Menu

September 20, 2013

New York & Company And Eva Mendes Collection Launch

New York & Company And Eva Mendes Collection Launch

If you’ve been wondering where Eva Mendes has been, she’s been busy creating a fashion collection with New York & Company.

The actress has been quoted on several occasions saying how much she loves to shop in vintage-clothing stores, so it’s not a surprise that her affordable line of dresses, skirts, blouses and accessories has a vintage-inspired theme.

Like any good brand ambassador, the actress has wasted no time promoting her brand.

For the line’s launch this week she wore a white draped bodysuit, black brocade pencil skirt and necklace.

Yesterday morning she wore a polka-dot dress on ‘Good Morning America’ and a floral dress, jacket and head scarf while leaving.

Eva also wore a coral tunic dress on ‘The View’ yesterday morning. Finally, she has also been spotted wearing a coat from the line to meetings in the city this week.

Aside from the coat, all the pieces are under $100.

Many of you said it would be a cold day in hell before you purchased anything from Rihanna’s River Island collection, so how do you feel about Eva’s New York & Company collection?

Eva Mendes NY & Co

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Cate Blanchett In Gucci - Milan Fashion Week Portraits

Cate Blanchett In Gucci – Milan Fashion Week Portraits

Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung & Olivier Theyskens - New York City Ballet 2013 Fall Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung & Olivier Theyskens – New York City Ballet 2013 Fall Gala

19 Responses to New York & Company And Eva Mendes Collection Launch

1. KatieKate September 22, 2013 at 5:54 am #

Geez, now that I take a closer look I might even like that polka dotted shirt-style dress even more. And the coat is absolutely divine! Super impressed.

2. amy September 20, 2013 at 10:54 pm #

I would totally wear the coral tunic dress.

• KatieKate September 22, 2013 at 5:50 am #

Yep. To totally my fave. I would undoubtedly buy it esp at that price point. The color is beautiful on her, but I think it would look good on a wide range of skin tones/hair colors, like myself, as I’m fair with blonde hair. I think all of the looks will have mass appeal,and look very in line with NY & Co.’s aesthetic.

3. Pablo September 20, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

Lovely collection. She looks basically great in all of the looks.

4. Prudence September 20, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

she has a horrendous sense of style so I cannot get on board with her ” designing ” clothes. She stamped her name on it and probably had zero involvement so no I will not be buying.

5. Petra September 20, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

I don’t love it, but It’s far better than Rihanna’s collection. I especially like the peach colored dress.

6. Rebecca Z September 20, 2013 at 4:04 pm #

Great job. Not really fair to compare her looks with Rihanna’s as they are designed for very different women. This is a very ladylike collection–maybe even a little prim. I like it, but I wouldn’t expect any crossover buyers between this collection and Rihanna’s.

7. Jerusa September 20, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

She looks beautiful!!! And of course I’d love to buy from this collection.

8. EmmaWoodhouse September 20, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

She is miles ahead of Rihanna as far as collections. The 2nd and 4th looks are my favorites, but all of them are nice!

9. kane September 20, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Pleasantly surprised by the extended version of the post, I love look no. 4! I like 2 and 3 although they seem a tad old for her. The first one I find very uninspired.

10. dee September 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

Agree with what everyone else has said. She looks great.

11. Beth Rodrigues September 20, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

There look to be several pieces I would purchase and wear..love the colors1

12. Denise September 20, 2013 at 12:40 pm #

Beautiful, ladylike, wearable. Yes, I would love to own this floral dress from the collection !

• Yeliz September 20, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

Agreed. My personal favourite is the coral dress.

• Christine September 20, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

Me too. I like the pieces she is wearing.

• JJ September 22, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

I believe several of the pieces have already sold out (like the top she’s wearing here) and I want that skirt. 🙂

13. Laura September 20, 2013 at 11:01 am #

I agree with Valissa and CreoleLade. These are gorgeous wearable pieces. I would love to buy from this collection

14. CreoleLady September 20, 2013 at 10:18 am #

Great to see her, she looks gorgeous. Agree with Valissa, everything looks pretty and wearable. That coral color is luscious.

15. Valissa September 20, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Every piece here is pretty and wearable. If I can get my hands on it, I will.
    I especially like the coral dress and the black and white outfit at the launch….