Milla Jovovich In Chanel Couture – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Milla Jovovich In Chanel Couture - 'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Milla Jovovich is the one red carpet sighting we have all been waiting for.

The model/actress and L’Oreal spokesperson always delivers during Cannes Film Festival and tonight was no exception.

She looked divine, rocking a red, white and black Chanel Spring 2013 Couture floral sequin gown with Swarovski jewels and a black leather Chanel clutch to the premiere of ‘Blood Ties’ held at the Palais des Festivals in France.

Many of you didn’t like the lighter-coloured version Anna Wintour wore to the Met Gala, referring to the look as Granny Chic, but Milla oozes It-girl cool in her creation, especially when styled with heavily kohl-rimmed eyes and a shaggy bobbed hairstyle.

I don’t think removing the red belt lessens the effect of this stunning look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rooney Mara In Vera Wang - ‘For The Love Of Cinema’ Event

Rooney Mara In Vera Wang – ‘For The Love Of Cinema’ Event

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior -  'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

35 Responses to Milla Jovovich In Chanel Couture – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. MatBer May 20, 2013 at 18:23 #

So this is really elegant and refined … not like Aishwarya Rai in some Elie Saab (looking like a sparkling Morticia Addams overweight!)

2. Nat39 May 20, 2013 at 18:24 #

I´m not missing the belt at all – the print flows so smoothly I wouldn´t wanna interrupt it, the silhouette is beautiful with Milla´s stature, she pulls off this look magnificently.

• MatBer May 20, 2013 at 18:28 #

It is not a print, it is all hand-made embroidery! It is haute couture! Look at the details in the other pictures! This is why it flows smoothly!

• Nat39 May 20, 2013 at 18:32 #

ok embroidery…beautiful

3. Maria S. May 20, 2013 at 18:24 #

Wow, Milla really does justice to Chanel. I’m loving the nude lips too.

4. dee May 20, 2013 at 18:27 #

I am not crazy about her hairdo but other than that she looks great.

5. Amy May 20, 2013 at 18:27 #

This is flawless. The makeup is even perfect for this look.

6. Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 18:33 #

I think this gown is very aging, I liked it on Anna, it suited her, but I can’t love it on Milla. I’m disappointed, I thought that she’ll wow me at Cannes, but that’s not the case. From the neck up, she looks beautiful.

• Alina May 20, 2013 at 18:47 #

• Angie May 20, 2013 at 19:04 #

+2 I’m not impressed at all.

7. Rashmi May 20, 2013 at 18:39 #

She looks good, but not wow. However, she has managed to make the look really likable! Love fer for that

8. Mol May 20, 2013 at 18:46 #

Gorgeous, and as MatBer says, the detail shots really show how gorgeous the gown really is – one of my favorites of the festival.

• MatBer May 20, 2013 at 19:19 #

:-)

9. delhi_fashionista May 20, 2013 at 18:49 #

This is the worst red carpet look this year at Cannes. Even if it has embroidery , it lools like a stupid floral design. The kohl rimmed eyes are her only saving grace.

10. kane May 20, 2013 at 18:52 #

Oooh, I love this, she looks gorgeous!

11. Christine May 20, 2013 at 18:55 #

She is working this look! BDOTW worthy!!! Loving it!!

12. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 19:04 #

I think the dress would have worked better with the belt to break up the print a bit. Not a fan of the bangs.

• MatBer May 20, 2013 at 19:28 #

Milla is tall, but not as tall as the model, Aymeline Valade. The belt would have shortened her figure.

And again, it is not a print. It is hand-made embroidery. If you look at the details shot carefully, you will notice that it is not a fabric and the pattern is not regular as a print.

• Moxie May 20, 2013 at 19:34 #

You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

As for print vs. embroidered, I was simply referring to the pattern, not the method with which it was applied to the fabric.

13. delhi_fashionista May 20, 2013 at 19:12 #

This is not expected from Mila or any other actress at an international platform like Cannes. This gown fails to wow. The white portion just destroys the look of this gown. Kohl rimmed eyes are the only saving grace,

14. Papiki May 20, 2013 at 19:40 #

I think I’m in love!

15. Marybeth May 20, 2013 at 19:42 #

This is great! I don’t think I’ve ever seen Milla in something quite like this. She’s carrying it off beautifully.

I like the sultry eyes and hair, which offset the demure quality of the dress.

16. Rebecca Z May 20, 2013 at 20:22 #

I love this site for so many reasons but one is the extreme differences of opinion that are so frequent–like this one. It is a gorgeous dress, in my opinion–and I too miss the red belt–even though it might have shortened the impact of the gown. I think Mila is so thin that she could have made the belt work even tho she isn’t as tall as the model. The pattern itself is kind of prosaic, but in this medium it is spectacular. I like the whimsy of this dress, white yoke and all.

• CreoleLady May 21, 2013 at 00:06 #

+1 on all points. I love this look.

17. Prudence May 20, 2013 at 21:38 #

this is nice, but not amazing. Cannes has been soooo sooo disappointing.

18. Aline May 20, 2013 at 22:19 #

I’m in love with her hair and makeup. The styling is also pretty on point. That clutch is a must-have. As for the dress, I think I like it better when looked from afar than from up close, even though the embroidering is perfectly done.

All in all, it’s not the kind of gown that suits my taste but her perfect styling and attitude owns me over.

19. Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 22:44 #

This is quite lovely, and don’t the miss the belt at all. Very elegant, and different.

20. Alicat May 21, 2013 at 00:57 #

I guess it is my own personal taste which makes me dislike the gown. Whether embroidery or print, it is another busy floral pattern which overwhelms. The rock chick makeup jars with the dress. Together with the heavy bangs, she looks like she’s taking inspiration from Chrissy Hynde of The Pretenders.

21. Jeremy May 21, 2013 at 03:41 #

I totally thought she was that painfully skinny British chic – can’t think of her name right now, she is a fashion blogger or tv personality or something maybe, always on this site wearing poorly-sized clothes. Skin-n-bones. lol.

anyway, i love Milla, but this look isn’t doing her any favours.

• Alicat May 21, 2013 at 08:47 #

Alexa Chung???

• Denise May 21, 2013 at 09:30 #

!!!! I thought it was Alexa at first, too!! What an unexpected look from Mila. I love it !

• Jeremy May 22, 2013 at 15:07 #

YES! that’s her!

22. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 04:42 #

Definitely one of my favorite looks form the collection–I’ve been waiting for someone to wear it! Very excited. Milla is gorgeous, and sometimes doesn’t wear flattering things, but this emphasizes her svelte figure. I would have kept the belt, but otherwise it’s awesome–the messy bob and dramatic makeup work perfectly with the look.

23. isik5 May 21, 2013 at 12:56 #