Heidi Klum In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2012 Emmy Awards

Heidi Klum looked very pretty at the 2012 Emmy Awards held in Hollywood, California, on Sunday evening.

I do like her light blue Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2012 Couture gown, but the overall look and styling feels a tad one note.

To be honest, I’m more than a tad bored.

The Lorraine Schwartz earrings match the dress, which matches the Lorraine Schwartz ring, which matches the shoes and no doubt the clutch.

Credit: NYMag.com & Getty

Bellamy Young In Robert Rodriguez, Max Mara & House of Ronald - SiriusXM Studios & Upfronts Celebration

Bellamy Young In Robert Rodriguez, Max Mara & House of Ronald – SiriusXM Studios & Upfronts Celebration

Elisabeth Moss In Dolce & Gabbana - 2012 Emmy Awards

Elisabeth Moss In Dolce & Gabbana – 2012 Emmy Awards

39 Responses to Heidi Klum In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2012 Emmy Awards

1. Jones19 September 24, 2012 at 00:37 #

I agree, the one note styling is too much. Her chest also needs some support.

• Noemi September 24, 2012 at 09:23 #

When I see her on the same red carpets of movie stars I always think that she tries hard to get attention. You’re still hot, Heidi but you needs a bra!

• tiffany September 24, 2012 at 22:25 #

just no. slow down. you look better on project runway than on the red carpet most times. that’s kray!

2. robbie September 24, 2012 at 00:37 #

wow! from the waist up its nice from the waist down its a little tacky.

3. Chrisitne September 24, 2012 at 00:38 #

I agree about being one note but damn she is working it!

4. Yeliz September 24, 2012 at 00:40 #

She looks good but forgettable, IMO.

5. Nat39 September 24, 2012 at 00:43 #

The slit is a bit too high, wish she hadn´t drawn this much attention to it with her posing. And it´s way too one-note – would´ve been much nicer with contrasting colour statement earrings.

6. ash September 24, 2012 at 00:43 #

This reminds me of Charlize Theron at the Golden Globes.

7. towanda September 24, 2012 at 00:44 #

it’s too much matchy-matchy

8. Kate September 24, 2012 at 00:46 #

At times, I am very unimpressed with Heidi Klum. I might even say I am bored with a lot of her choices. This is a perfect example of that. I don’t like it at all, and find the matching shoes very high school prom like. I might like it better if there were a little less skin showing, but even then probably not.

• Beta September 24, 2012 at 07:55 #

9. Odette September 24, 2012 at 00:50 #

I want class for the Emmys and this isn’t classy. On someone like Diane Kruger it would be classy but it’s forgettable and a little tacky on Heidi whose celebrity is in the same tacky level as Tyra Banks and Eva Longoria.

10. Hannah September 24, 2012 at 00:54 #

I think that silver accessories would have worked better, but she still looks divine. She wanted attention and she knew how to get it. As with half the looks so far, a clutch would have made teh dress feel more balanced and complete the look.
    I honestly think half hte reason I ove this look is the colour and the shoes, which I believe are Charlotte Olympia ‘Ursula’s.

11. gabis September 24, 2012 at 00:55 #

She should’ve kept the runway styling with the sleek bun and statement golden jewelry. If she had done so, she would’ve made to my best dressed list. It is a shame she wasted such a beautiful dress with this silly matchy-matchy styling. Talk about playing safe.

12. Stephanie September 24, 2012 at 00:59 #

At first glance on the TV I was happy with the color.. love love love the color. Then, they panned down. The way she insists on sticking her leg through the slit is tacky… and the double slits make it look like a diaper between her legs.

13. Grace Patricia September 24, 2012 at 01:00 #

One of that “I have a great body and my only need is to show it” kind of dresses.

14. shaun September 24, 2012 at 01:21 #

from watching her this season on project runway she is always talking about how she likes over the top clothing. i think she needs to tone it down, this looks desperate and she is a women of a certain age now

15. love September 24, 2012 at 02:08 #

i have to disagree with everybody i dont know if it is because this is one of my favorite colors but i think this is one note done right i actually really like it. Though, i prefer the cut of the runway dress better.

16. Moxie September 24, 2012 at 02:36 #

I have to disagree. I think she looks fabulous. The slit is too high for my taste, which brings the look down a bit.

17. carolina September 24, 2012 at 02:40 #

Too revealing. That’s not necessary and it actually detracts from her beauty. The stance reminds me of the one Jolie did, which caused everyone to laugh about its artificiality.

18. EmmaWoodhouse September 24, 2012 at 02:41 #

Sorry, this is just tacky. Tacky angel-barbie. Try being classy, Heidi, it won’t hurt you!

19. Saree September 24, 2012 at 03:05 #

It’s a nice dress & all, but we’ve seen it countless times. Looks too Carrie Underwood for my liking. She does look nice though.

The shoes are the only thing I give her points for. Perhaps a Best Show of the Event nominee?

20. taksi September 24, 2012 at 03:42 #

It would have been ok if she had an updo and more support. The dress is still very boring though.

21. Vidhya September 24, 2012 at 03:50 #

Sorry to nitpick but there is this very gown in the Alexandre Vauthier 2012 couture collection.. very similar to this purple one but with a bigger waist tie in this blue.

22. Dhppy September 24, 2012 at 05:19 #

I think Heidi hears the phrase “less is more” as “less fabric is more skin.” If she had stuck to one leg slit this gown would improve greatly. The color is great for her and I love the styling.

23. Dionne September 24, 2012 at 06:01 #

Forget the dress, Heidi seems to have had a kid for every season of project runway & her body looks incredible!! No wonder they call her the body. I think she looks great

• Natalie19 September 24, 2012 at 19:52 #

actually, it’s Elle Macpherson who is called The Body

24. Pene September 24, 2012 at 10:05 #

she doesnt carry the dress like the super model she is

25. Andrea September 24, 2012 at 10:10 #

To match that baby blue pastel colour with a barbie prom night hairstyle is not a good idea in my opinion.

To much sugar and not interesting at all, not even with all that perfect long leg showing.

26. Kaiva September 24, 2012 at 11:37 #

Ohh, I just don’t like anything about this look. She looks kinda naked, way too summery, and the neckline makes her boobs look way long. I think it just does nothing to her as she has such a great figure.

27. TeaAtTwo September 24, 2012 at 12:33 #

It all feels boring, a tad trashy try hard and ageing with hair, one note styling and obvious skin flashing.

28. Dolly September 24, 2012 at 13:03 #

Oddly enough I am getting an Ulrika Johnson vibe from her in this. We all know Heidi has a great body, but I dont even need to see photos to know that she is vastly exposing any part of her body for any of these red carpet events…it’s getting boring

29. Sabina September 24, 2012 at 15:11 #

She does look pretty from the neck up, but the dress is so desperate and lame.

30. Joan September 24, 2012 at 17:32 #

I love this! Im usually not a fan of her style but I think this is the best she looked in a long time!

31. Alina September 24, 2012 at 17:41 #

I love the gown, but not on her.

32. FC310 September 24, 2012 at 19:31 #

i think she was dressed like she’s attending a Victoria Secret promo event.

33. Natalie19 September 24, 2012 at 19:53 #

I don’t like this look.

I really dislike the matchy blue earrings and shoes.

And also, surprisingly, Heidi looks kind of heave here

34. Provost September 24, 2012 at 23:08 #

I’d like to buy a vowel.

35. robert September 25, 2012 at 04:40 #

Matchy, matchy? So what other colors was she supposed to wear with this dress?

I think her tan is the worst thing about this look, but the ‘one note’ protest doesn’t resonate here at all with me.