Menu

May 25, 2015 Premiere

Posted by Rachel Watkins

Sophie Marceau In Vionnet, Saint Laurent,  - Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet Roundup

Sophie Marceau has been busy making the rounds at the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival, attending four different premieres over the last week in Cannes, France.

‘The Sea of Trees’ Premiere: While I appreciated her willingness to go left in the sea of glittery Cannes gowns with this black-and-white Vionnet design, this mod hybrid look simply made me wish for either the leather jumpsuit or the full Grecian-style gown in its entirety rather than unusually fused together.

‘Shan He Gu Ran’ Premiere: Here, the French beauty does abide by Cannes’ dazzling dress code in her Saint Laurent multicolour front-slit, backless gown. Ordinarily, I would have nixed the bejeweled earrings given the high-octane shine of the dress, but when in Cannes…

Sophie Marceau In  Balmain & Armani Privé - Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet Roundup

‘Nie Yinniang’ Premiere: This rock-star Balmain number is a hybrid look that I can more easily get on board with. The edgy, elongating, metallic-striped jumpsuit-cape and accent belt was also 100 percent retro, but she wears it so well, completing the effect with a piece-y fringed bob and statement gold earrings.

Closing Ceremony and ‘Le Glace Et Le Ciel’ Premiere
: She closed out her Cannes run in an Armani Prive gown featuring a bamboo print with nude netted overlay. Here, the silver Chopard earrings were beauties but also a distinct distraction from the dress.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

'Dope' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

‘Dope’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

14 Responses to Sophie Marceau In Vionnet, Saint Laurent, Balmain & Armani Privé – Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet Roundup

1. kane May 26, 2015 at 10:01 am #

I quite like the second look.

2. sophie May 25, 2015 at 6:50 pm #

The earrings on her sparkly Saint Laurent gown (Look 2) would have been FINE with the gown outside of Cannes. Get your styling right.

You got it right about the earrings with the Armani Prive gown (Look 4) though.

3. Fanny May 25, 2015 at 4:28 pm #

I’m really loving the third outfit!
    The rest of the looks are ok, I actually like the earrings in the last one because without them the whole look would have been totally boring.

4. Phoenix May 25, 2015 at 3:54 pm #

The third hybrid outfit I find interesting and fits her perfectly.

5. Caroline May 25, 2015 at 3:31 pm #

I like her Balmain and Armani looks. Mainly her Armani gown.

6. Christine May 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm #

I like her second and third look

7. Yeliz May 25, 2015 at 1:03 pm #

The second look is OK, though the earrings are a bit too much.

8. Charlotte May 25, 2015 at 10:18 am #

I think her white dress by Alexandre Vaultier was her best look and one of the best of Cannes 2015.
    Even if I’m not too food of any of her looks here, they are all interesting and original, I like that !

9. Alina May 25, 2015 at 10:08 am #

I kinda like the first look. There’s something about it that I find interesting, but I do think the fit of the pants could have been better.

The second look is aging.

The Balmain is kinda cool, but I don’t like the hairstyle even if it’s in tune with the 70’s vibe.

The fourth is ruined by the earrings.

10. alvaro_spain May 25, 2015 at 9:51 am #

For those whom are interested: Spanish actress and Cannes jury member this year is wearing at the closing ceremony a Nicolas Vaudelet dress inspired by Manila shawls, normally used by flamenco dancers.
    The other days she was wearing Azzedine Alaia, Sybilla, Sophie Theallet, Juanjo Oliva and her friend Jean Paul Gaultier.

• alvaro_spain May 25, 2015 at 11:06 am #

I was referring to Rossy de Palma… Oops! I forgot to write it! Lol

• Gemma Rockets May 26, 2015 at 3:55 am #

Thanks for that… I love her!

• Ariya May 25, 2015 at 7:25 pm #

Thanks a ton for this 🙂
      I love Rossy and was hoping to see her looks featured on this site.
      Liked all of her outfits except the black coat dress and sheer gown as they were in tune with her personal style without shunning the extravagant glamour that cannes is all about.

11. Nat39 May 25, 2015 at 9:19 am #

The leather pants of the 1st look aren’t working for me, the 2nd look feels old, the 3rd is a bit robe and pjs and the 4th is a cheap-looking net. Not excited about any of those but I’d go with the 3rd, she wears it well.