Lena Dunham In Saint Laurent – 2013 Time 100 Gala

Lena Dunham In Saint Laurent - 2013 Time 100 Gala

Lena Dunham attended the 2013 Time 100 Gala held at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City yesterday evening.

The Saint Laurent Fall 2013 collection wasn’t very well received. You even hated Kate Moss in a look from this collection, so I don’t have high hopes of you loving this look worn by Lena.

Lena is very talented, but when it comes to red carpet dressing we are usually baffled by her choices; this is one of those many occasions.

The gold shimmering tutu dress with a plunging neckline and silver spiked waistband is something I would expect Sarah Hyland or Ariel Winter to wear. Lena is too mature for this style of dress, plus the dress is very unflattering.

I am baffled that this continues to be her go-to look.

Her black Saint Laurent T-bar heels are the only thing I actually like about his look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

34 Comments
Tong Liya In Valentino - 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Tong Liya In Valentino – 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Zhou Dong Yu In Giambattista Valli Couture - 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Zhou Dong Yu In Giambattista Valli Couture – 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

34 Responses to Lena Dunham In Saint Laurent – 2013 Time 100 Gala

1. Fiona April 24, 2013 at 12:49 #

Words fail…

2. Mary April 24, 2013 at 12:52 #

This is awful …

3. Anne April 24, 2013 at 12:59 #

I just cannot….

4. Alicat April 24, 2013 at 12:59 #

Words do not fail me!!! She has no innate sense of style, and if she is going to be a regular red carpet presence she needs the advice of a professional stylist. The cut is totally unflattering on her body shape and the flared skirt makes her look huge across the beam and thick waisted. The colour washes her out. The plunging neckline does not flatter. The shoe choice is so wrong for the dress. Her hair is flat and uninteresting. Have I left anything out? It is ok to be different and follow your own star, but you do not want to look foolish in the process.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2013 at 13:03 #

+1000000000
      This is one of her worst looks ever. It could be more unflattering. It makes her look twice her size! Totally agree to all your other comments. I’d add that the placement of the belt/waistline makes her waist point strangely downward. Another WDOTY contender.

• T from Sydney April 24, 2013 at 13:47 #

Anything she wears this year will automatically go in to the WDOTY poll

• Denise April 24, 2013 at 13:11 #

+1. It’s a shame… Such a talented person. Why does she find it so hard to dress herself in a flattering way ?

• Rebecca Z April 24, 2013 at 16:15 #

Good analysis. She does need help dressing herself in a way that emphasizes her assets and draws attention away from her deficits–after all, with few exceptions we all have some. Her choices seem sadly seem to do the opposite. She once described the sex scenes in “Girls” as cringy–I find her red carpet appearances to fall into the same category.

5. JJ April 24, 2013 at 13:00 #

No. Just no. It seems she intentionally picks out the dresses that don’t flatter her.

6. Lashae April 24, 2013 at 13:09 #

The only good thing about this look as been said before are her shoes but that’s about it.

7. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 13:12 #

I don’t like anything about this look. It’s just bad.

8. dee April 24, 2013 at 13:30 #

This dress is so unflattering on her and the shoes don’t go with the dress.

9. justme April 24, 2013 at 13:36 #

I’m not a fan of Lena/her humor so her red carpet misadventures give me great joy x)

• Rashmi April 24, 2013 at 14:10 #

LOL, thats pure evil ! :D

• EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2013 at 16:47 #

LOL LOVE it.

• JJ (Dress Me 4 Less) April 24, 2013 at 22:55 #

Hee hee. Agree.

• Chivonne April 25, 2013 at 13:28 #

*evil chuckle* – totally agree!!!

• Noemi April 25, 2013 at 15:22 #

LOL! Honestly, I watch Girls one in a while and I don’t get all the fuss. I one read “the beautiful and curvy Lena Dunham…”. Ahhh, politically correctness, such a nonsense thing, sometimes ;-)

10. Lea April 24, 2013 at 14:35 #

This is a disaster,

She looks like a clown and not the good one.

The woman can’t dress

11. Christine April 24, 2013 at 14:36 #

Another fail look.

12. TeaAtTwo April 24, 2013 at 15:10 #

Awful, it makes the bottom half of her look enormous. She just strikes me as a t-shirt and casual pants woman. Leave this dress to Christa B. Allen or Holland Roden. Though this collection wasn’t good.

13. Petra April 24, 2013 at 15:33 #

She looks like a washed-out ice skater.

14. Noemi April 24, 2013 at 16:55 #

Ok, she’s talented but has no sense of style, at all. Plus, let’s be honest, this dress must be worn by a thin girl. I wonder what Hedi Slimane thought when she saw her wearing this…

• ahot April 24, 2013 at 17:26 #

ita! Someone got sacked because of this lol!
      The real crime is how in the world she ever got her hands on this etheral creation in the first place. Her Sales Advisor must hate her (sense of humour) like many others do.

15. moja31 April 24, 2013 at 17:24 #

ugh, her hipster shtick would be better left at home when she hits the red carpet. she looks awful.

16. dunzoo April 24, 2013 at 17:59 #

my eyes !! my eyes !!! seriously, what was she thinking ?? WDOTW-worthy.

17. Kathy April 24, 2013 at 18:31 #

This may sound insensitive, but it’s not that hard to dress someone, even a girl of Lena’s stature! You’d have to TRY to contunously put together look after look that are this unflattering. Most people are hit-and-miss at worst, but Lena seems to be on a mission to top every worst dressed list possible. The color is awful on her (the dress also needed something extra, such as stockings or a jacket, because it’s very bland on its own), her hair isn’t right, her shoes are completely out of context, she’s slouching as always…UGH! There isn’t one minute detail I can find that I like. That’s a first.

18. Joy April 24, 2013 at 20:12 #

Poor thing! It is a horrible choice for her, but it is not particularly attractive on the emancipated model either.

19. Dhppy April 24, 2013 at 21:35 #

One of these days, I’m going to look at her on the red carpet and sigh out of joy instead of dispair. It will happen someday. It has to.

20. Laura April 25, 2013 at 03:28 #

Oh someone is giving Lena the worst advice. I feel bad for her.

21. Amy April 26, 2013 at 11:56 #

I love the silhouette of this dress on the runway and feel that Lena’s look could have been a success if the dress had been tailored to fit her. I also think the shoes did not compliment the dress or her figure. Some great Charlotte Olympia’s would have given this outfit a quirky edge just like Lena’s personality.

22. Marko_M April 26, 2013 at 17:27 #

I’m probably one of her biggest fans, but her RC looks are just horrifying.

23. adrian April 26, 2013 at 22:02 #

Octavia Spencer, Queen Latifah, Kate Winslet … all examples of dressing normal, fuller bodies. Just takes effort and attention. If she put half the effort into styling as she does in crafting a sickeningly good show we’d have much better trips tot he red carpet.