Menu

09.12.14 Premiere

Anna Kendrick In Narciso Rodriguez – ‘Into the Woods’ World Premiere

Anna Kendrick In Narciso Rodriguez - 'Into the Woods' World Premiere

Anna Kendrick attended the world premiere of Disney’s ‘Into the Woods’ held at the Ziegfeld Theater on Monday (December 8) in New York City.

The actress looked supremely elegant wearing a Narciso Rodriguez Pre-Fall 2015 black and white silk georgette gown accented with a leather waistband.

This is the best I have seen Anna in a while. Her style has ranged from too twee to too boring recently, so I’m delighted to see her back on track wearing a look that successfully marries elegance with a contemporary edge.

Styled with a Kate Spade New York custom black satin clutch with gold hardware, diamond ear cuffs and Brian Atwood black ‘Tribeca’ sandals, the look was completed by flawless makeup and a centre-parted slicked-back do.

Does this look see her back on track for you?

Credit: Getty

Heather Graham In Naeem Khan - 'Goodbye To All That' New York screening

Heather Graham In Naeem Khan – ‘Goodbye To All That’ New York screening

Laura Carmichael In Jonathan Saunders - 'Downton Abbey' Season Five Cast Photocall

Laura Carmichael In Jonathan Saunders – ‘Downton Abbey’ Season Five Cast Photocall

17 Responses to Anna Kendrick In Narciso Rodriguez – ‘Into the Woods’ World Premiere

1. Pedro December 10, 2014 at 11:38 am #

Flawless!

I’m in love with her make up

2. Gemma Rockets December 10, 2014 at 2:12 am #

This might be my all time favourite look from Anna.

3. msd December 9, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

I love this. Minimalist, chic, perfectly styled. Not boring to me.

4. Yeliz December 9, 2014 at 9:26 pm #

I’m loving this minimalistic look, she looks simply stunning.

5. François Bresmal December 9, 2014 at 7:57 pm #

I LOVE it! She’s been doing better and better at each appearance lately and this is the best indeed FC! It’s perfectly tailored, as we would expect from a Narciso Rodriguez look anyway, and surprisingly the edge of the look came via the earrings imo. Her makeup is flawless as well <3

6. justine December 9, 2014 at 6:02 pm #

This is very boring to me. It’s nice, but underwhelming considering the type of movie Into the Woods is, Emily Blunt’s dress was more like it. Out of all the fun she could have had with the dress, it’s disappointing that she chose this. This might work better for a different movie, but here, it looks dowdy.

7. alvaro_spain December 9, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

Not liking the top! Too simple, it seemes a T-shirt.

8. pinksugar December 9, 2014 at 2:57 pm #

I love Anna but she has almost completely lost her fashion mojo for me. This is just plain boring and something we have seen a million times. I miss seeing her having fun with her looks. I don’t know if she switched stylists or is just in a rut but something continues to be off. I do love the makeup/hair here.

9. Molly December 9, 2014 at 2:57 pm #

She actually looks glamorous and comfortable in some of these shots, and those are not words I think I’ve ever thought in connection with her. I do believe this is a hit on all fronts.

10. Phoenix December 9, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

By far the best shes looked in a long time. This is a refreshing look for her, no matter how simple. And it suits her. very pretty.

11. shaphalf December 9, 2014 at 1:57 pm #

Weird reading some of these comments as I think she’s been looking rather chic lately. The Victoria Beckham dress was such a fab choice for her, and this – to me – is a total homerun. I don’t think she’s the most consistent star of the bunch, but I certainly do think she’s been looking wonderful as of late.

12. kane December 9, 2014 at 12:49 pm #

It’s been done indeed, but it’s something refreshingly different from her and works perfectly for her. I agree it suggests that she should dress outside her boxes a little more, which are indeed labeled ‘boring’ and/or ‘twee.’ Don’t become another one of the black and/or white girls, Anna, but clean lines, cool minimalism, that would be much appreciated.

13. Bailey December 9, 2014 at 12:46 pm #

Love the elegant simplicity of this! Beautiful on her!

14. Christine December 9, 2014 at 12:40 pm #

I wouldn’t call this best. More like a been there, done that.

• Lashae December 9, 2014 at 1:08 pm #

• sophie December 9, 2014 at 3:59 pm #

I agree. This is aging and boring.

15. Scarlett December 9, 2014 at 12:36 pm #

I believe she’s changed stylists recently, at least since TIFF in September, she’s now with Cristina Ehrlich. I like this, sleek, simple and it’s nice to see her in something different from the mid-length, strapless we’ve seen a lot of recently