Menu

February 24, 2015

2015 Oscars Couples

2015 Oscars plus ones

This post is dedicated to those gorgeous plus-ones on Oscar night, who should never be left in the shade.

Sophie Hunter: The pregnant wife of Benedict Cumberbatch looked breathtaking in her custom Lanvin red one-shoulder gown with brass beading. The vivid colour was only heighted when she stood alongside Benedict in his stark white tuxedo blazer. While oozing femininity, her gold Lanvin accessories and drop earrings helped made this quite a strong, powerful look. She’s slowly becoming my favourite plus-one. Sorry, Camila Alves.

Hannah Bagshawe: The British couple both wore navy Alexander McQueen. Eddie Redmayne wore a Bespoke navy tuxedo with black velvet slippers to collect his Best actor awards, while she wore a navy chiffon embroidered gown with embellished feather belt styled with a gold McQueen ‘Clutch Me’ clutch.

2015 Oscars plus ones 2

Behati Prinsloo: Wow, was the first word out of my lips upon sight of Behati in her Giorgio Armani Privé black bustier gown. I was first dazzled by the red beading and palettes before looking upon her handsome date, hubby Adam Levine, in a classic Giorgio Armani suit. I still have reservations about Behati’s necklace, but I think it does bring some balance to the look.

Joanna Newsom: The musician attended with hubby Andy Samberg wearing an ethereal Honor gown made all the more pretty with floral appliqués. An ice-white Edie Parker clutch styled the look, but it’s her Irene Neuwirth aqua jewels that perfect this look for me.

Credit: Getty

Bee Shaffer In Dolce & Gabbana and Anna Wintour In John Galliano for Maison Margiela - 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Bee Shaffer In Dolce & Gabbana and Anna Wintour In John Galliano for Maison Margiela – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

28 Responses to 2015 Oscars Couples

1. Parvati February 25, 2015 at 7:43 pm #

They all look so good, but Sophie Hunter and Benedict Cumberbatch stand out!

2. kane February 25, 2015 at 11:23 am #

Loving Sophie’s look. I could have done without the earrings and especially the details on the side. But this is perfect for maternity!

Joanna’s would have been okay, but the illusion doesn’t work, nor her strange posing.

3. jones19 February 25, 2015 at 11:05 am #

Joanna’s hair and makeup is terribly aging but I do love the dress and jewels.

4. Valissa February 25, 2015 at 8:20 am #

Sophie and Benedict – what a classy couple! So well dressed and so beautiful to look at!
    Hannah and Eddie – love her gown, I think it’s gorgeous! And I like how they wore matching navy. They look great!
    Behati and Adam – that Armani Prive on her is stunning; I could do without the necklace, it simply makes no sense with this look. Overall, the both look great!
    Andy and Joanna – not feeling either look.

5. dee February 25, 2015 at 1:33 am #

I wasn’t done makes the look more in harmony.

6. Christine February 25, 2015 at 1:25 am #

Sophie and Benedict are on point.

7. sara February 24, 2015 at 11:57 pm #

Sophie and Benedict are easily the best dressed couple; Joanna’s styling/makeup/hair is atrocious, i was sure she was Andy’s mother

• Phoenix February 25, 2015 at 12:27 am #

+1 agree completely.

Sophie here has awesome maternity style. Love! And Joanna, yup. assumed it was his mother at first. just not right.

8. Maya February 24, 2015 at 10:53 pm #

Behati’s dress was my favorite of the night. The dress is just breathtaking. I like the necklace. I think it is a very unique and unexpected complement.

• cherrysoftness February 25, 2015 at 1:36 am #

Extraordinary dress, for sure! She and Sophie blew a lot of the other attendees out of the water.

9. TeaAtTwo February 24, 2015 at 9:18 pm #

Sophie looks amazing, sewing up the side a bit the only thing that I want to change. I love Behati’s Prive gown but the necklace is unnecessary and she looks severe with her hair slick. Hannah had one of the more interesting gowns of the he night, an updo would have been great.

10. Bailey February 24, 2015 at 8:31 pm #

Both Sophie and Hannah look amazing!!

11. Nat39 February 24, 2015 at 8:22 pm #

Wow, the Armani Prive gown on Behati is gorgeous, that necklace wasn’t needed though, it’s a bit too bulky and distracting, and Adam Levin is smooth, poised and dashing in the tux. Strong candidates for Best dressed couple for me.

Love Hanna’s gown, but the hair needed to be up. Eddie did very well as usual. And I like how complete Sophie’s styling is.

• molly February 24, 2015 at 10:06 pm #

I actually really loved Behati’s necklace, you cant tell in the pic above, but in the close ups it was fabulous. It made the look for me. My biggest complaint about her look was the slicked back hair which was not flattering to her wide face and it made her ears stick out.

• dee February 25, 2015 at 1:32 am #

I agree her necklace makes the look.

• Nat39 February 25, 2015 at 3:11 am #

gave it a 2nd shot…nope, the necklace is too overpowering bordering on distracting, would’ve actually preferred accent on the statement sleek hair and bold lip.

• WhiteLady February 25, 2015 at 12:00 pm #

Absolutely agree with you, Behati’s necklace made the look, and the hair destroyed it

• Nat39 February 25, 2015 at 2:21 am #

…and of course Sophie and Benedict are very polished couple, Benedict just needed to straighten his bow-tie a little bit and also contrasting white blazer can be tricky and throw the look into a host or waiter territory.

12. Yeliz February 24, 2015 at 8:09 pm #

They were all very well dressed couples, but Benedict and Sophie were outstanding. She looked so gorgeous while he looked very dapper.

13. pinksugar February 24, 2015 at 7:11 pm #

Behati’s dress is pretty but I just do not find her remotely attractive. I feel like Eddie’s wife could have found something better for the occasion and I’d love to see her looking excited to be on his arm just once.

• Lanette February 24, 2015 at 11:57 pm #

I don’t think you need to be beaming from ear to ear to appear excited. I’m sure that Hannah was really happy for her husband. She probably just didn’t feel like she needed to make a huge display out of it, and that’s fine. We should be judging these people by what they wear, not their facial expressions or their way they conduct themselves.

14. Kimma February 24, 2015 at 5:46 pm #

Sophie and Benedict for the win – even with the side detailing.

I wish Hannah would do something with her hair and makeup as I do love her dress, but she looks like she threw it on after work and rushed back out the door.

Great dress and clutch, but Behati’s hair and necklace spoil this look for me.

Can’t fault Joanna -she looks great

15. Anj February 24, 2015 at 5:26 pm #

Sophie Hunter was definitely my favorite at the Oscars- especially standing against Benedict’s white blazer. She was best-dressed for me at the event and they were best dressed couple for sure.

16. DivaDebbi February 24, 2015 at 5:08 pm #

Enchanting. Both.

17. dee February 24, 2015 at 4:32 pm #

I like Sophie and Baheti’s looks. Benedict, Eddie and Adam Levine look good in their suits.

18. Aleks February 24, 2015 at 4:18 pm #

Finally! I saw Sophie’s dress on the red carpet and have been waiting to see it on here! I think she nails looking sexy while pregnant. Sexy while sophisticated without being slutty while pregnant. It’s non-boring maternity wear and covers the bump so wonderfully. I’m in awe.

19. Alina February 24, 2015 at 4:00 pm #

Sophie and Benedict! I’m in love!

20. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2015 at 3:59 pm #

Wow, everyone looks great! I don’t love the side detailing on Sophie’s dress, but the color is magnificent on her and she is just so gorgeous. Hannah’s dress is cool, but I wish she’d worn an updo. Behati’s dress is gorgeous, just wish her hair wasn’t so severe. I love Joanna’s styling, and the dress is very pretty though I wish the top wasn’t so sheer.
    Eddie and Adam’s suits are my favorites, though I have such a soft spot for Ben.