Menu

September 24, 2012 Runway To Red Carpet

Heidi Klum In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2012 Emmy Awards

Heidi Klum looked very pretty at the 2012 Emmy Awards held in Hollywood, California, on Sunday evening.

I do like her light blue Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2012 Couture gown, but the overall look and styling feels a tad one note.

To be honest, I’m more than a tad bored.

The Lorraine Schwartz earrings match the dress, which matches the Lorraine Schwartz ring, which matches the shoes and no doubt the clutch.

Credit: NYMag.com & Getty

Hayden Panettiere In Marchesa - 2012 Emmy Awards

Hayden Panettiere In Marchesa – 2012 Emmy Awards

Elisabeth Moss In Dolce & Gabbana - 2012 Emmy Awards

Elisabeth Moss In Dolce & Gabbana – 2012 Emmy Awards

39 Responses to Heidi Klum In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2012 Emmy Awards

1. robert September 25, 2012 at 4:40 am #

Matchy, matchy? So what other colors was she supposed to wear with this dress?

I think her tan is the worst thing about this look, but the ‘one note’ protest doesn’t resonate here at all with me.

2. Provost September 24, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

I’d like to buy a vowel.

3. Natalie19 September 24, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

I don’t like this look.

I really dislike the matchy blue earrings and shoes.

And also, surprisingly, Heidi looks kind of heave here

4. FC310 September 24, 2012 at 7:31 pm #

i think she was dressed like she’s attending a Victoria Secret promo event.

5. Alina September 24, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

I love the gown, but not on her.

6. Joan September 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

I love this! Im usually not a fan of her style but I think this is the best she looked in a long time!

7. Sabina September 24, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

She does look pretty from the neck up, but the dress is so desperate and lame.

8. Dolly September 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

Oddly enough I am getting an Ulrika Johnson vibe from her in this. We all know Heidi has a great body, but I dont even need to see photos to know that she is vastly exposing any part of her body for any of these red carpet events…it’s getting boring

9. TeaAtTwo September 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

It all feels boring, a tad trashy try hard and ageing with hair, one note styling and obvious skin flashing.

10. Kaiva September 24, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Ohh, I just don’t like anything about this look. She looks kinda naked, way too summery, and the neckline makes her boobs look way long. I think it just does nothing to her as she has such a great figure.

11. Andrea September 24, 2012 at 10:10 am #

To match that baby blue pastel colour with a barbie prom night hairstyle is not a good idea in my opinion.

To much sugar and not interesting at all, not even with all that perfect long leg showing.

12. Pene September 24, 2012 at 10:05 am #

she doesnt carry the dress like the super model she is

13. Dionne September 24, 2012 at 6:01 am #

Forget the dress, Heidi seems to have had a kid for every season of project runway & her body looks incredible!! No wonder they call her the body. I think she looks great

• Natalie19 September 24, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

actually, it’s Elle Macpherson who is called The Body

14. Dhppy September 24, 2012 at 5:19 am #

I think Heidi hears the phrase “less is more” as “less fabric is more skin.” If she had stuck to one leg slit this gown would improve greatly. The color is great for her and I love the styling.

15. Vidhya September 24, 2012 at 3:50 am #

Sorry to nitpick but there is this very gown in the Alexandre Vauthier 2012 couture collection.. very similar to this purple one but with a bigger waist tie in this blue.

16. taksi September 24, 2012 at 3:42 am #

It would have been ok if she had an updo and more support. The dress is still very boring though.

17. Saree September 24, 2012 at 3:05 am #

It’s a nice dress & all, but we’ve seen it countless times. Looks too Carrie Underwood for my liking. She does look nice though.

The shoes are the only thing I give her points for. Perhaps a Best Show of the Event nominee?

18. EmmaWoodhouse September 24, 2012 at 2:41 am #

Sorry, this is just tacky. Tacky angel-barbie. Try being classy, Heidi, it won’t hurt you!

19. carolina September 24, 2012 at 2:40 am #

Too revealing. That’s not necessary and it actually detracts from her beauty. The stance reminds me of the one Jolie did, which caused everyone to laugh about its artificiality.

20. Moxie September 24, 2012 at 2:36 am #

I have to disagree. I think she looks fabulous. The slit is too high for my taste, which brings the look down a bit.

21. love September 24, 2012 at 2:08 am #

i have to disagree with everybody i dont know if it is because this is one of my favorite colors but i think this is one note done right i actually really like it. Though, i prefer the cut of the runway dress better.

22. shaun September 24, 2012 at 1:21 am #

from watching her this season on project runway she is always talking about how she likes over the top clothing. i think she needs to tone it down, this looks desperate and she is a women of a certain age now

23. Grace Patricia September 24, 2012 at 1:00 am #

One of that “I have a great body and my only need is to show it” kind of dresses.

24. Stephanie September 24, 2012 at 12:59 am #

At first glance on the TV I was happy with the color.. love love love the color. Then, they panned down. The way she insists on sticking her leg through the slit is tacky… and the double slits make it look like a diaper between her legs.

25. gabis September 24, 2012 at 12:55 am #

She should’ve kept the runway styling with the sleek bun and statement golden jewelry. If she had done so, she would’ve made to my best dressed list. It is a shame she wasted such a beautiful dress with this silly matchy-matchy styling. Talk about playing safe.

26. Hannah September 24, 2012 at 12:54 am #

I think that silver accessories would have worked better, but she still looks divine. She wanted attention and she knew how to get it. As with half the looks so far, a clutch would have made teh dress feel more balanced and complete the look.
    I honestly think half hte reason I ove this look is the colour and the shoes, which I believe are Charlotte Olympia ‘Ursula’s.

27. Odette September 24, 2012 at 12:50 am #

I want class for the Emmys and this isn’t classy. On someone like Diane Kruger it would be classy but it’s forgettable and a little tacky on Heidi whose celebrity is in the same tacky level as Tyra Banks and Eva Longoria.

28. Kate September 24, 2012 at 12:46 am #

At times, I am very unimpressed with Heidi Klum. I might even say I am bored with a lot of her choices. This is a perfect example of that. I don’t like it at all, and find the matching shoes very high school prom like. I might like it better if there were a little less skin showing, but even then probably not.

• Beta September 24, 2012 at 7:55 am #

29. towanda September 24, 2012 at 12:44 am #

it’s too much matchy-matchy

30. ash September 24, 2012 at 12:43 am #

This reminds me of Charlize Theron at the Golden Globes.

31. Nat39 September 24, 2012 at 12:43 am #

The slit is a bit too high, wish she hadn´t drawn this much attention to it with her posing. And it´s way too one-note – would´ve been much nicer with contrasting colour statement earrings.

32. Yeliz September 24, 2012 at 12:40 am #

She looks good but forgettable, IMO.

33. Chrisitne September 24, 2012 at 12:38 am #

I agree about being one note but damn she is working it!

34. robbie September 24, 2012 at 12:37 am #

wow! from the waist up its nice from the waist down its a little tacky.

35. Jones19 September 24, 2012 at 12:37 am #

I agree, the one note styling is too much. Her chest also needs some support.

• Noemi September 24, 2012 at 9:23 am #

When I see her on the same red carpets of movie stars I always think that she tries hard to get attention. You’re still hot, Heidi but you needs a bra!

• tiffany September 24, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

just no. slow down. you look better on project runway than on the red carpet most times. that’s kray!