03.09.13

Kerry Washington for Glamour US October 2013

Kerry Washington’s Glamour October Issue Cover-Shoot

I was so excited to see Kerry Washington – my favourite gal – looking beautiful on the cover of the October 2013 issue of Glamour US.

She was shot for the cover by Peggy Sirota wearing the same Dior Resort 2014 dress we’ve seen on Natalie Portman. The Emmy-nominated actress can be seen wearing very Olivia Pope-esque pieces from Dolce & Gabbana, yet more Dior and Louis Vuitton.

Kerry had much to talk about with the mag, what with her keeping her relationship with Nnamdi Asomugha a secret until they announced they were married, her hit show ‘Scandal’, which has all of America – and me here in London – hooked, and how she keeps her personal life private.

You can pick up this October issue when it hits newsstands September 10, or download the digital issue right now.

On her secret marriage to Nnamdi Asomugha: “I’m walking around in the world with my ring. And when people say congratulations, I say thank you. But I’m going to continue to not talk about it and just let it unfold. I don’t want to sound smug about it… but the point is to do what’s best for me. I have girlfriends in this business who talk about their personal lives, and it works for them, and I love it. But not for me.”

On what is in Olivia Pope’s handbag: “Usually folders, pens, the phone on the show, and often a bottle of water to add a nice weight to the bag. And some panties in one episode!”

On keeping her personal life private: “I learned through experience that it doesn’t work for me to talk about my personal life. I’ve had earlier times in my career when I did talk about it. I was on the cover of a bridal magazine. But I couldn’t just turn around and say, ‘I only want to talk about the good stuff, but not the bad stuff.’ So I just thought, ‘OK, no more.’”

Credit: Peggy Sirota for Glamour US

Rihanna In adidas Originals x Jeremy Scott -  Out In New York City

Rihanna In adidas Originals x Jeremy Scott – Out In New York City

Lou Doillon In Saint Laurent - Deauville American Film Festival

Lou Doillon In Saint Laurent – Deauville American Film Festival

10 Responses to Kerry Washington for Glamour US October 2013

1. Alina September 3, 2013 at 18:25 #

I love her! I seriously do. She’s beautiful, talented and grounded.

2. dee September 3, 2013 at 19:25 #

Kerry is my girl. Love the photos.

3. Prudence September 3, 2013 at 20:05 #

I will be purchasing Glamour for the very first time because I adore her!!!

4. CreoleLady September 3, 2013 at 20:16 #

Wow! That cover is the epitome of glamour. The colors are glorious and I love her “smize”, that twinkle in her eyes.This is a woman at the top of her game. Love that she is getting some (long overdue) covers.

• julyol1972 September 3, 2013 at 21:00 #

Amen! Tyra would be pleased, Kerry! I’ve long wondered why someone as talented and gorgeous as Kerry, who obviously loves fashion, never got the covers she deserved. Nice to see she’s had a few this year – long may the trend continue.

Love the clothes in the layout. I like that one of the outfits is in the same vein as her Olivia character. I could totally Ms. Pope wearing that entire outfit on the plane steps.

5. KatieKate September 4, 2013 at 02:34 #

I find this to be a MUCH better cover than we’ve been seeing lately. It certainly seems that far less Photoshop has been used, thank God for small miracles… And I’m so glad b/c Kerry is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful just the way she is–no airbrushing, no filters necessary!

6. Prudence September 4, 2013 at 02:47 #

she is also covering Flare magazine yall !

7. beta September 4, 2013 at 09:38 #

+1 love her! She’s smart, hard working and talented. And of course gorgeous. My ggirlcrush. I read at Lainey that she has another cover in FLARE magazine with great styling
    so congrats to Kerry! Glad she’s having such a great September

8. manja September 4, 2013 at 09:57 #

stunning gorgeous woman,love all the photos

9. TeaAtTwo September 5, 2013 at 03:55 #

I hope a Vogue cover is next.