:30 #

No, this isn’t working. The fit in the bust is awful, and the whole thing is just broadening, bulky and unflattering.

• Yeliz November 13, 2015 at 00:37 #

I totally agree.

• manja November 13, 2015 at 09:05 #

+1 must agree,and she is too short to pull this off.and make up is too caked on

• The original AB November 13, 2015 at 18:14 #

18. Christine November 12, 2015 at 23:28 #

The gown is tacky, dated and fug.

19. Shievar November 12, 2015 at 23:27 #

Btw is there some way I can edit or delete my previous comment? lol

• alvaro_spain November 12, 2015 at 23:28 #

No, there isn’t.

20. Shievar November 12, 2015 at 23:25 #

It’s hard to get on board with this. Rita has always maintained in my “tacky” folder. It’s a beautiful gown, the styling okay but there’s something in Rita that I can’t fall in love with this look. It’s a good look though.

• ayatlaw November 13, 2015 at 18:05 #

+1 I couldn’t agree more and I do feel the makeup could be softer.

21. Rebecca Z November 12, 2015 at 23:22 #

She looks exquisite, but for me the top and the skirt of the gown just don’t go together.

• Chris November 12, 2015 at 23:26 #

I think I agree that the top and skirt don’t really go together.
      Generally, yes, this is a go big moment that will be remembered and we haven’t had many of those this year… but for me personally, this is still a bit.. much and the gown isn’t totally my cup of tea.

• chyc November 13, 2015 at 03:13 #

• Ariya November 13, 2015 at 05:19 #

+2 Although it is stunning as a performance outfit, it’s a bit too much to pull off on the red carpet.

• amy November 13, 2015 at 10:07 #

I agree. plus the top’s too big for her. fitting issue

• Noemi November 13, 2015 at 13:39 #

I don’t find her exquisite here but I agree about the dress, the top and the skirt seem to be part of two different dresses, so I don’t like it.

• Nat November 13, 2015 at 21:51 #

I agree. Plus the skirt is a design rip off of Giambatista Valli Couture.

22. alvaro_spain November 12, 2015 at 23:22 #

Wow! This is breathtaking! I love it.