08.03.13

Pace Wu’s Fall 2013 Paris Fashion Week

Pace Wu PFW1

She did it again: Pace Wu was the Queen of Paris Fashion Week. This time she took in twelve shows giving twelve amazing front row looks.

Long may she reign.

Carven: She started off her fashionable week last Thursday at the Carven Fall 2013 presentation dressed in a summery organza cut-out embroidered dress from the Spring 2013 collection. Giving the pretty frock an edge, she styled the look with an interesting black clutch, which mimics the design on her dress, and open-toe lace booties.

Lanvin: Even though she looks divine, this chartreuse asymmetrical mini dress with a black bow on the shoulder from the Spring 2013 collection, which she styled with the same Lanvin ‘Arpege’ minaudiere the model carried on the runway, was my least favourite, as I’m not so crazy about the colour.

Viktor & Rolf: I adore this chic blue satin gown with a bow accent from the Viktor & Rolf Spring 2013 collection, but I wish she hadn’t opted for the white blazer as I’m curious to see the whole look, which differed from the gown which took to the runway. She styled her look with her favourite Jimmy Choo ‘Greta’ ankle-strap platform peep-toes and a pink clutch.

Pace Wu PFW2

Loewe: On Saturday night, she vamped things up wearing a Loewe Spring 2013 laser-cut leather dress with a sheer back and hemline. Simple nude pumps and a Loewe black-and-pink-trimmed clutch completed her gorgeous look.

Chloe: Last season, your favourite Pace Wu look was from the Chloe show. This season, she strikes another high note in an white-and-ivory look from the Spring 2013 collection. Her Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals perfectly complement the silver embellished details on her top, which has a peek-a-boo sheer panel at the waist. A selection of PVC clear bracelets, a Chloe clutch and a messy bun completed this look.

Givenchy: On Sunday night, her white asymmetrical Givenchy Resort 2013 dress was totally upstaged by her Givenchy Resort 2013 black-and-white open-toe knee-high lace-up boots. I can’t say I love the boots – the ankle boots are better and less aggressive – but she makes them work by keeping the rest of her look relatively simple.

Pace Wu PFW3

Stella McCartney: The next morning, she was up bright and early for the 9am Stella McCartney show, showing off her lean legs in a metallic-black diamond-print peplum blouse and matching shorts from the Pre-Fall 2013 collection. I love the addition of the Stella McCartney orange faux-python clutch and her Christian Louboutin ‘Duvette’ pumps.

Giambattista Valli: What’s not to love about her pretty ivory-and-red GBV Spring 2013 look? Especially when paired with red Christian Louboutin ‘Un Bout’ pumps and an adorable pink Chanel clutch. LOVE.

Valentino: Was Pace Wu slightly overdressed for a Tuesday afternoon show? Yes, but she looks heavenly wearing a pink lace puff-sleeved Valentino Spring 2013 gown. I’m not a fan of the pink satin embellished clutch, though. It’s so harsh against her delicate look.

Pace Wu PFW4

Shiatzy Chen: Showed off her best feature again, her legs, the Asian beauty wore a bright-yellow satin short set look for her next front row appearance. Her love for pink clutches continues here, with a pair of metallic-pink Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ sandals completing her colourful, fashion-forward look.

Louis Vuitton: Instead of opting for a chequered look from the brand’s Spring 2013 collection like Fan Bingbing, Pace Wu wore a printed Resort 2013 dress. The look doesn’t have the pizzazz of the others, plus the styling ages her somewhat.

Elie Saab: The 12th and final show for Pace Wu was at the house of glamour, Elie Saab. Leaving us green with envy, the actress wore a head-to-toe lime-green look featuring an Elie Saab beaded dress with a gold hardware clutch and Elie Saab wedges.

There is a lot of good stuff going on here, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you can’t pick one favourite look.

Credit: Getty & Sina

Solange Knowles In Max Mara - Coachella Music Festival Performance

Solange Knowles In Max Mara – Coachella Music Festival Performance

Ashanti In Balmain & Givenchy - MTV Studios

Ashanti In Balmain & Givenchy – MTV Studios

33 Responses to Pace Wu’s Fall 2013 Paris Fashion Week

1. noo March 8, 2013 at 13:26 #

i love the carven and the valentino!

2. Agathe March 8, 2013 at 13:27 #

So what’s your favourite, FC?
    I love Gianbatista Valli (BDOTW-worthy) and Chloé.

• Catherine Kallon March 8, 2013 at 14:30 #

The Stella, the Valli and Valentino…I think…I keep changing my mind :D

• Cass March 9, 2013 at 03:45 #

Difficult to pick as she looks like she is having so much fun with fashion, but those would be my top 3 as well.

3. Anne March 8, 2013 at 13:30 #

She breaths fresh air into that Valentino (totally agreed it’s OTT for that event, but wow), and looks like a porcelain doll. But, my favorite has to go to the Stella McCartney. It’s funky & youthful. Love the styling

4. justme March 8, 2013 at 13:42 #

There are indeed loads of good stuff here.

Last year, she made my BDOTY list with her Chloé look. I’m pretty sure she’ll have a spot in 2013 as well. That Valentino shot is breathtaking.

5. Rashmi March 8, 2013 at 13:56 #

WHATS NOT TO LOVE HERE !!!

Oh God, isn’t she just WOW. The third row is my favorite!

Ok, I can’t stop looking at the Valentino and the Giambattista Valli look.

Please make her attend all shows in the future too :D

6. Nat March 8, 2013 at 14:15 #

Lots of good ones but also lots of bland ones. Plus, many looks don’t seem very weather appropriate.

My favourite is BY FAR the Giambattista Valli. Perfect.
    I love the Elie dress, but it’s a terrible colour for her and I hate those shoes.
    The Givenchy boots are the most hideous thing here. It looks like she broke her legs or something.

7. Louise March 8, 2013 at 14:44 #

Damn she’s so pretty! There’s a lot of looks I really love, some not so much but overall I really like her.

8. Joy March 8, 2013 at 14:56 #

I’ve gotta admit, I’m a little bit jealous that she not only got to be a special guest at all these great shows, but she also got to wear such beautiful and fun outfits. She is absolutely beautiful in all of them. The Giambattista Valli would have to be my fav, if I had to choose. Also,I love the Valentino gown, love the orangey pink tones with the antique lace. Gorgeous!! The Givenchy was my least favorite. The dress is not the best and those boots are horrible. That whole thing is so unflattering, yet she is so beautiful she pulls it off as much as possible.

9. Christine March 8, 2013 at 15:05 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE. She was the best dressed by far at PFW.

My favorites in order

1.Giambattista Valli
    2.Valentino
    3.Loewe
    4.Stella McCartney.

10. Alina March 8, 2013 at 15:10 #

The third row – LOVE!!!

11. EmmaWoodhouse March 8, 2013 at 15:15 #

There were a few looks I didn’t like, but the rest is AWESOMENESS! Favorites are…
    1. Valentino
    2. Elie Saab
    3. GBV
    4. Louis Vuitton
    5. Viktor and Rolf
    The rest I had some issues with, but those five looks are BDOTW worthy!!!

12. dee March 8, 2013 at 15:39 #

Love the Carven minus the boots. Love the Viktor and Rolf minus the jacket, and love the Giambattista Valli look.

13. Rebecca Z March 8, 2013 at 15:51 #

I like the Lanvin best–I love the color and the dress is exquisite. My send best is the Stella–odd because I am not usually a fan of the shorts thing, but this look is chic and adorable all at the same time.

• Rebecca Z March 8, 2013 at 15:53 #

That should be second best…

14. kiwi March 8, 2013 at 16:34 #

GV, valentino and S chen in that order

15. pipsqueak March 8, 2013 at 16:43 #

Perfection! Pace is sort of like the Taiwanese equivalent of Leigh Lezark and Alexa Chung – former models turned fashion show/party fixture, except her resume doesn’t include DJ, which is more an American/British culture thing. Not sure what kind of family she’s from (unlike Poppy Delevigne) or what exactly her job is (“multi-talented”), but she intrigues people b/c of her model figure and eye-catching style.

16. pris March 8, 2013 at 17:40 #

i can’t decide between carven, viktor & rolf, loewe and chloe. they’re all so interesting!

17. Tina March 8, 2013 at 18:14 #

I adore the third row with the Stella, Valli, and Valentino! If I had to choose it would have to be the Valli. FANTASTIC perfection.

18. Nat39 March 8, 2013 at 18:23 #

3rd row is the best, leaning towards G.Valli and editorial-like Valentino, don’t mind the clutch).

1st row – would’ve liked Carven but the accessories (although interesting) are way too rough and heavy for it and totally weigh down and upstage this very light delicate summery dress.

In the 2nd row I’d choose Loewe. Her Gyvenchy is completely ruined by those boots which look like ugly printed leg casts.

Not interested in the bottom row.

• Nat39 March 8, 2013 at 18:26 #

if I had to pick just one, I’d go with Valentino – she is mesmerizing in it.

19. Luis March 8, 2013 at 18:27 #

Stella McCartney for sure!

20. Yeliz March 8, 2013 at 19:09 #

My favourite is her Valentino look, I don’t care if she’s overdressed, she looks flawless. I also love her Giambattista Valli, Stella McCartney and Loewe looks.

21. anjos March 8, 2013 at 19:56 #

Wow. She sure knows how to have fun with fashion.

I quite like the fun Stella McCartney look.

22. Kiran March 8, 2013 at 21:34 #

Personally, I loved every look presented at Pace’s Fashion Week.

23. Aline March 8, 2013 at 21:43 #

There are a few that I REALLY don’t like, but the other ones I LOOOOVE!

My favs in order:

1. Valentino
    2. Giambatista Valli
    3. Shiatzy Chen
    4. Loewe
    5. Carven
    6. Stella McCartney
    7. Louis Vuitton

The Elie Saab one stays in a limbo of sorts. I don’t hate it, but even though the styling is pretty good I think that shade of green is not her color at all.

24. Emma March 9, 2013 at 04:06 #

Oh my goodness – she is SO beautiful!

25. joseph john March 9, 2013 at 05:49 #

i love her !!!! she has been pretty consistent in these outings and her earlier showings. . I am definitely getting an excitement to see her outfits then Fan B as she has not been great off late. .Buckle up Fan B.

26. Del March 10, 2013 at 00:01 #

My favorites:

1. Elie Saab
    2. Lanvin
    3. Giambatista
    4. Lowe
    5. Craven

27. Prudence March 10, 2013 at 00:34 #

NOT A SINGLE BLACK PUMP, SHE DESERVES AN AWARD FOR THAT ALONE!

28. Beta March 11, 2013 at 09:54 #

first, she’s drop dead gorgeous,
    second, I LOVE her Loewe, Lanvin and G.Valli looks!

29. d March 11, 2013 at 17:51 #

the only one i dont like is the Givenchy (because of the boots). she is so much more consistant than fan bingbing (hit or a miss, recently more miss than hits)