01.06.13

Media Room At "Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live" Concert

Salma Hayek, Frida Giannini and Beyonce Knowles, the founding committee for Chime For Change, a global campaign for girls’ and women’s empowerment, attended a photocall earlier today ahead of the ‘Chime For Change: The Sound of Change Live’ Concert at Twickenham Stadium in London.

Salma Hayek: The actress wore a petrol-blue leather Gucci V-neck belted dress with black studded Gucci platform sandals that added an edge to her sexy look.

Frida Giannini: Gucci’s creative director added some sparkle to the proceedings wearing an all-black Gucci Pre-Fall 2013 shimmering relax-fit suit.

Beyonce Knowles: The singer, who is headlining the event, was also in head-to-toe Gucci wearing a long sleeve gold-and-silver sequin dress paired with silver peep-toe ankle boots. I have never been a fan of Beyonce with this platinum shade of blonde, and the lip colour is way too dark for my liking.

Credit: Getty

Samantha Barks In Antonio Berardi - Investec Derby Festival

Samantha Barks In Antonio Berardi – Investec Derby Festival

Blake Lively, Freida Pinto, Jessica Chastain and More In Gucci - ‘Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live’ Concert

Blake Lively, Freida Pinto, Jessica Chastain and More In Gucci – ‘Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live’ Concert

22 Responses to Salma Hayek, Frida Giannini & Beyonce Knowles – ‘Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live’ Concert

1. amy June 1, 2013 at 21:08 #

I like Salma’s outfit. As usual Bey is too much

• Prudence June 2, 2013 at 03:56 #

agreed, bey is a hot mess to me. that girl needs to get her hair done asap these roots are killing me. Also, she needs a new stylist I swear things are getting worst when it comes to her style. She looks cheap in fact, very heidi klum in versace.

• Beta June 3, 2013 at 10:41 #

+1 Bey is giving Rita Ora vibes… not good :P

2. Christine June 1, 2013 at 21:12 #

That hair color on Beyonce is fighting for attention.Between the shining unflattering dress and fug shoes, it’s hard to focus on one thing.

I like Salma’s out fit the best from the 3.

3. justme June 1, 2013 at 21:32 #

Amazing cause, terrible outfits.

Salma’s shoes are pretty but the rest of her look is forgettable at best.
    Frida’s suit is unflattering. I can appreciate the relaxed vibe she was aiming for but this is just shapeless.
    As for Beyoncé, while I actually love that dark lipstick, it’s a pure mess from the neck down.

Thumbs down all around :(

• Alina June 2, 2013 at 08:00 #

DITTO.

• Ariel June 3, 2013 at 11:35 #

I agree, they look tacky and cheap.

4. Yeliz June 1, 2013 at 21:34 #

I don’t really love any look, but Salma is the best of the three. Beyonce reminds me of Rita Ora with that hair and that lip colour.

5. Kathy June 1, 2013 at 21:39 #

Wow, I’m seriously underwhelmed. Salma looks fine, but all three women can do SO much better. Frida’s suit is terribly unflattering and widens her hips. Beyonce’s dress is too short and just shapeless. I agree about the hair and lip color. All wrong.

BTW thank you for updating over the weekend FC! It’s such a treat and it brightens my day.

• Catherine Kallon June 1, 2013 at 22:16 #

my pleasure…I think I will do this more often. It was just a trial run for this weekend, but so many of you have responded, so there is clearly a need for weekend blogging.

• Christine June 1, 2013 at 22:19 #

Seriously, we appreciate you taking the time to update on the weekend! Thanks love xoxoxo

• AnderBoBo June 1, 2013 at 22:51 #

Yes many thanks for giving us a weekend fashion fix!!!

6. KatieKate June 1, 2013 at 21:52 #

I had not given much thought to the rumors about whether or not Beyonce is pregnant. However, this dress choice definitely causes me to wonder. Not that it actually shows anything, but that’s the point; she is typically a huge fan of showing off what she’s got. This speaks volumes, IMO….

• Molly June 2, 2013 at 13:22 #

I thought the same thing, but I think it is just a bad dress and a poor choice. Look up a few posts to her performance outfit — that is not a woman trying to hide anything!

• KatieKate June 3, 2013 at 01:48 #

You’re so right! Apparently my sleuthing skills are lacking!

7. Tudor Pop June 1, 2013 at 22:22 #

Frida was wearing resort 2014 actually!

8. Papiki June 2, 2013 at 02:47 #

All three are Zzzzzzzzzzzz! I wanna like Beyonce’s look, but I’m distracted by the stupid shoes, dramatic makeup and bleached hair! I kinda like the dress! Salma as usual, is uninspired! Frida is having a bad day, I guess!

9. Noemi June 2, 2013 at 09:35 #

I would say that Salma Hayek is the less worst.

10. Molly June 2, 2013 at 13:24 #

I think Salma looks amazing, not just “best of these three.” Casual and not overdone, but completely stunning. And well suited to her body and style.

11. Marta June 2, 2013 at 14:41 #

Beyonce looks like Rita Ora what for means cheap and tacky. She can do sooo much better!

12. TeaAtTwo June 2, 2013 at 21:59 #

Beyonce fried blonde weave pretty much spoils most of her looks, which always feel tainted by Tina Knowles’ influence.

13. EmmaWoodhouse June 11, 2013 at 14:26 #

Would like Salma’s look with a higher neckline, but it’s nothing amazing. The other two are a mess, especially Beyonce.