Shailene Woodley In Christopher Kane – 2012 Met Gala

When Shailene Woodley stepped out for the Vanity Fair party, I wished she had modified her dress into a gown.

Well that is just what she did with this Christopher Kane Fall 2012 dress for Monday nights 2012 Met Gala, which goes from knee-length on the runway to full-length on the red carpet.

Her gunmetal chainmail dress with multi-coloured wire, floral embroidery and leather panel details is just the futuristic, youthful look that the actress needed during awards season.

Not one to add many accessories, Shailene completed her look with a sleek ponytail and diamond stud earrings.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Miroslava Duma Front Row @ Fall 2014 Couture Fashion Week

Miroslava Duma Front Row @ Fall 2014 Couture Fashion Week

Diane Kruger In Prada - 2012 Met Gala

Diane Kruger In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

14 Responses to Shailene Woodley In Christopher Kane – 2012 Met Gala

1. Tina May 8, 2012 at 06:43 #

I absolutely agree about the youthful factor. this is a very fun and very vibrant dress – I appreciate the fact that she is trying on these dresses as opposed to some of the more mature, subdued ones that wore before, like to the Oscars.

2. Christine May 8, 2012 at 06:48 #

For a premiere, yes. For the Met? No.

3. Riley May 8, 2012 at 06:57 #

I only thing I don’t like is that we can see where the dress ends. I wish it was lined so we couldn’t see the inside of the dress.

Other than that she is perfecto.

4. bm May 8, 2012 at 08:05 #

For me , her modification is not right. This dress is not a gown material.

• Nat May 8, 2012 at 09:43 #

I’m usually a big fan of gowns, I’ll take a floor-length dress over shorter ones almost each time, but in this case the dress looks a lot better as presented on the runway, imo.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 23:32 #

I agree! This dress was cool and edgy as a short dress, and Diane Kruger would have rocked it. As a gown, I find it unattractive and the top seems too constrictive for Shailene. I liked her Oscar dress MUCH better than this! (In fact, I liked her Oscar dress)

5. nkgotho matlou May 8, 2012 at 08:24 #

i like her a lot,she look stunning!!!!!love the look.

6. Shaina May 8, 2012 at 13:18 #

I agree that this dress would be better suited for a premiere but I do think she looks great. In fact, this is is my favorite look from her for a while. Love the modifications.

7. Alina May 8, 2012 at 13:22 #

Just OK.

8. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 17:03 #

I don’t think that she put too much effort into her styling. Her hair and make-up is very boring. The dress is ok because I like the embroidery but I also think (like Riley) that it had been better when the dress would’ve been lined.

9. Michelle May 8, 2012 at 18:15 #

I’m not a fan of this girl’s style. At all.

10. Jess2 May 9, 2012 at 03:37 #

I really like the dress and I think she looks great but it is lacking the wow effect that you expect at the Met

11. Felicia May 9, 2012 at 09:37 #

Long story short… I think she looks 10 years older than she actually is. If she HAD to wear the dress, then she should have worn the runway version exactly the way it is.

12. Parvati May 9, 2012 at 11:59 #

This is a really nice look. As always, I would have liked to see her accessorize it with some jewellery or a clutch, but still, she looks great.