Menu

Petra Nemcova In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Sicario’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon

"Sicario" Premiere - The 68th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Petra Nemcova attended the premiere of ‘Sicario’ during the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival on Tuesday (May 19) in Cannes, France.

I would’ve said that this Zuhair Murad Spring 2015 Couture gown was quite a princess moment for Petra, but I don’t know many princesses who would wear a gown with such a deep plunge.

It really should’ve been modified to keep the twins under control because at present they look like a wardrobe malfunction ready to happen.

On the plus side, this is one of the few season-appropriate gowns we have seen during Cannes.

YVL_0906

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Aishwarya Rai In Oscar de la Renta - 'Jazbaa' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Aishwarya Rai In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Jazbaa’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Alicia Vikander In Louis Vuitton - ‘Sicario’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Alicia Vikander In Louis Vuitton – ‘Sicario’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

20 Responses to Petra Nemcova In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Sicario’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Phoenix May 19, 2015 at 11:55 pm #

This is so not working. H2t all wrong sadly. Too much going on and too messily.

• Phoenix May 20, 2015 at 12:09 am #

This was also on FC wishlist, for TaylorSwift I believe. Anyways, she probably would of done it better.

2. TeaAtTwo May 19, 2015 at 10:53 pm #

This could have been a lovely red carpet and I realky like the gown on the runway moment but with the plunge, gaudy necklace, messy hair and wrinkles the gown looks cheap.

3. Larissa May 19, 2015 at 9:46 pm #

An updo would’ve improved the look so much..

4. Caroline May 19, 2015 at 9:41 pm #

That gown is horrible, the fabric seems so cheap and Petra’s is all wrinkled! I appreciate that she wore a DIFFERENT type of Zuhair Murad gown but this isn’t working. It looks very ill fitting.

5. Elle May 19, 2015 at 8:23 pm #

The fit seems a bit off for me, especially the neckline. I am also slightly bothered by the creases at the front of the dress, and of the silver necklace/golden belt combo. Not working imo.

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

I would have loved the dress with a higher neckline, but as it is, no. Also, the skirt is more awkward on her than on the model.

7. Shaina May 19, 2015 at 7:58 pm #

The styling is terrible and the fit is as well. The dress itself is beautiful and would have been better suited on someone else or with better styling.

8. from-chitown May 19, 2015 at 7:32 pm #

This does not work at all. It looks beautiful on the runway, but Petra totally cheapens the look for me. The necklace, the hair, the fit at the bust, the pose – none of this works.

9. marie May 19, 2015 at 7:12 pm #

She ruined what is a very beautiful gown. The neckline, the necklace, what possessed her when she chose this clutch – it looks like a cheap make-up bag with this dress.
    I see that gown with a sleek up-do, a nude lip and vibrant blue clutch and sandals…

10. Karen May 19, 2015 at 7:09 pm #

Aishwarya should really teach some of these girls at Cannes on how to carry themselves. Petra doesn’t sell the dress at all. Her styling is off and everything just looks sloppy.

11. Chris May 19, 2015 at 7:09 pm #

At least this is a Zuhair Murad that doesn’t feel like we have already seen it on the read carpet a couple of times before… ^^ But to be honest, I still don’t really like it somehow…it looked better on the runway.

12. Sanya May 19, 2015 at 7:08 pm #

Such bad work of Zuhair Murad. The dress had lot of potential with beautiful print and dramatic form. However, the fit is horrible and fabric looks cheap. On the plus side, Petra looks adorable. Great hair and makeup.

13. Yeliz May 19, 2015 at 7:04 pm #

Love the pattern of the gown, but the fit couldn’t be worse. And the necklace seems unnecessary.

14. Nat39 May 19, 2015 at 7:02 pm #

Glad to see something refreshing and spring-y but this doesn’t feel like her gown at all, it’s a bit too sweet for her, esp. teamed with the cutesy pink clutch, her bust is all over the place and not a very well-ironed skirt is starting to look cheap.

• Christine May 19, 2015 at 10:07 pm #

Agreed x 100000

15. pinksugar May 19, 2015 at 7:00 pm #

I was hoping this dress would be worn by a real movie star versus a model. Petra has cheapened it for me. The boobs, the hair, the necklace, none of it is working in favor of the beauty that is the gown.

16. Zineb May 19, 2015 at 6:56 pm #

Her pose is not helping either. If the upper part was better fitted, it would’ve been a nice look. Problem is I love it on the runway but it didn’t translate right on the red carpet.

• bfly May 19, 2015 at 11:04 pm #

My thoughts exactly. It’s like, what happened??

17. Alina May 19, 2015 at 6:53 pm #

Waaay too Barbie-like.

Plus I’m reaaaally sick and tired of Zuhair Murad (and Elie Saab) at this point.