10.01.14

Lupita Nyong’o In Carolina Herrera – AFI Awards 2014

Lupita Nyong'o In Carolina Herrera - AFI Awards 2014

When I saw Lupita Nyong’o at the 14th annual AFI Awards Luncheon held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills this afternoon (January 10) I gave a sigh of relief.

Thankfully that strange hairdo sported at the W magazine party was just an one-off.

The actress was back to her best wearing blue-and-yellow floral print Carolina Herrera v-neck frock with an asymmetrical draped skirt.

She complemented the look with blue suede Manolo Blahnik pumps and dazzling Jamie Wolf scallop stud earrings and a matching cocktail ring.

Many of you were not only put off by the hairdo of the last look, but also the styling; so how does Lupita fare on this occasion?

Credit: Getty

Kate Mara In Michael Kors - AFI Awards 2014

Kate Mara In Michael Kors – AFI Awards 2014

Kate Mara In Michael Kors - AFI Awards 2014

Kate Mara In Michael Kors – AFI Awards 2014

12 Responses to Lupita Nyong’o In Carolina Herrera – AFI Awards 2014

1. Yeliz January 10, 2014 at 21:49 #

The dress looks great on her, but the shoes don’t work for me.

• Alina January 11, 2014 at 05:54 #

+1 Wrong colour.

2. Christine January 10, 2014 at 21:56 #

This is lovely but the shoes are not.

• Marta January 11, 2014 at 10:34 #

I agree, her shoes don’t work: too heavy, too blue.

3. Rebecca Z January 10, 2014 at 22:36 #

Gorgeous.

4. Anne Gallagher January 10, 2014 at 23:03 #

That blue and gold colour combination is tough to pull off, but it looks fantastic on her.

• amy January 10, 2014 at 23:26 #

she looks great, I agree

5. julyol1972 January 10, 2014 at 23:32 #

Whew! Thank goodness that hair-xperiment is over! Love the dress with those beautiful colors against her skin, but do not like that color shoe with it!

6. Nat39 January 11, 2014 at 00:22 #

She is like a breath of fresh air with this vibrant colourful look. The dress fits her perfectly, she looks fantastic.

7. Serenity January 11, 2014 at 01:46 #

She looks gorgeous, and the shoes are not terrible, if not perfect. I would have MUCH rather seen her on the BDOTW poll vs. Kate Mara. I do NOT get that whole mess.

8. Ahot January 11, 2014 at 07:55 #

Umm, i disagree on the statement about the hair in her last outing. That´s what natural black hair can do, it´s versatile enough to be worn that way. I did love it, it was the dress that wasn´t working for me. But then, she is so beautiful, she makes everything work somehow. & Grace Jones wasn´t the first to rock something like that, it´s quite common in african countries. People need to be more open to new things. I am thankful, someone is daring to show something new on the redcarpet, not the typical caucasian hairstyles that have become the norm. I hope she rocks more of these looks as her hair grows!

She looks amazing, love the look from head to toe; her flawless complexion makes me green with envy, & i love her confidence on the redcarpet! :p
    &

• june January 11, 2014 at 10:08 #

i really loved that hair on her, i was really surprised many others didn’t? i thought she looked sleek and chic (and i liked the dress on her as well, it was sexy without being in your face, it was the accessories i didn’t agree with)