Menu

Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab - 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2' Berlin Premiere

Elizabeth Banks swept onto the red carpet of ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ at CineStar on Wednesday (November 4) in Berlin, Germany.

Channeling an enchanted fairytale aura in her billowing gown, she wore an Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture confection.

The designer’s formula of beads, sequins, and embellishment were all present and accounted for, but the abstracted, swirling floral print added another layer of unexpected magic to the dress.

For some, perhaps the gold-laced crown took the look over the edge but the diaphanous romance was still undeniable.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Jena Malone In Reem Acra - 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2' Berlin Premiere

Jena Malone In Reem Acra – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ Berlin Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2' Berlin Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ Berlin Premiere

49 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ Berlin Premiere

1. Bailey November 6, 2015 at 10:26 pm #

The dress has definitely got the wow factor, but the hair piece, i could do without. Actually I prefer her hair in a loose updo over this tighter one

2. Nat39 November 6, 2015 at 2:03 am #

I think it’s all beautiful, don’t mind the crown, and the panties and sheerness are not ‘in your face’ thanks to the subtle print transitions, and Elisabeth is wearing it effortlessly. As a whole, the look works.

3. m November 5, 2015 at 1:38 pm #

totally in love with this… she rocks the hell out of a premiere… go big or go home… if gowns were meant just for the oscars.. couture houses would be out of jobs… i love the fearless nature of elizabeth banks… she makes a redcarpet interesting…

4. claire November 5, 2015 at 1:36 pm #

Sorry but not great I’m afraid! She’s not wearing the dress but it’s more the other way round, the dress is wearing her! A miss!!

5. Leikala November 5, 2015 at 11:11 am #

I am really lost. I am. Sorry, but this is just trying too too too much. If you wear this to a movie premiere, what are you supposed to wear to a movie festival ceremony? I miss the old days when actresses used to dress appropietly to the event they were attending. This is just and plain tacky.

6. Noemi November 5, 2015 at 10:10 am #

For some reason, I don’t like it, I expected more from her. At the end of the day, not a memorable premiere, some unflattering dresses and nothing more.

7. Amy November 5, 2015 at 8:30 am #

drama. the sheerness cheapens the thing a little bit. It’s like you’re having a fairytale vision until you get to the black panties.
    I don’t mind the headband. overall she looks nice

8. Carolina November 5, 2015 at 7:40 am #

This is perfection. As usual, Elizabeth stealing the spotlight from the main star when it comes to fashion.

9. Mavi November 5, 2015 at 7:22 am #

Talk all you want but this is puuuuure perfection ( in my rumble opinion)!!

10. Alina November 5, 2015 at 5:55 am #

I love this! The dress is beautiful and she wears it gracefully. I even like the headpiece as, in my opinion, it’s a reference to Effie, her character in the series.

11. Athena November 5, 2015 at 5:06 am #

She looks nice, but predictable. This dress really reminds me of her Elie Saab last year, which I prefer to this look. And now that others have mentioned it, I can’t unsee the black panties! She’s still by best dressed of the night though.

12. sanette November 5, 2015 at 3:33 am #

I feel like the dress lost all its effortless vibe on her. It looks much better on the runway. Plus she’s done this type of a dress so many times already.

13. Phoenix November 5, 2015 at 2:25 am #

Another one I really wanted to love, but cannot. I was really hoping for a lovely competition between the Bond gals and Hunger gals but this looks like a sad start.
    I do not like the headpiece and most of all the deja-vu-ness of this look. I mean she still looks pretty, don’t get me wrong, but its just so ‘i’ve seen it too many times’….

• Phoenix November 5, 2015 at 2:29 am #

Also, the ‘windowbox’ to her panties is really distracting and off-putting.

14. Jessica November 5, 2015 at 1:41 am #

Love the dress, not sure how I feel about the crown.

15. Valissa November 5, 2015 at 1:13 am #

As beautiful as this is, the Elie Saab + Elizabeth combo has been done to death and I am so over it. She could be taking more risks than this but instead sticks to the same formula. I’m bored.

16. Prudence November 5, 2015 at 12:32 am #

I miss the non attention seeking, doesn’t desperately plan out how to have all cameras on her during a premiere Elizabeth. She is the epitome of try hard these days, always overdoing it. There is nothing I like about this look. So far the ladies of Hunger Games are looking ridiculous and my god do they pale in comparison to the leading ladies of Spectre.

• Ramsay November 5, 2015 at 8:06 am #

I agree on that
      Spectre’s ladies have been really making good choices (and quite diverse ones)

17. Maya November 5, 2015 at 12:16 am #

One minor point: I wish the underwear (esp since it is black) was not visible like that. :/

18. Maya November 5, 2015 at 12:15 am #

I don’t mind the head piece. Her style is predictable in the sense that I know she is gonna wear something fun and she rarely disappoints. I love that kind of predictability. I also love how her outfits are colorful and full of life! Go Elizabeth!

19. kane November 4, 2015 at 11:08 pm #

Always the same, always, always, always the same (I’m hearing the melody of “Always the Sun” in my head… it works).

20. Ramsay November 4, 2015 at 10:48 pm #

She looks Ok – this is too much in my opinion but understand that over the years the scale has shifted at these premieres (across the board) to something way “dressier” than it used to be c. 5 years ago
    Still for what it is, it’s a good gown
    Though Elizabeth has had better Elie Saabs in the past

21. Josipa November 4, 2015 at 10:44 pm #

I love everything except for the fact that we can see her underwear. Whats the point…?

22. Della November 4, 2015 at 10:32 pm #

She looks beautiful, but…
    I just feel that Elizabeth turns to Elie Saab way too often. Her style is starting to get quite formulaic and predictable.
    When I first saw it, it reminded me a lot of her Elie Saab dress last year for the Mockingjay Part 1 world premiere in London.
    Don’t get me wrong, this is a great look, but I just wish she would mix things up a little bit more for the big premieres.

23. The original AB November 4, 2015 at 10:28 pm #

I love the fact that she is not afraid to bring it. As usual she looks like the main star more than the main star.

24. pinksugar November 4, 2015 at 10:17 pm #

The headpiece was too much but I don’t even care because this is a DREAM of a dress. Elizabeth is kickin’ things off beautifully. I can’t wait for what’s to come.

25. CreoleLady November 4, 2015 at 10:16 pm #

A crown? Srsly? *gags* Love the dress but she almost lost me with the crown.

26. justme November 4, 2015 at 10:09 pm #

I knew that she wouldn’t disappoint. I love the crown.

27. Pedro November 4, 2015 at 10:08 pm #

The dress is perfect but I really deslike the crown.

She can do much better

28. Rebecca Z November 4, 2015 at 10:04 pm #

Not my favorite of her looks, and I actively dislike the crown.

29. Carmen November 4, 2015 at 9:39 pm #

Perfect¡ I love it

30. meme November 4, 2015 at 9:35 pm #

she looks fabulous and the dress is beautifully constructed. Jennifer’s dress looks like it’s from TJ Maxx next to this.

31. Lisa November 4, 2015 at 9:23 pm #

LOVE the dress, HATE the hair and headpiece.

32. Caroline November 4, 2015 at 9:22 pm #

WOW. A complete work of art and she looks AMAZING in it. Bravo.

• manja November 5, 2015 at 11:19 am #

+1 loooove this H2T as always she brings it

33. Christine November 4, 2015 at 9:20 pm #

LOVE! AS usual she brings it. A BDOTW worthy contender and BDOTY contender.

34. delphine November 4, 2015 at 9:15 pm #

Thanks God to have created Elizabeth. She is the best dressed of this night. I would have loved her hair down like on the runway, though.

• ayatlaw November 5, 2015 at 2:50 pm #

+1. She looks stunning! The crown I can do without.

35. Anne November 4, 2015 at 9:13 pm #

Debbie Downer here. I feel like we’ve seen this on Elizabeth before. The ~crown is way too much for this already busy print. For me, this is a rare Banks miss only because I hold her to high standards.

36. Marcel November 4, 2015 at 9:12 pm #

Very predictable choice but I still like the dress.

37. Yeliz November 4, 2015 at 9:07 pm #

Perfection in Elie Saab, just like last year and just like I expected. She looks so enchanting and stunning, I totally adore this look. I especially love the crown. This will be in my BDOTY list.

• Fiona-Brasil November 4, 2015 at 10:04 pm #

• Zineb November 4, 2015 at 10:16 pm #

• A November 5, 2015 at 7:54 am #

•  Rosanna November 5, 2015 at 3:19 pm #

38. julyol1972 November 4, 2015 at 9:05 pm #

OMG! She looks stunning! And as much as I’m usually bored to death with the same ol, same ol from Elie Saab, leave it to Elizabeth to find the one gown that sends me running back to their designs.

This is freaking amazing!

39. Charlotte November 4, 2015 at 9:05 pm #

I’m not too fond of the dress : the spaghetti straps, the print, the sheerness…it’s not working together.
    And the hairstyle is too much.
    Not a good look IMO.

• Genevieve November 4, 2015 at 10:00 pm #

ITA. It looks something from last year promo.

• Della November 4, 2015 at 10:37 pm #

100% agree. You can see her black underwear right through the dress!