Menu

December 11, 2012

2012 American Country Awards

The 2012 American Country Awards took place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada yesterday evening.

Usually there are a few stand outs from these country music events, but last night they were all equally meh.

Where is Taylor Swift when you need her?

Carrie Underwood: I do like Carrie’s peach lace Georges Chakra Couture bubble dress with lines of pearls, but the B Brian Atwood ‘Cassiane’ fringe sandals and same old, same old hairstyle kill this look for me.

LeAnn Rimes: The singer kept it simple, wearing a black Dolce & Gabbana ruched stretch-crepe dress with a scooped neckline. Her snakeskin Tom Ford pumps keep things interesting, but her white Tom Ford clutch is quite the head scratcher.

Kristin Chenoweth: The actress/singer was my favourite at this event – I’m sure I don’t need to explain why – wearing a Rafael Cennamo electric-blue gown. The vibrant bustier gown with corset detailing was styled with blue-toned Martin Katz jewels.

Miranda Lambert: Usually one for wearing gowns at country music events, Miranda opted for a high-neck Reem Acra Fall 2012 black-and-gold mini dress. Unfortunately, the risk did not pay off for her. The look is not particularly flattering and the high bun is too cutesy for her.

With the exception of Kristin who looks flawless, they all can and have done much better.

Credit: Getty

Eddie Redmayne In Alexander McQueen - ‘Les Miserables’ New York Premiere

Eddie Redmayne In Alexander McQueen – ‘Les Miserables’ New York Premiere

Ewan McGregor In Balenciaga - 'The Impossible' LA Premiere

Ewan McGregor In Balenciaga – ‘The Impossible’ LA Premiere

11 Responses to 2012 American Country Awards

1. Kathy December 18, 2012 at 6:59 pm #

The ACAs are completely rigged, all of the artists who win are the ones who go, so you know there’s some correlation there. Taylor has never been to the ACAs and they never award her anyway. Meanwhile, I’m loving Carrie’s dress but it’s not exactly appropriate for December. I like LeAnn’s dress but her clutch is driving me crazy. It’s so bulky and awkward. Kristin looks good, but she’s a little too old to pull of the prom/pageant look convincingly. (And this kind of award show is not the place for a gown IMO). Mirnada looks okay, but like you said, her dress doesn’t flatter her at all.

2. Jess2 December 12, 2012 at 10:05 am #

Agree on all points. Kristen looks gorgeous and Miranda needs a new stylist, stat!

3. Christine December 12, 2012 at 2:21 am #

Um, not liking NONE of these looks.

4. EmmaWoodhouse December 12, 2012 at 2:14 am #

*Didn’t mean the last sentence as a question.

5. EmmaWoodhouse December 12, 2012 at 2:13 am #

Where IS Taylor when you need her? She would have brought some much-needed class to this event. Even Kristen’s beautiful blue hue can’t win me over to the tacky prom style of the bodice (though I love the skirt). The other three are bad–Carrie is too cutesy (she should be O-V-E-R this kind of look) Leann is boring, and Miranda…this is seriously the worst she’s ever looked. I can’t believe that trainwreck is Reem Acra?

6. Yeliz December 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

Kristin Chenoweth looks stunning. I also like Carrie’s dress, but hate her styling.

7. Amy December 11, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

kristin owns this. Everyone else is yawn-enducing

8. Moxie December 11, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

Kristin is flawless. The others are meh.

9. Agathe December 11, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Britney, is that you on the right?
    Hahahaha

10. dee December 11, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Kristen looks the best. I would have like Carrie’s look but the hairstyle isn’t working.

11. robbie December 11, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

miranda is wearing reem acra? surely that cant be true that is one hideously cheap looking dress.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my little cheno. that colour just puts a smile on my face.