09.10.12

Lady Gaga In Azzedine Alaia – ‘Fame’ Fragrance Launch

Once inside Harrods for the launch of her fragrance ‘Fame’ yesterday evening, Lady Gaga changed into a more demure look.

When I say demure, I am referring to her Azzedine Alaïa dress, because demure isn’t the best word to describe her custom Brian Atwood booties.

The 9-inch black booties not only have her signature platform, they also have an asymmetrical heel and gold hardware which replicates the talons on the bottle of her new fragrance.

Brian Atwood clearly did his homework.

This is just one of several heels Brian Atwood has made especially for the singer.

Credit: Getty

Demi Lovato For Teen Vogue November 2012

Demi Lovato For Teen Vogue November 2012

Elle Fanning In Vintage - 'Ginger And Rosa' New York Film Festival Premiere

Elle Fanning In Vintage – ‘Ginger And Rosa’ New York Film Festival Premiere

16 Responses to Lady Gaga In Azzedine Alaia – ‘Fame’ Fragrance Launch

1. robbie October 9, 2012 at 17:37 #

the dress is nice the rest is tacky, especially those shoes which are quite possibly the most ugliest, vilest, hideous piece i may have seen.

• Hannah October 10, 2012 at 02:40 #

I LOATHE the shoes. They are so completey tacky. 8 inch platforms are no longer shocking, they are just ugly. They also ruin the bottom of the dress when she stands. I still don’t get why she chooses to ruin every outfit with awful platform glorified stripper boots.
      I also hate that her hand looks like it is trying to be Edward Scissohands. Only Johnny Depp could pull that off.

• Beta October 10, 2012 at 09:57 #

agree on your feelings on the shoes jeje

• dee October 10, 2012 at 13:21 #

I agree. How can she walk in those things?

2. Yeliz October 9, 2012 at 17:41 #

This is one of her better looks, even though I hate those booties.

3. EmmaWoodhouse October 9, 2012 at 18:03 #

This is too bad, because even I–who can’t stand her–would have given her props for an elegant look IF she had not 1) worn all those ridiculous things on her hands and 2) held off on the STUPID shoes. It just really frustrates me because I was, for once, ready to slightly applaud. Instead this gets yet another definite thumbs-down.

• Alina October 10, 2012 at 05:32 #

I agree with everything.

4. argentina October 9, 2012 at 18:05 #

I might be really confused about Gaga but I have to say I’m into this look by somehow. Maybe it’s the dress, which isn’t as excentric as we are used to, or maybe is the styling that is considerably soft for Gaga (and only for Gaga). Anyway I think she looks good enough

5. Nat39 October 9, 2012 at 18:40 #

Apart from the gold hardware on her fingers, I’m on board with this look – the dress shows off her curves beautifully, her hair and makeup look nice, and the shoes are gimmicky but perfect for the launch of her own fragrance.

• tiffany October 9, 2012 at 21:25 #

+1 Gaga’s fashion is gaga, let’s be honest. But at least it’s consistently interesting. Fresh. Born of personality and not styling/a stylist. Unexpected. Always. It’s the fashion of an individual, not a product. A visionary, not a hanger. Whether one connects with the vision is another story.

6. ash October 9, 2012 at 19:32 #

I love this look, very classy for Gaga. I hate the shoes as well, but the dress would be dragging if she didn’t wear 9 inch heels and I personally don’t mind the gold hardware, it’s very Gaga, but quite classy. At least it wasn’t made out of meat.

7. Christine October 10, 2012 at 02:18 #

I love it. She is so fun to watch.

8. ok October 10, 2012 at 07:30 #

I am so tired of those shoes. Enough!

9. Amy October 10, 2012 at 14:32 #

love the dress. About the shoes I think the previous comments sum up my thoughts.

10. Saree October 10, 2012 at 14:50 #

Wow she is soooo tacy! That hair, the make up, the shoes. Her fanbase would have to only be teenagers. No adult would buy into this mess – she is pop’s Nicki Minaj.

• Saree October 10, 2012 at 14:53 #