Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 2013

Jennifer Lawrence was apparently so poorly prior to the 2013 SAG Awards, that there was a worry that she wouldn’t actually make the event on Sunday evening.

But she wasn’t about to let pneumonia stand in the way of her collecting an award, as she wore a Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture gown for the occasion.

The midnight blue gown was slightly modified from the runway, as Jennifer’s version has a train.

Her dress goes from a slightly bizarre two-part skirt to a three part skirt.

As gorgeous as she looks, I just don’t get the unfinished feel to the design of this gown.

Chopard jewels and sideswept wavy locks completed her look.

This Jennifer/Dior collabo continues to leave me baffled.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sally Field In J. Mendel - 2013 SAG Awards

Sally Field In J. Mendel – 2013 SAG Awards

Kerry Washington In Rodarte - 2013 SAG Awards

Kerry Washington In Rodarte – 2013 SAG Awards

68 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 SAG Awards

1. AnderBoBo January 28, 2013 at 01:28 #

The only thing I like is the color. I agree that this Dior relationship has been totally underwhelming and very unfortunate considering we know she can knock it out of the park.

• Beta January 28, 2013 at 09:42 #

+1 agree

• Jordan January 28, 2013 at 15:43 #

+1 I feel like she should be the face of a younger, edgier designer like Prabal Gurung, just something other than this, she can’t wear Dior like Marion Cotillard.

• jessicamarantelli January 29, 2013 at 17:44 #

I agree. I love her but I so want her to go back to prabal gurung like the gold dress she wore to THG premier or even the black Critics Choice dress. all i hope is that 1) she knocks it out of the park come oscars night and 2) she wins the oscar fr SLP.

2. shontay January 28, 2013 at 01:29 #

I don’t like this look at all. The dress is a miss and she seemed to have this bad posture for the entire red carpet. It’s an underwhelming choice for a winner (if indeed she wins). Marion got the better Dior dress tonight.

3. Moxie January 28, 2013 at 01:30 #

The bottom does look a little strange, like the ruffely train part was tacked on to a navy mini dress.

4. Hilary January 28, 2013 at 01:30 #

Yawn

• Mandy January 28, 2013 at 03:01 #

+1 very boring. I hate to say it but i think iv’e given up hope on a fabulous Oscar dress

5. Kimi January 28, 2013 at 01:31 #

I’m with you on the Dior/Jennifer relationship. It just keeps sinking. The only thing I like about this is the color.

6. ellie January 28, 2013 at 01:31 #

….and its rachel zoe who has done this to her.

What?!?!

• roxy January 28, 2013 at 02:51 #

I don’t get it either

• Beta January 28, 2013 at 09:42 #

really? I had no clue R.Zoe was her stylist

7. ash January 28, 2013 at 01:31 #

I really thought she’d wear the bright yellow dress from the latest Dior collection.. I bet she’s saving that for the Oscars.

I have to say that I feel like Dior only work on European women or someone really statuesque.

Not her best, but definitely better than he Golden Globes dress.

8. Tina January 28, 2013 at 01:32 #

I’m so upset. She deserves better.

9. Carla January 28, 2013 at 01:34 #

Good lord–pneumonia? I’ve had it; I’d have stayed in bed.

And I wish starlets just dressed themselves. Would be so much more interesting.

• CreoleLady January 28, 2013 at 01:39 #

I’m a bit taken aback too. Pneumonia is no joke. Plus, LA is a little chillier than the norm and here she is, strapless. Agree with others, the color isn’t bad. The silhouette is quite nice until this odd skirt thing going on at the knee and below.

10. AW January 28, 2013 at 01:38 #

I don’t get the hype with this girl. The hair color is mousy and the dress is just odd.

• Yeliz January 28, 2013 at 06:32 #

I don’t get the hype, either. The only thing I like about this look is her makeup. This collection had plenty of gorgeous gowns and here she is wearing one of the worst ones. I don’t think I’ll ever be impressed with this collaboration.

• Juliana January 28, 2013 at 14:50 #

The hype is not about her looks or her clothing, is about her personality and talent!

• Chloe January 28, 2013 at 15:38 #

I am not the biggest fan of her style, but she is my favorite star in Hollywood right now.

11. Vicky January 28, 2013 at 01:38 #

I thought it looked better on TV than in this picture. I still think she looks pretty.

12. Jacob January 28, 2013 at 01:38 #

This relationship is just not working – very very very disappointing.

13. Shelby January 28, 2013 at 01:39 #

I’m glad it’s navy and not black as it appeared on television. I’m not a fan of this look, but I think the slightly disheveled hair matches the slightly off design. Nice red lip.

14. Christine January 28, 2013 at 01:41 #

Not liking this look. Hope she feels better but this dress is not working for me.

15. Neli January 28, 2013 at 01:43 #

Another combo : strapless dress and side part hairstyle

16. Fumi January 28, 2013 at 01:45 #

It really seems like she keeps getting the shaft when it comes to these Dior dresses… Maybe since Marion is not nominated for an Oscar jennifer will get a better dress…

PS: I hope her stylist is fired after this awards season.. they have been doing her no favors

17. SilentVisitor January 28, 2013 at 01:46 #

This is called couture??????? sorry but there is nothing special on that dress, it’s quite ugly actually; but from the neck up, she looks good….

18. kennedy January 28, 2013 at 01:50 #

Her hair and makeup is flawless but the dress is AWFUL. I think this is yet again another example of how overrated Rachel Zoe is. Seriously- of all the dresses in this collection, she chose THIS one? I don’t get it at all.

I think it’s safe to say that the issue lies here: J. Law is really not a fashion girl in that she doesn’t care all that much about fashion, which is totally fine and I get that Dior wants to capitalize on the current “it” girl status- but she really really needs to hire another stylist b/c Zoe is doing her no favors. She has the body to wear any of the looks in this collection and she really got the short stick with this dress.

19. Henrique January 28, 2013 at 01:52 #

I like this look. I think it’s better than the red Dior she wore at the Golden Globes.

20. Betelgeuze January 28, 2013 at 01:53 #

Oh my god, pneumonia? I’ve had that devil’s revenge on human race last winter, so she instantly gets points from me for simply leaving her bed. I wouldn’t do that for a million dollars and one of the red-pink McQueen iron rose dresses from Fall 2012 collection, in my size.

She actually looks healthy – kudos to her makeup artist. I adore adore adore the deep lip and necklace, but the dress is simply yucky. But as I said, she gets mayor points from me just for standing, pneumonia’s a pain in the butt.

21. Marybeth January 28, 2013 at 01:53 #

I prefer her modified gown to the original and I like the dark blue color. She looks fine, but…

This Dior-Lawrence collaboration just doesn’t make sense to me. No sense at all.

• Thaís January 28, 2013 at 02:03 #

I agree. I don’t think Jennifer is the right girl for Dior. Don’t get me wrong, I think she is utterly beautiful, and I would give almost anything to wear a Dior dress, but I don’t think her personality and Dior style are a good match.

She looks better in sexy looks like the Calvin Klein from Oscars, or in the more youthful/pop style of Louis Vuitton.

22. Prudence January 28, 2013 at 01:54 #

I think raf simmons for dior is far too fashiony for these actresses and its best they pull from the archives. this is pretty terrible for me, the dress looks weird on her , its not even her at all I just dont like this whole look at all. I agree with FC, this collab is bizarre.

23. Sanette January 28, 2013 at 01:55 #

I’m praying that this collaboration is over soon because this is really awful.

24. Dhppy January 28, 2013 at 01:56 #

Snooze.

25. Markness January 28, 2013 at 01:57 #

I’m lukewarm on this collab. I love the Dior Couture look more on Marion Cotillard! the best! :)

26. June January 28, 2013 at 02:01 #

sigh…perhaps it’s not the ‘Dior + Jennifer Lawrence’ relationship that has to end but the ‘Jennifer Lawrence dressed by Rachel Zoe’ one. I mean, surely Dior would have offered more than 1 dress to her, and out of everything, Zoe had to pick this! I get that Jennifer might not be a “fashion” girl but a good stylist would pick dresses that suit his/her client’s personality and we all know that Jennifer has a bright vivacious one!

• Quinn January 28, 2013 at 03:04 #

Hmm…i watched Zoe’s show religiously and she usually have 3-5 choices for her client and at the end, its the client that makes the call on which gown to wear. since she was named Dior’s new muse, she have to wear Dior and hence Zoe’s choices are limited. and we all know that if she’s not wearing dior, she always look impeccable. i blame the collaboration to be honest. i don’t think she’s a suitable dior (raf’s) girl.

• julyol1972 January 28, 2013 at 19:04 #

I agree Quinn, I’ve watched Rachel’s show since the inception and like you said, she always has several choices for her clients. But it is ultimately their choice. Since Jennifer was sick, she might have chosen ease and comfort over knock-it-out-of-the-park.

27. EmmaWoodhouse January 28, 2013 at 02:06 #

Hope she feels better! She looks pretty under the weather, and understandably so.
    The dress is way better than the runway version, imo, even though the train looks like it could zip off. It’s not the most exciting dress, but I actually ended up liking the look. It’s quiet, but it’s elegant and the color is lovely on her, even with her sickly pallor. Hair, makeup, and the diamond necklace are well done too. I’m giving her props for being really ill and still looking poised and classy.

28. SixToOne January 28, 2013 at 02:09 #

she should never wear any dior by raf simons, obviously dior has saved the better ones for someone else

29. Shiva January 28, 2013 at 02:14 #

the unusual skirt threw me when I saw it first but i have to say that it’s grown on me and i think it’s pretty neat, particularly the hair and make up. makes for a refreshing change from lovely as they might be-the glitter and ruffles.

having said that, there are wonderful american designers like proenza schouler, prabal gurung and marc jacobs who would be a perfect fit for her age and personality.

30. GG January 28, 2013 at 02:17 #

Love the color,love the lean silhouette. I even think the fabric isn’t that bad. But the design of the dress itself is tragic. The dress on the runway is barely tolerable, but that train mess it just sad. I just want take some scissors to the bottom part!

31. Pedro January 28, 2013 at 02:18 #

Terrible look

Gorgeous from the neck up

32. jd January 28, 2013 at 02:34 #

I actually find Jennifer Lawrence’s version of the dress interesting & much improved from the runway version. I don’t hate it but, yes, it’s still underwhelming. Her styling is quite bland as well. Altogether not very memorable.

33. noo January 28, 2013 at 02:42 #

if she just had to wear dior, she could have worn this…

and we would all be praising her now!

• Elise January 28, 2013 at 12:18 #

If that dress you link could be lengthened, it would be perfect for a red carpet, I.e, for her.The problem is

• Elise January 28, 2013 at 12:22 #

Ups! I was saying that Dior by Raf Simmons is far away I usually understand by a red carpet gown, I wasn’t unable to pick up any of the spring13 couture looks as suitable for a major red carpet event.

anyway, she looks much better than the model, I like a lot that dark Blue.

34. jeremyrain January 28, 2013 at 03:44 #

Seriously, she got the first dibs for the couture and this is what she got? I saw the collection yesterday and wish she would had wore this look: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2013CTR-CDIOR/#28 *Sigh*

• Patricia January 28, 2013 at 04:15 #

I agree! In this color would have been much better the dress.

• Luis January 28, 2013 at 12:03 #

That will be heaven… That dress was my favorite of the season.

35. Camille January 28, 2013 at 04:55 #

The dress was just so-so. Then when she went up to receive her award it was a total failure. She could barely walk in it, and it looked as if it was ripped and coming apart. I don’t think it was, I think the top half of the skirt is just done in sheer fabric, but it looked as if she was having a total wardrobe malfunction. Not what you want people to be looking at when you walk up to receive a big award. Frankly, I wasn’t that impressed with the Dior collection and about the only gown I would rather have seen her in from the collection is this one:

Also, look 32 wasn’t bad either. With the right hair and makeup and styling I think either of these would have been better than what she wore. With so many other fabulous collections to choose from, this collection just seems like slim pickings.

36. lin January 28, 2013 at 05:06 #

Regarding the wardrobe malfunction as she walked up the steps, I think she pulled the top part of her dress up to help her manoeuvre, but the top part came away from the bottom part and I am sure I saw the top of her legs through a sheer fabric. I honestly thought she was going to lose the skirt! It didnt seem to worry her though and she gave a great speech. She’s a gorgeous girl.

37. Jess2 January 28, 2013 at 08:41 #

Not her greatest look but I don’t think it is terrible. Her hair and makeup is beautiful though. I agree that the Jennifer-Dior collaboration doesn’t appear to be working and I don’t think Rachel Zoe is helping the matter. I think looks 32 or 34 would have been better on Jennifer.

38. Kathy January 28, 2013 at 12:12 #

Is it just me or were the SAG Awards a bit disappointing this year? And this look is no exception. I love Jennifer, but this dress is not doing her any favors. Granted, she still looks fabulous in retrospect, but for a red carpet it’s just okay. Maybe it’s the way she’s posing, but the train looks weird to me. Instead of fanning out at her feet, it goes straight back.

39. jill January 28, 2013 at 13:09 #

looks like she’s wearing a bed sheet.but i love the colour againts her skin tone.

40. Joana January 28, 2013 at 13:35 #

Is perfect

• adrian January 28, 2013 at 20:19 #

41. dee January 28, 2013 at 13:50 #

Don’t like the dress. The color is good but that is it. I think Jennifer and Dior need to part ways. This collaboration isn’t working.

42. Chloe January 28, 2013 at 15:40 #

Such an awkward dress, it must’ve been very uncomfortable.

43. TeaAtTwo January 28, 2013 at 16:30 #

It kind of appears as if she wrapped herself in a bed quilt and tried to style it.

44. Dhppy January 28, 2013 at 18:38 #

I’m so bored. So indescribably bored. Can someone please release both her and Raf Simons from their Dior contracts?

45. JJovana3 January 28, 2013 at 18:46 #

Minority comment here. I LIKE IT. She looks amazing and that color is great for her skin. I love it.

46. Iris January 28, 2013 at 20:35 #

Colour is beautiful on her and I am glad she made an effort with her hair. Her make up always disappoints and I wish she would try softer looks. She is super talented but doesnt exude the grace and confidence that Charlize bought to Dior gowns.

47. AitchCS January 28, 2013 at 20:42 #

I heard there was a wardrobe malfunction with her dress, but from what I saw there is a split (intended) in the knees portion of the dress. Anybody Help?

• sonia January 30, 2013 at 00:03 #

indeed there was a split, the one she made when she almost falls when reciving the award!!!!!! the thing is it was quite straight to be accidental…
      :-)

48. Paulina January 28, 2013 at 21:31 #

I wanna to see her in this dress:

49. jessicamarantelli January 29, 2013 at 17:57 #

If she goes with Dior as most believe she will, i’d like to see either look 37 lengthened (sp) or even 45 with a different colour bust. I really hope that she picks prabal gurung instead but either way she’s still may fav.