14.05.12

Katy Perry In Twenty Cluny – NARM Music Biz Awards Dinner Party

On Thursday, Katy Perry was a guest at the NARM Music Biz Awards Dinner Party held in Century City, California, where she was honoured with the ‘Artist of the Year’ award.

The purple-haired singer opted for a gothic look on this occasion.

Sporting on-trend dark lips and racoon eyes that Taylor Momsen would be proud of, Katy wore a Twenty Cluny dress with sheer stripes showcasing her bra.

How very rock and roll.

I don’t know about you, but I think I prefer bubblegum-pink Katy to gothic Katy.

Studded Christian Louboutins completed her look.

Does this dress feel very familiar?

That’s because the dress is identical to the Louise Goldin dress Rihanna wore early last year.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé & 3.1 Phillip Lim - Good Morning America

Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé & 3.1 Phillip Lim – Good Morning America

Katy Perry In Blumarine - 2012 Billboard Music Awards

Katy Perry In Blumarine – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

29 Responses to Katy Perry In Twenty Cluny – NARM Music Biz Awards Dinner Party

1. Alina May 14, 2012 at 12:40 #

God, have mercy! This is … I’m speechless.

2. Yeliz May 14, 2012 at 12:44 #

I don’t like this at all. Firstly I hate her make-up (I hate gothic make-ups in general). She also should’ve worn a strapless bra, it looks daffy with the straps being invisible. And then I hate her shoes too. So if she had a lighter make-up, colored shoes and better accessories maybe I would’ve liked it then, otherwise not.

3. bm May 14, 2012 at 12:45 #

i’m speechless (in a bad way)

4. Lara May 14, 2012 at 12:50 #

“Taylor Momsen would be proud”? Lol! Au contraire… I think Taylor would scoff… not nearly racoon enough for the likes of her.

I don’t mind gothic Katy every once in a while to break up Cartoon Katy…

• Juliana May 14, 2012 at 13:20 #

Same here… I find it hard to call this “raccoon eyes”. How come for some it’s “smoldering smokey eyes” and here it’s “raccoon”?

Also, I like it that she never stops changing. Unlike so many “starlets” that wear the same bland hair and makeup every single time.

• Fashion Critic May 14, 2012 at 13:28 #

Juliana, it was supposed to be a joke…thankfully others got that.

• Juliana May 14, 2012 at 15:28 #

Oh, sorry about that. Guess I’m not in my best game today.

5. Sharon May 14, 2012 at 13:10 #

She looks better than Rihanna did, but the color and length may have something to do with that. I really love colorful Katy and hope she puts goth Katy away.

6. Anne g May 14, 2012 at 13:16 #

Morticia get out OF THIS BODY . LOL

7. Guen May 14, 2012 at 13:28 #

Oh, my God….she’s becoming a clown, and it depresses me

8. Mariia May 14, 2012 at 13:39 #

I thinks it’s good to shake things up from time to time and Katy’s very good at it! I can’t say which “Katy” I prefer, I love that she is not boring and predictable! This is definitely not her best look ever, but she looks very beautiful. Katy is the kind of girl who can make anything work.

• Emi May 14, 2012 at 21:01 #

I kinda agree with you. She’s never predictable, which is a good thing.

9. Saree May 14, 2012 at 14:34 #

I really like this actually.

I must say I prefer this length to Rihanna’s and also the colour. The purple hair isn’t so WHOA compared to Blue (which I grew to like).

Sure, they amp it up during their promo’s etc… but people just don’t like stuff that isn’t the norm. Why not try something different? I’m for it.

10. Dee May 14, 2012 at 14:38 #

I think she looks nice! Obviously not wholesome-nice or even cutesy-nice, but somehow this gothic look, even with the semi-transparent dress, looks elegant. Much better than a slime-green crop-top, anyway.

And the purple hair looks lovely.

11. Riley May 14, 2012 at 15:15 #

This is one of her worst looks. I hate it. It is a shame pop stars (Katy Perry, Rihanna, Kylie Minoque, Christina Aguilera, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Cheryl Cole, Lady Gaga) feel the need to dress like tarts. Why can’t they sell as much records dressing classy like Diane Kruger? Unfortunately the Industry isn’t all about the music.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 15, 2012 at 17:05 #

I am in total agreement. SO many stars are beautiful and talented, but they either have to be over-the-top sexpots or attention-getting clowns. We should start a Diane Kruger petition! :D
      Katy looks unspeakably awful here.

12. Christine May 14, 2012 at 15:54 #

Talk about a designer rip off. This whole “look” looks cheap. :(

13. robbie May 14, 2012 at 16:43 #

what a truly ugly and cheap dress, the shoes are lovely.

14. Gianluca May 14, 2012 at 17:02 #

I reckon this dress is Giles Deacon AW11-12…

15. Nat May 14, 2012 at 19:13 #

Well, at least that bra strap is bothering me so much that I’m distracted from her gothic/sad makeup!

I guess she wants to mix things up sometimes, but colourful/cheerful looks seem to compliment much more her persona. And that’s a compliment, Katy! :-)

16. Jones19 May 14, 2012 at 20:01 #

I really like this look.

17. shifa May 14, 2012 at 22:04 #

Hey FC doesn’t this look kinda like the Chane dress Florence Welch wore? I thought that was much better

18. mary beth May 15, 2012 at 03:49 #

FC- is this dress available for purchase online?? I can’t seem to find it

19. Jess2 May 15, 2012 at 12:52 #

I like this look and I like it much more than the dress Rihanna wore. It is good to mix things up sometimes. You will never know what works until you try it :)

20. Lala/S-R May 17, 2012 at 03:15 #

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This boring “look at me” broad.