Marion Cotillard In Antonio Berardi - 'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Marion Cotillard made her second red carpet appearance during Cannes Film Festival this afternoon attending the photocall for her latest movie, ‘Blood Ties’.

While she is almost certain to wear Dior this evening for the movie’s premiere, she opted to showcase another designer – Antonio Berardi – on this occasion by selecting a look from the designer’s Fall 2013 collection.

Her teal mini dress, worn without the layered runway skirt, doesn’t leave her exposed, unlike Kesha at the Billboard Music Awards last night.

While you might think Marion’s look is plain from the front, just take a gander at the back; the frock features an embroidered panel.

Nude pointy pumps and a simple side-parted ‘do completed her daytime chic look.

Have you already selected her Dior frock for tonight, or are you hopeful she will wear another designer?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zhang Ziyi In Valentino Couture - ‘Un Certain Regard’ Jury Dinner

Zhang Ziyi In Valentino Couture – ‘Un Certain Regard’ Jury Dinner

Zoe Saldana In Emanuel Ungaro - 'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Zoe Saldana In Emanuel Ungaro – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

25 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Antonio Berardi – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. e May 20, 2013 at 14:55 #

I love her hair here!

2. Christine May 20, 2013 at 14:56 #

The back is exquisite. I like that she is stepping outside the Dior box. She looks so cute here.

3. Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 15:00 #

The dress is too short on her, I prefer the way how it looks on the model. The back of the dress is interesting.

Actually I hope that she’ll wear Dior tonight. We saw what happened when she wore another designer the last time (Vivienne Westwood). I hope she’ll wear Look 34 from the SS13 Couture collection. I’m waiting since forever to see that gown on the red carpet.

• kane May 20, 2013 at 15:13 #

I second that hope, that would be amazing!

As for this dress, it’s okay, but I prefer the longer version, it gives the dress more structure.

4. MaddyEliza May 20, 2013 at 15:02 #

Her hair looks so beautiful and she looks radiant! I wish she had worn the layered skirt, though–the dress looks a little awkward without it in my opinion.

I seriously hope she wears a different designer than Dior tonight. We’ve seen WAY too much Dior at this festival and honestly I’m sick of it. :( All the looks are the same and none of them even come close to having any sort of wow factor. I want to see Marion in something totally different–Elie Saab or Marchesa, or Carolina Herrera, or maybe even Armani Prive… :)

• dee May 20, 2013 at 17:28 #

I completely agree. Please no more Dior.

• Pruden May 20, 2013 at 18:33 #

100% agree
      This is her first cannes look I actually enjoy and its because it is not dior. I would love to see her in Elie Saab or Armani as well!

5. Elaine2 May 20, 2013 at 15:08 #

I think this dress looks wide, I much prefer it with the runway skirt.

6. Alicat May 20, 2013 at 15:08 #

She looks so young and fresh here. In am loving her hair and makeup. The dress is short, but with those perfect legs why not? The embellished panel on the back elevates the look further.

7. Caterina May 20, 2013 at 15:09 #

With the sun back in Cannes, I’m glad she opted for this pretty little dress! I can’t wait to see Marion and Zoe on the red carpet tonight. I’m sure they gonna kill it !

8. k6wing May 20, 2013 at 15:20 #

I like it, but it’s a bit too loose on the waist area. Anyways, Marion looks stunning as always!

9. Marybeth May 20, 2013 at 15:22 #

I love this!
    Yes, it’s dangerously short but for a stand-up photocall it’s fine. The neckline, the conservative shoes, and the simple styling keep it from looking even the least bit trashy.

10. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 15:32 #

Love the hair and makeup. The color of the dress is great, but the shape makes her look boxy. The back is very interesting… more so than the front

11. gabis May 20, 2013 at 15:39 #

What an unflattering dress. Too boxy and too short for her. I love the hue but not even the great colour or Marion’s natural beauty can save this look. The nude pumps are a blah addition. A colourful shoe could’ve made me care for this look but without it I just couldn’t care less.
    Hair and makeup are the only things I like here.
    For tonight, I know she’ll wear another Dior but I wish she wouldn’t. I’m tired of seeing her wearing Dior all the time.

• gabis May 20, 2013 at 15:41 #

Specially considering they don’t even give her the best pieces.

• gabis May 20, 2013 at 15:44 #

Especially considering they don’t even give her the best pieces.

12. dee May 20, 2013 at 16:32 #

I only like the back of the dress. The dress itself does not flatter her figure. It makes her appear wider.

• Neli May 20, 2013 at 16:51 #

+ 1

13. Jess2 May 20, 2013 at 16:52 #

This is so dangerously close to being far too short, I do love this. Her hair and makeup is pure perfection.

14. Tati M May 20, 2013 at 17:31 #

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!
    I LOVE the embellished detail on the back

15. sanya May 20, 2013 at 18:04 #

I am also tired of seeing her all the time in Dior. Hope she won’t go for look 13 of the Fall 2013 collection. Maybe look 40 would look nice on her.

16. sanya May 20, 2013 at 18:21 #

I am also tired of seeing her in Dior all the time. The magic has disappeared. I think she will go for Fall 2013 collection this evening, but I hope she will skip short designs like look 13. That doesn’t do justice to her body. However look 40 could be interesting to see, especially in some other color, although that is not a real gown :)

17. justme May 20, 2013 at 18:41 #

This is boring as all hell, even with the embroidered back.
    The only thing I like here is her hair.

18. Amy May 20, 2013 at 18:49 #

The back saves that dress. It’s also too short. About the night I really want her to wear something else than Dior but sadly I don’t think she will. I’m so bored by Dior I can’t even tell. Their pieces are always nice and polished but have no wow factor, they are never unforgettable.

19. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 03:01 #

I like the back panel. I liked the length and style on the model; it’s too short and shapeless here.