Menu

Emma Stone In Rochas – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Tokyo Premiere

Earlier this morning, Emma Stone attended the photocall for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ in Toyko, Japan, wearing a cute Rue du Mail Fall 2012 dress.

This evening she was at Roppongi Hills in Tokyo with her co-star and beau Andrew Garfield for the premiere.

The couple looked to be enjoying the attention they were receiving from the fans; Andrew even captured the moment on his iPhone.

I have said several times that I’m very excited about this promo tour, but unfortunately this Rochas Fall 2012 dress just doesn’t do it for me.

I tried. I really tried.

I don’t like anything about it. I dislike the colour, the fit seems a bit off and that puffy skirt is sending shivers down my spine (not in a good way).

The only thing that is grabbing me here are her cute Christian Louboutin ‘Love Me Bow’ heels, and even they appear to be two sizes too big.

Van Cleef & Arpels earrings completed the look.

‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ opens on June 30 in Japan.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katy Perry In Vintage Nolan Miller – City of Hope's Music And Entertainment Industry Group Honors Bob Pittman

Katy Perry In Vintage Nolan Miller – City of Hope’s Music And Entertainment Industry Group Honors Bob Pittman

Andrew Garfield In Alexander McQueen - ‘The Amazing Spiderman’ Tokyo Press Conference

Andrew Garfield In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Amazing Spiderman’ Tokyo Press Conference

96 Responses to Emma Stone In Rochas – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Tokyo Premiere

1. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

The color and the fit of the dress is awful. I only like the hair and the shoes, the make up is quite ugly, too.

2. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

I hate make up, too.
    Such a dissipointed as I loved everything Emma wore till today haha.
    Maybe her stylist coudn’t work with her on that day 😀

3. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

Maybe a statement necklace would have made this look better.

I love this girl, she is my number 1 style icon i really love, that she’s always trying new things, new looks, new color, hair, make up, i love that she loves! fashion.
    That smile, i just love her.

4. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

I guess the dress is too big on her. I love her style but this dress is not doing her any good. It’s about fashion, not liking her or not.

5. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

+2 the hair, makeup and shoes are gorgeous. The dress is terrible.

6. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

Agreed! Everything else looks great, the problem here is how incredibly hideous this dress is. Honestly, it’s one of the ugliest dresses I’ve ever seen. I’m very much surprised Emma went for it.

I really like Andrew’s suit though.

7. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

The dress is just plain ugly. I love everything else about this, though. The hair, the make-up and especially the shoes.

8. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

my first thought was something is missing, but then I just concluded that I didn’t like the dress

9. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

I think its nice enough look. However, i feel a bib necklace in coral or may turquise could have elevated the look

10. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

love the dress on her but something is missing to give it that extra oomph. the shoes are divine shame they are too big for her.

11. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

I think there is a good idea here. If we were looking at this in October with a midnight blue blazer it might be different. Or, if this dress was yellow and made in a lighter fabric, the puffy skirt would look more whimisical and fun instead of something out of an 18th century period piece.

12. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

Me too! I love it all! Despite the fit issues for me it’s a perfect look for Emma!

13. Guest May 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

I actually love it. Yes, it appears that the dress is a little bit too big for her, but I’ve fallen in love with this collection since it was presented on the runway, so it is a win for me.

14. ciba June 15, 2012 at 12:58 am #

do andrew garfield and robert pattinson share suits?

15. Parvati June 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

I, too, am not crazy about this look. I like the colour of the dress but the design isn’t that great, in my opinion. Plus, it’s quite obvious that the shoes are too big.

(Btw, does anyone else think she looks a bit like Anna Faris in the photo?)

16. Annel June 14, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

I think it would have worked better with a belt to somehow give the dress a more nipped-in silhouette around the waist. Plus perhaps adding a splash of colour. Shame that the shoes are too big.

17. Jess2 June 14, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

I tried so hard to love this look too but argh the dress, it breaks my heart. Had the top half of the dress been fitted a bit more the dress may have looked a bit better. Her styling is awesome though, love everything about the styling. I die for those shoes!!

18. mimi June 14, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

Also is it just me or is it far less puffy on the runway? Why would want more puff?!

19. mimi June 14, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Oh Emma. You’re still absolutely stunning but this is the first time I’ve ever seen you without an incredible outfit to boot!

I think if the waist weren’t so dropped this could have been ok. I actually quite like the contrast of the chocolate brown colour with her pale skin and blonde hair. And needless to say, the hair, make up and shoes are divine.

20. Yeliz June 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

Well, after her amazing photocall look, this one is a disappointment for me as well. I thought one moment how it would be, if the dress wouldn’t look so big and unflattering on her, but I guess I still wouldn’t like it. Her shoes, make up and especially her hairstyle is gorgeous though.

21. Saara June 14, 2012 at 10:05 am #

I like it! I think it’s very cute and fun and the shoes are divine (although too big for her).

22. Mol June 14, 2012 at 4:26 am #

Agree, I love this too, but the fit really let’s her down.

23. Christine June 14, 2012 at 4:18 am #

The dress is not doing her any justice. The fit, the color is all poorly made and fitted.

The shoes are cute but a pass on this look.

24. 麗林 June 14, 2012 at 4:08 am #

The dress is not that bad, but the color doesn’t do anything for her.

25. P. June 14, 2012 at 3:18 am #

Honestly, I’m really on the fence. I think the colour isn’t that great and the fit looks awkward. I like the idea of a puffy skirt, cuz gives an oomph to the look. The shoes are great. If the dress colour was somewhat less brown and more maroon I think I would’ve liked it more. Adding some beautiful ruby/coral jewels, it would’ve elevated the look to another level. But even when Emma isn’t so good, she is never predictable and very versatile. Love her cuz she always tries to step out of the box, without fearing the failure.

26. Tina June 14, 2012 at 2:41 am #

I was very confused when I first saw this dress…is this supposed to be a fashion-forward piece that I am simply not capable of understanding? And then I decided it’s just ugly.

I agree with others about the shoes, makeup and hair, though. They look great on her, just wish she’d ditch the dress…

27. pipsqueak June 14, 2012 at 2:23 am #

The dress is ugly but Emma and her shoes saved the whole look, so it wasn’t so bad. When I first saw the picture, I actually went “wow, hot couple alert!” I like the color of Andrew’s outfit but the fit seemed a tad too loose. The lovebirds look so adorable together and are such a strong brand among young Hollywood. (Jesse Einsenberg, please find yourself an A-list girlfriend)

28. Henrique June 14, 2012 at 1:45 am #

Not her best look but I don’t hate it.

• Alina June 14, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

Ditto. I actually like it!

29. fromchi-town June 14, 2012 at 1:39 am #

I dislike the dress – a lot!! Too bad ‘cos her hair and make-up is so good. I am with you FC, I just cannot warm up to this look.

30. Shelby June 14, 2012 at 1:01 am #

Yes, the dress is awful! The hair and makeup are good, I love the twists!

31. Molly June 14, 2012 at 12:33 am #

I love everything from the neck up! I think I would actually like the dress if the fit was better and if it was another color, like white. White would have been good.

32. Gustavo Velasco June 14, 2012 at 12:30 am #

She´s the best compliment for that dress, she shine on it, look confortable, and her face look beautiful, sometimes we are so impatients for something fashion forward from Emma that we don´t appreciate we she´s the real star on the picture, not the dress

33. Marybeth June 14, 2012 at 12:25 am #

Eh. Everyone has an off day, I guess.
    I don’t hate it but it’s definitely not up to Emma’s usual standard.

34. Dhppy June 14, 2012 at 12:13 am #

So glad it’s not just me. I looked at the photo and immediately thought, “ohhhh no…. but the shoes are nice.”

35. Linda June 13, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

I agree. I want to like it, but the fit and colour are no good.

36. Luiza June 13, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

I don’t like the dress on the runway, but in Emma I think it’s perfection!

37. Grace Patricia June 13, 2012 at 10:23 pm #

38. Fer June 13, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

Maybe a statement necklace would have made this look better.

That smile, i just love her.

39. milex June 13, 2012 at 9:24 pm #

I hate make up, too.
    Such a dissipointed as I loved everything Emma wore till today haha.
    Maybe her stylist coudn’t work with her on that day 😀

40. Emi June 13, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

41. dee June 13, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

What an ugly dress. The color is drab, the neckline is unflattering and the poufy skirt is awful.

42. Teleholic June 13, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

This is one of the rare times I disagree, I love it! One of my top 5 (okay, maybe 10) looks from her. Yes, even the color, I think it works well with her blonde hair. And when she looks that happy, it elevates her whole look for me.

• Caro June 13, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

+1. I love this look and her smile even better.

• Barbara Pereira June 14, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

Loooove everything!!!!

43. Shiva June 13, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

I like the IDEA of this look, the look itself is a different issue.
    In my opinion, everything starting from the fabric choice to the tailoring to the fitting should’ve been pulled together and polished a lot more.
    Well done Emma, however, on not going the short-tight-sparkly route

44. amparo June 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

IMO she looks perfect, better than the model on the runway.

45. Terry June 13, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Her adorable shoes are the Love Me Bow pumps by Christian Louboutin.

• Fashion Critic June 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

46. Nat39 June 13, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

The dress is hanging on her like a heavy shapeless gloomy sack (can see better on the other images). Better fit at the waist to create a more flattering silhouette would’ve helped.
    The hairstyle is adorable, and the shoes (although a bit too big) work well with the dress.

47. Petra June 13, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) June 13, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

I like it too. Love the shoes. Just wish everything fit a bit better.

• EmmaWooodhouse June 18, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

+1 It doesn’t fit perfectly but otherwise she kind of looks cute. That said, I’m biased. I normally wouldn’t like the dress (drop waist isn’t my thing) but Emma always looks cute and put together. I adore the shoes too.

• Tea June 14, 2012 at 3:50 am #

48. tif June 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

49. robbie June 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 13, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

• rashmi June 13, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

50. Serena June 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

• Lancel June 13, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

+1. Such an ugly dress.

• dee June 13, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

+2 the hair, makeup and shoes are gorgeous. The dress is terrible.

• Aline June 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm #

I really like Andrew’s suit though.