23.12.13 Best Of

1. Kim Kardashian in Givenchy – 2013 Met Gala
2. Kristen Stewart in Chanel – Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 Fashion Show
3. Miley Cyrus in NY Vintage – 2013 MTV EMAs
4. Kate Moss in Saint Laurent – ‘CR Fashion Book Issue 2′ Cocktail Party
5. Mollie King in Louis Heal – Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2013
6. Lena Dunham in Prada – 2013 Emmy Awards
7. Rihanna in Adidas Originals x Opening Ceremony – Roberto Cavalli Knightsbridge Boutique
8. Kerry Washington in Prada – ‘Scandal’ Season 3 Premiere
9. Jaimie Alexander in Azzaro – ‘Thor: The Dark World’ LA Premiere
10. Anne Hathaway in Prada – 2013 Oscars

Credit: Getty, INFDaily & FameFlynet

Ahna O'Reilly In Thakoon and Jessica Chastain In Emilio Pucci - Audi Celebrates The Holidays And Snow Polo In Aspen 2013

Ahna O’Reilly In Thakoon and Jessica Chastain In Emilio Pucci – Audi Celebrates The Holidays And Snow Polo In Aspen 2013

Bringing Sexy Back 2013 - Anthony Vaccarello

Bringing Sexy Back 2013 – Anthony Vaccarello

34 Responses to The Red Carpet Looks From 2013 We Didn’t Like

1. Christine December 23, 2013 at 13:42 #

I agree with all choices. I am still laughing at kim. Talk about worst look of the decade.

• Yeliz December 23, 2013 at 23:04 #

LOL, I am still laughing about that look too.

2. Leela December 23, 2013 at 13:42 #

Agree with the list, except I didn’t think Anne’s dress was bad enough to get into the top 10. And Kirsten should have been around #5.

Still can’t believe Kim wore that dress.

• Lil's December 23, 2013 at 13:50 #

I totally agree especially about Anne since there has been worst looks (Beyoncé, Lady Gaga…)

• Serenity December 23, 2013 at 13:53 #

I agree re. Anne. It wasn’t even in the same league as the rest of these looks. Totally agree with Kim as #1; she was my vote for worst. The only other one that I didn’t think was as bad as everyone else was Jaimie. But I do understand why most people hated it. I agree it was OTT and overly revealing, but from a design perspective, I thought it was visually awesome and very well styled.

• H December 23, 2013 at 15:21 #

I agree with you, and I loved Jamie as well, as a guy I think she looked sexy, and I am thankful to her for wearing that awesome look.

• Magdalena December 23, 2013 at 17:46 #

Agree about Anne and Jaimie. Any Rita Ora look would be better suited to this list.

• AnderBoBo December 23, 2013 at 14:31 #

I totally believe Kim would wear literally anything either Kanye or somebody like Riccardo Tisci suggests to her, without question.

• EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2013 at 17:38 #

I agree as well. Kim, Lena, Jaimie, Rihanna…UGH. Kristen just looks frumpy (we’ve seen worse, I think it has more to do with people’s feelings about her) and Anne’s look was dull and rather tragic but again, we’ve seen worse.
      This list is always such fun to gasp over, though! Trashy, hideous, or both!

• molly December 24, 2013 at 03:58 #

Annes wasnt terrible apart from the boobs, but I think everyone hated it because it was a total let down. She went into the Oscars being the only nominee of the night who everyone knew had the award in the bag so it seemed like she would break out her best look ever and it wound up not being anything like what was expected.

3. Alina December 23, 2013 at 13:43 #

My pick was Rihanna, but I agree that all these looks were quite tragic.

4. Anne December 23, 2013 at 13:49 #

I really should have voted for Jaimie Alexander because that was all sorts of horrible and tragic and trashy, but Kim got my vote. And honestly, Ms Stewart’s look was very benign. I think her votes largely came from people’s feelings about the girl. Shame.

• Tatá Monnerat December 23, 2013 at 15:32 #

I agree. The look isn’t great, but it doesn’t make the top ten of the year at all!! People just don’t like her, period, which is a shame…

5. Charlotte December 23, 2013 at 13:49 #

I agree with your choices.
    The worst is Kerry Washington, even if Kim Kardashian and Rihanna’s looks are worst, I don’t except anything else from her, whereas Kerry… we know she can be so great on the red carpet ! It was a huge let down.

• Serenity December 23, 2013 at 13:54 #

True.

• Jess2 December 23, 2013 at 14:27 #

Great point, so true!

6. CNorth December 23, 2013 at 14:14 #

I think Kristen made me look at one of my favorite brands differently, I only like the print on Kim’s dress, the rest is ugly, Miley didn’t need to wear those boots or that dress, I still can’t believe Kerry wore that, The only thing I like on Lena Is the color, everyone else continued this parade.

7. Jess2 December 23, 2013 at 14:28 #

I didn’t think Kristen’s look was worse than many of the looks but they are all disappointing.

• admmgz December 23, 2013 at 22:38 #

8. pipsqueak December 23, 2013 at 15:34 #

This walk of shame is hilarious!

9. Serenity December 23, 2013 at 15:41 #

Interestingly enough, though predictable as well, the only designer on the list more than once, thrice actually, is, of course, Prada. If Miuccia hadn’t designed that amazing dress for Lupita Nyong’o this year, I would’ve suggested she stop with the gowns altogether.

10. Milla B. December 23, 2013 at 15:43 #

I would change Anne Hathaway in Prada for Jennifer Lawrence in Dior (Fall 2013 Couture Front Row) and then this list will be perfectly complete. Anne was a disappointment since we were expecting a amazing Valentino dress, but she didn’t look bad at all.

11. Shifa December 23, 2013 at 15:45 #

I do wish Rita Ora in that awful Chanel look had made it to the list

• Serenity December 23, 2013 at 15:59 #

I wish Rita Ora in that awful (insert any designer she wore in 2013 here) look had made it to the list.

• towanda December 24, 2013 at 20:54 #

LOL serenity i agree

12. Cássia December 23, 2013 at 15:58 #

No words Kristen Stewart, I just can’t believe this outfit is Chanel…

13. Chanel December 23, 2013 at 17:54 #

I don’t see the badness about Rihanna, Kristen Stewart and Kerry Washington.
    Although neither wore their best outfits ever, I still don’t think they deserved to be in the worst of the year list.

14. freja December 23, 2013 at 17:57 #

I don’t think Anne deserves to be top ten at all, it might have been a let down but there are dozens of other looks that could have taken that spot. Miley could have made up a list all of her own for goodness sake.

15. vanillarose December 23, 2013 at 21:41 #

Kim’s look was unbelievably awful. In fact pretty much all of Riccardo Tisci’s looks at the Met Gala were terrible, good thing he made up with Jessica Chastain at Cannes. Kristen’s look wasn’t that bad though, generally it’s her attitude that I think people don’t like. I’m surprised Miley didn’t have more looks, her entire wardrobe was terrible this year.

16. amy December 23, 2013 at 23:59 #

Kim dress was a nightmare. Anne on the other hand doesn’t deserve to be in the list, her look was simple but we’ve seen way worse coming from Rita ora, Gaga, Beyonce and Kesha.
    I’m glad Jaimie aLexander was there. so tacky

17. cherrysoftness December 24, 2013 at 02:45 #

I didn’t have the heart to put Anne in the list since it was her Oscar winning night, but looking at it now, it IS an awfully cheaply-made looking dress. It’s just overwhelmingly sad, with the 90’s styling and pointy nipples and that slab of pink. And I have to disagree about Kirsten making it because of who she is – it’s likely because of who she’s wearing. This was a Chanel event where they presented her as the face of the next campaign. It would have been the best possible time to put her haters into place. Instead she stepped out in this.

18. kelly December 24, 2013 at 20:18 #

I think that was probably the category in which the least effort was put into because it has some of RCFA’s favorite whipping girls. With the exception of a few on the list (Kate Moss, Kerry Washington, and Anne Hathaway), they were intended as attention seeking ensembles and to get people talking about them. Most people know who Jaimie Alexander is now and it isn’t for her acting – thank that dress.

I don’t mind Lena Dunham. I will take her most days over some of the ones who try too hard to look chic that are featured and ohed and awed over by many people like Fan Bingbing and Rita Ora. At least Dunham has some discernable talent that doesn’t involve wearing what her stylist picks out for her for events she’s paid to be at, unlike many of the people featured here.

I don’t really get the dislike for this Anne Hathaway look. It’s more adventurous than what she’s usually wears and was a nice change from Valentino/Armani.

19. Alexandra December 25, 2013 at 01:58 #

the lena dunham prada dress still sends shivers down my spine whenever i think about it

20. tori January 16, 2014 at 23:03 #

Rihanna was out shopping,it was not a red carpet look. I pretty much agree with everything but Kristen’s look wasn’t that horrific at all.