Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan – Zee Cine Awards 2014

Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan - Zee Cine Awards 2014

Deepika Padukone attended the Zee Cine Awards on Saturday (February 8) in Mumbai, India.

The actress stunned wearing a Naeem Khan Fall 2013 blush paillette-and-crystal-encrusted slip gown styled with a gold-chain headwrap crowning her half-up, half-down ‘do, giving her elegant look a boho twist.

Was the headwrap too gimmicky for you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Angie Harmon In Hervé Léger by Max Azria - Conan

Angie Harmon In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – Conan

Madonna In Dsquared² - Great American Songbook Event Honoring Bryan Lourd

Madonna In Dsquared² – Great American Songbook Event Honoring Bryan Lourd

22 Responses to Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan – Zee Cine Awards 2014

1. ysh87 February 11, 2014 at 19:27 #

She looks amaaaazing and this kind of relaxed yet sexy gown suits her well, but head ornament sure looks like a distraction.

2. shap_half February 11, 2014 at 19:33 #

She is so beautiful, and the dress is gorgeous on the runway, but IMO her styling cheapens the outfit.

• Yeliz February 11, 2014 at 23:52 #

ITA.

3. Christine February 11, 2014 at 19:43 #

Not really liking the dress in her. Looks better on the runway.

4. Cookie February 11, 2014 at 20:01 #

Early noughties Ashley Olsen called. She wants her headgear back.

5. Nat39 February 11, 2014 at 20:36 #

The dazzling gown is gorgeous and looks amazing on her statuesque frame. The half ‘do is too high, doesn’t look good. The headpiece makes it look costumey and theatrical, completely unnecessary. Ditch it and style your hair more elegantly and it would’ve been a winner. The way it is, I can’t give her a pass for her presentation.

• lea February 11, 2014 at 22:47 #

The headpiece is something that is done a lot in India. If you watch any Bollywood movie you will see that this is pretty normal.

• Nat39 February 11, 2014 at 23:08 #

Of course, I know. Everyone knows. No need to bash people, implying they are ignorant here (I see your comment below). She is wearing a sexy glamorous contemporary gown, not a traditional Indian garment. Some may say it’s nice twist, but in my eyes, it brings down what could”ve been a great refined and sultry look. Feel free to disagree but don’t scream about cluelessness.

• Dani February 12, 2014 at 08:32 #

Overreact much? I dont think there was any ‘screaming’ about cluelessness.

6. Megha February 11, 2014 at 20:54 #

I love it
    The headpiece is a very old indian look and I love that she wore something like that with a contemporary western sillhouette
    It’s an odd combination yes but one that she pulls off and kudos for taking the risk
    And also for that gorgeous smile on the red carpet

7. dee February 11, 2014 at 21:18 #

I will give her a pass on the headpiece as it seems like an homage to her Indian culture at this event. The dress looks OK on her. Better on the runway model.

8. kane February 11, 2014 at 21:43 #

The dress doesn’t strike me as particularly flattering around the mid-section–would be beautiful otherwise! The head piece isn’t my style, but different strokes for different folks (“…and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo-bee” Heads to Youtube).

• CreoleLady February 12, 2014 at 00:51 #

LOL! OK, now I’m going to hear that song in my head for the rest of the day :)

9. lea February 11, 2014 at 22:44 #

Sometime it baffle me that this is a fashion blog. Like really, haven’t you ever notice that hair piece is a central part in Indian dressing code?
    Like can you be more clueless, it’s not costumish just because it isn’t typical western approved.

She looks great.

10. NooG February 12, 2014 at 02:17 #

Being Indian and knowing that the headpieces are traditional, I think the headpiece looks fine. I think it would’ve looked more appropriate had her hair been pulled back/up.

11. Raiyan February 12, 2014 at 02:52 #

I understand what statement she was aiming to give through this look. But there seem to be a lack of balance! This would have been a good look if she had ditched the headgear.

12. RSN February 12, 2014 at 05:03 #

She’s reigning the award season this year, so I’m guessing she was trying to go for a contemporary dramatic bollywood queen effect. I cannot outright hate it, seeing how she carries it with such confidence.

13. Alina February 12, 2014 at 05:49 #

I don’t mind the headpiece, but the dress doesn’t seem very flattering.

14. the ogre February 12, 2014 at 18:10 #

The dress looks gorgeous on her and that smile takes my breath away. She is indeed one of the most beautiful actresses in the Indian Film Industry.However, the headpiece would have looked great if she had put her hair in an elegant chignon. Presented this way with the slight bouffant and loose hair, it looks a bit gimmicky. But it’s a beautiful piece anyway. I give her points for grace and confidence and how she tried to reinterpret the look on the runway in her own special way.

15. Feng QiuHuang February 13, 2014 at 03:55 #

Her smile is very charming, dress is very beautiful.

16. Sara February 26, 2014 at 18:49 #

Stunning

17. raul brammin May 23, 2014 at 12:13 #

I love deepika .. but she looks HORRIFIC on here

the headgear does not work first of all

The outfit hides her curves and there is about nothing left to admire as the makeup looks garish as well