Menu

September 5, 2015 Premiere

Diane Kruger In BOSS – ‘Black Mass’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

VENICE, ITALY - SEPTEMBER 04:  Diane Kruger attends a premiere for 'Black Mass' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at  on September 4, 2015 in Venice, Italy.  (Photo by Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)

Diane Kruger attended the premiere of ‘Black Mass’ during the 2015 Venice Film Festival on Friday (September 4) in Venice, Italy.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Diane in this BOSS gown, as this sees the German beauty back to her sleek, chic, modern best.

There’ll be no complaints about the velvet fabric when it has been contoured to fit to perfection, and while the train might feel cumbersome to a minority, I would say that I feel it adds an air of gracefulness to the look.

Only thing that bothers me is the hair. The ‘I only had 5 mins to spare’ look doesn’t match the greatness of the gown.

Credit: Getty

Amber Heard In Stella McCartney & Johnny Depp In Dior Homme - 'Black Mass' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Amber Heard In Stella McCartney & Johnny Depp In Dior Homme – ‘Black Mass’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn - 'Black Mass' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn – ‘Black Mass’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

28 Responses to Diane Kruger In BOSS – ‘Black Mass’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. alyaa September 22, 2015 at 7:31 am #

I liked this dress very much.The color of his hair matching with dress.so she looks so amazing and beautiful.

2. Bailey September 7, 2015 at 1:10 am #

I actually do not mind this dress at all, but her choice of hairstyle kind of brings it down a bit

3. Yeliz September 6, 2015 at 11:30 pm #

LOVE this gown, it’s so gorgeous. I agree about the hair and I don’t like the shoes either, but none of these things can keep me from loving this gown on her.

4. Shaina Cadet September 6, 2015 at 12:50 am #

Could’ve been a beautiful look if it weren’t for the poor styling.

5. gabis September 5, 2015 at 10:44 pm #

LOVE her hair and makeup, like the dress and detest both shoes and clutch.

6. pinksugar September 5, 2015 at 7:12 pm #

I adore this from head to toe. She looks so regal and beautiful. I like that she went with a more relaxed hairstyle since the dress is so polished.

• Milla B. September 6, 2015 at 9:35 am #

7. coll September 5, 2015 at 6:58 pm #

She looks amazing, but not wild about the dress. The wide, droopy band across the bodice and all that extra fabric trailing down kills it for me. Odd shoe selection as well…

8. CreoleLady September 5, 2015 at 5:44 pm #

Love the dress, dislike the styling. Not really ready for velvet either but if this had been styled better, I wouldn’t mind that.

9. Genevieve September 5, 2015 at 5:43 pm #

Love it. She looks great.

10. Guest September 5, 2015 at 5:19 pm #

AS usual, she looks great , I like the hair too, it’s not messy or anything.

11. shaphalf September 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm #

For me, jaw-dropping. She looks exquisite. With fall coming up, this gorgeous bordeaux color is just perfection.

12. Arwa September 5, 2015 at 3:37 pm #

Love everything, the accessory, the dress, and especially the hair.

13. Ramsay September 5, 2015 at 3:13 pm #

Diane wears a dress well – I don’t really like these kinds of dresses normally (I mean with the velvet and the big bow) – I find them too “diva-ish” and overtly glamorous
    But Diane has a way with a dress
    First, I think the decision to have a simple hairstyle was the right one – It grounds the dress – which fits Diane’s style – she is never about excessive glamour, even with the most intricate dress she manages to inject a small dose of cool / nonchalance
    Second, she is not very voluptuous which actually works really well – because her figure does not accentuate the already well defined cut of the dress – which again keeps the look relatively cool
    I really like how she managed this look (and I know I would not have liked this at all on most people)

14. Caroline September 5, 2015 at 2:22 pm #

I would’ve loved this without that train. I’m sorry but it ruins it for me.

15. Christine September 5, 2015 at 1:57 pm #

I do not liking the styling of this. Also, not liking the train of the dress.

16. Larissa September 5, 2015 at 12:12 pm #

The dress is magnificent and she looks very regal in it. Sadly, non only the hair but also the shoes are not the best choice.

17. kane September 5, 2015 at 11:57 am #

Wowhow, I love this. Little nitpicks on second viewing: the dropping of the sleeves, the unexpected shoes. I could have pictured it with a more complex updo, but don’t mind the hair.

18. Charlotte September 5, 2015 at 11:08 am #

Oh how I wish she had worn a pair of gorgeous sandals instead of those white peep toes.
    The gown looked quite Devine on her

19. Chris September 5, 2015 at 10:41 am #

I wish the dress was longer, I don’t like the shoes, I wish the fabric was different and I don’t like the hair and make-up with this.
    This is interesting but still far away from Diane’s usual film festival standards and from what I’ve come to expect from her, tbh.

20. Evita September 5, 2015 at 8:56 am #

So I thought this dress was Ralph & Russo,but turns out it isn’t lol…If you’re going to wear a dress that stops at such an awkward length,wear a decent pair of shoes! I like the relaxed nature of the hair,but the earrings are too much and the clutch too big in size

• Nat39 September 6, 2015 at 4:12 am #

This is instantly reminiscent of R&R design (the column silhouette, the ankle length rather than full, the bow-like folded detail at the waist completed with the train..) – my 1st thought as well. And I actually also think that the hair is just fine, it’s the awful peep-toes that instantly bring the look down.

21. Marcel September 5, 2015 at 8:44 am #

It is a beautiful dress but I am not impressed at all by this look. I like the hair style, mind you.
    Until now this festival has been a big lacklustre . Nothing really interesting came up.

22. alvaro_spain September 5, 2015 at 8:34 am #

The dress is beautiful but I can’t give a pass neither to the messy hair nor to that big clutch and the white shoes that don’t match at all with the dress…

• Fiona-Brasil September 5, 2015 at 11:28 am #

+ 1.Great dress, bad styling.

• Raph September 5, 2015 at 12:09 pm #

Exactly what I think! Too bad!

• justme September 5, 2015 at 9:41 pm #

I agree with you 3, the styling is way subpar.

23. Alina September 5, 2015 at 7:57 am #

The dress is gorgeous on her and considering it’s already September, I don’t have a problem with it being made of velvet.

The hairstyle is another story… Some perfect retro-waves would have made this look a perfect 10.