21.02.13

Mia Wasikowska In Proenza Schouler – ‘Stoker’ Seoul Press Conference

Mia Wasikowska In Proenza Schouler - 'Stoker' Seoul Press ConferenceMia Wasikowska attended the press conference for her film, ‘Stoker,’ at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Seoul, South Korea today.

The actress posed for photos in a look from Proenza Schouler’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection.

The enticing blur of ocean blues in the pinafore frock definitely caught my eye, and rightfully so. The hues came from photographs that designers Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough took while in Fiji.

Up against the vivid fit-and-flare dress, the heavy black tights and Christian Louboutin platform pumps were nothing more than an afterthought.

With zero accessories and just a hint of barely-there makeup, which took no colour cues from the dress, something just seemed to be missing or unfinished here.

Many of you were opposed to Mia’s Christopher Kane look at the London screening of ‘Stoker.’ Do you think she fares better here?

Credit: Getty

Alessandra Ambrosio's Ash 'Bowie' Wedge Trainers

Alessandra Ambrosio’s Ash ‘Bowie’ Wedge Trainers

Cameron Silver In Joseph Abboud & Andrea Pompilio

Cameron Silver In Joseph Abboud & Andrea Pompilio

29 Responses to Mia Wasikowska In Proenza Schouler – ‘Stoker’ Seoul Press Conference

1. julyol1972 February 21, 2013 at 20:17 #

I must have hit my head today or something because I find this quite refreshing. She looks like “Junior Swinton” in this. The colors work beautifully with her skin and the simplicity of the cut along with the wonderful fit is a perfect showcase and frame for her face and hair. Don’t mind the tights at all keep the focus on the vivid print. Definitely a win for me!

• Ruth February 21, 2013 at 20:22 #

I agree. I quite like it.

I also like the tights. I guess it’s because I live in the cold where I live, but without tights, I’d never wear skirts or dresses.

• adrian February 21, 2013 at 21:09 #

+2 – I love it!

2. Emmeline February 21, 2013 at 20:21 #

I just can’t get on board with that hair, but I like everything else. The dress is gorgeous.

• Yeliz February 21, 2013 at 20:25 #

3. Ana February 21, 2013 at 20:22 #

Is her fringe twisted?

4. Nat39 February 21, 2013 at 20:25 #

The hairstyle is really bad, nothing can possibly work with it, the heavy black tights and pumps are an eyesore. The dress is pretty but, on the other hand, way too short to be worn without tights, wish the skirt was sligtly longer and she’d worn it with beautiful complementary sandals. Once again it’s thumbs down for me.

• Marybeth February 21, 2013 at 21:36 #

Agree on all points.

5. Aline February 21, 2013 at 20:36 #

Love the dress, dislike eveything else. Especially her hair.

• Elise February 21, 2013 at 20:43 #

Totally agree

• Christine February 22, 2013 at 02:36 #

Once again the styling is dull. Like the dress though

• Jess2 February 23, 2013 at 13:30 #

I agree as well. Everything else isn’t working.

6. Jai February 21, 2013 at 21:04 #

I don’t mind this as I feel like she’s staying true to her style and personality. I also don’t mind the hair for that reason.

• GG February 21, 2013 at 21:55 #

+1 I don’t think she’s comfortable showing a lot of skin.So I get the tights. At first I didn’t like her hair. but I think she has soft enough features to carry such a bold cut. All and all I like this look.

7. dee February 21, 2013 at 21:04 #

I don’t get the bare arms and covered up legs? I don’t like the hair. the dress is cute.

8. Mick February 21, 2013 at 21:18 #

Clearly her hair stylist hates her. Also the (barely there) make up is very bland. I like the dress, though.

• Emmeline February 21, 2013 at 21:21 #

I agree about her makeup, she almost always looks washed out.

9. TeaAtTwo February 21, 2013 at 22:31 #

I prefer this look to the London dress as this print makes it interesting. The tights don’t bother me as the colours of dress aren’t that light. but I do wonder if it’s cold enough for tights why so bare up top. The (lack of) make-up is cool but the uneven bangs are bugging me big time.

10. Cass February 22, 2013 at 00:51 #

Love the dress, would love for her to lose the tights though.

11. Mol February 22, 2013 at 00:51 #

I like this a lot, everything, the dress, the hair, the barely there makeup – I feel that it really works for her figure, face and personality.

12. Neli February 22, 2013 at 01:11 #

Bad. Just NO.

13. arang February 22, 2013 at 01:16 #

Agreed. It works with her quirky style, and the colors are really stunning on her. I actually like the hair too. Her face has a really strong bone structure and softer hairstyles sometimes make it look a bit too squared off, imo. The severeness of the cut seems to soften those lines to me. Not sure if I’m explaining well.

14. EmmaWoodhouse February 22, 2013 at 01:21 #

I love the print of the dress, the style would be cute but it’s a little short/lowcut. Therefore I don’t hate the tights with it. The hair, though is terrible–the bangs are UNEVEN and even if they were right, this is such a childish bob!

15. Angela February 22, 2013 at 02:19 #

I am very glad that she let the dress shine on it’s own, and I actually like the hair. It is very editorial and it matches the bold look. For me, the main issue is the makeup. I can envision a thin line of navy eyeliner and perhaps a coral lip color

16. Derro February 22, 2013 at 08:09 #

Amazing look. BDOTW.

17. Ericka February 22, 2013 at 17:01 #

I adore this. I like that the simplicity just lets you bask in the gorgeous color and silhouette.

18. Susan February 22, 2013 at 17:18 #

I love love love this dress. The colors are beautiful. I’m ok with the tights, maybe not so much with the shoes. I’m not sure Mia’s legs are up for such a short dress. Maybe a bit longer would be better.

19. ok February 22, 2013 at 22:34 #

This is the best she’s looked in a long time. The dress and styling is true to her personality, and she looks wonderful.

I like the hair, but then again, I also don’t think everyone has to have the same long hair (with or without waves) that everyone gravitates towards.

20. april February 23, 2013 at 14:02 #

Beautiful dress and like her choice for the tights!