Kate Moss In Saint Laurent – ‘CR Fashion Book Issue 2′ Cocktail Party

Kate Moss In Saint Larent

Kate Moss attended the ‘CR Fashion Book Issue 2′ party hosted by Carine Roitfeld during Paris Fashion Week, which was held at Hotel Shangri-La in France yesterday evening.

When I saw this Saint Laurent look, three words sprang to mind. Only.Kate.Moss.

The supermodel donned a Saint Laurent all-over-diamante bodysuit, without the leather skirt worn on the runway, and a black blazer from the Saint Laurent Fall 2013 men’s collection.

Wearing no makeup, Kate completed her look with black booties and a black clutch.

For some reason, I don’t find myself hating the look.

I think this is because she doesn’t appear to be trying too hard. Just picture this look on Rita Ora or Lady Gaga and tell yourself that this look could’ve been a whole lot worse.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

47 thoughts on “Kate Moss In Saint Laurent – ‘CR Fashion Book Issue 2′ Cocktail Party

1. Nat39

Why did she decide not wear a skirt exactly and expose her thighs in such a cheap way exactly??? This is trashy and hideous, noone can get a pass for this from me. She looks cheap.

1. GGG

I agree! Not trying too hard? SHE IS NOT WEARING PANTS. That’s pretty deliberate and desperate.

1. Betelgeuze

+1. While wearing no makeup or “no-makeup” makeup is very much OK with me, pairing it with this wannabe rocker couture makes her look sleepy and two-dimensional.

2. Jen

Plus whatever it is by now .. Plus 4? I saw this and was all PANTS WHERE ARE THEY I DON’T UNDERSTAND.

1. pipsqueak

Totally agreed! The critics’ reviews are lukewarm, b/c they don’t want to be banned like Cathy Horyn was. The poser/hipster crowd claims to love the collection, b/c they only want to be associated with “cool” and Slimane was cool once. And Slimane put some otherwise forgotten, washed out celebrities in the front row, b/c these people want to dress like Courtney Love and call it ‘grunge.’ They’re singing Saint Laurent praises for sure. So tragic.

1. Christine

Another bad collection from him.

Kate looks ok. Only she can wear this look. STill lackluster.

2. Prudence

I totally agree. Unfortunately the hipster crowd cannot afford a 1000$ flannel so instead theyll go to urban outfitters or thrift store. This collection was an insult to the YSL legacy. I do not know why Kate insists on supporting Hedi, she was there during the YSL great days, she knows what this label should be like so it boggles my mind that she thinks these topshop-like clothes are fit for such a label.

2. Sammy C

This is a good photo. I saw it from the back first and although I didn’t hate it or thought it looked as trashy as it potentially could have been, my first words were: Not. Even. Kate. Moss.

Her bum-cheeks were peeking under the blazer in a rather saggy way… No indication on the greatness of her body, I still wish I look that good at her age. But I also wish her blazer would have fallen two centimetres lower, if there was no other choice but to wear this.

1. Rashmi

Completely agree !! Wish it was few centimeters lower.
      Also, the addition of the skirt would have made a hell lot of difference.

3. Marybeth

Actually, I would PREFER seeing this on Rita Ora or Lady Gaga. After all, they are trying to be outrageous, trashy, and/or ugly, so this get-up might be a reasonable choice for them.

For Kate Moss it makes no sense. It’s not really edgy. It’s just vulgar.

4. b00m~~****~*~*~~

I agree with FC on this one…. The look doesn’t look contrived, and I love when women are able to master the “I just threw this on” look. However, if the blazer was just an inch or two longer, it would’ve been that much better

5. Joy

Surely it could have looked “a whole lot worse” but that does not make it good. Bad shoes, bad lack of make, simply bad from head to toe.

6. CreoleLady

Those weren’t the words that sprang to my mind. The words that did are not fit for polite company. What a mess.

7. Robert

THIS is trashy. Desperate. Cheap. Tacky. Etc. Not Heidi Klum at Elton johns Oscar party or anything that JLo ever wears.

I think it’s unbelievable how she made no effort. Most women wear more makeup in the shower than Kate’s wearing here.

8. kane

Even if I found this, say, aesthetically pleasing (which I don’t), my brain would always kick in insisting that she’s missing a piece of clothing here and an essential one at that.

1. the ogre

true that!

i have the exact same thoughts because otherwise it couldn’t have been that bad because it’s her. she could have worn a mini skirt or as others have said the blazer could have been an inch or two longer.

sigh!

9. Alicat

She looks like she got dressed in the dark with the result that she couldn’t do her makeup nor find the bottom half to her outfit. Maybe she is trying to be edgy. It hasn’t worked but it will get the tongues wagging nonetheless. Maybe that is the point – attention seeking?

10. Angela

At first sight, this didn’t appear too bad. Then I logged on to this site a few hours later and suddenly I found it horrid. The model looks gorgeous, but that’s because the Leather dress was longer on the model, so it didn’t look vulgar. In Kate, it looks stripper-esque because the dress portion doesn’t even reach her thighs, the blazer is completely unnecessary, and there is too much cleavage for an already sexy look. It would take a lot for this look to work, but I don’t see it as a WDOTY candidate.

11. Pedro

“Just picture this look on Rita Ora or Lady Gaga and tell yourself that this look could’ve been a whole lot worse.”

For sure!
    Such a bad look for her but could be worse

12. Lola

Kate is too old for this look. Even though she is tiny and petite her body is not toned enough for this it looks boxy. Her “nomakeup” makeup is not convincing. The first word that came to my mind is ridiculous…

13. vicky

After just seeing it from the back, Not even Kate Moss can make this work!
    Awful, attention seeking, tacky, just all together bad!!

14. Nat

The only words that came into my mind when I saw the picture are: “Damn! She forgot her pants!”

15. Noemi

I think she would have looked great with the runway look, but, for me, she never looks like she’s trying too hard. On the contrary, she often looks like she doesn’t care. I wonder if all the applications are comfortable if you want to seat dressed that way.

16. Jess2

I agree that this would be worse on Rita Ora or Gaga but this is all kinds of wrong. I second the calls for WDOTY. What on earth was she thinking?

17. Amy

Trashy, that’s the problem with models , because some fashion mags say so they think they can pull off anything. Fail, pant-less outfits aren’t a good look on anyone unless you’re on stage