02.05.12

Shailene Woodley For ASOS June 2012

Shailene Woodley appears on the cover of the June 2012 issue of ASOS magazine.

Known for her breakthrough performance in ‘The Descendants’ and her love for her red-carpet run during awards season, the actress looks like a typical teenager wearing an ASOS denim shirt with Rare lace hot pants, ASOS cat eye sunglasses and roller skates.

The rest of her editorial, shot by Jason Nocito, sees her wearing an on-trend pyjama look and a mesh midi dress, both by ASOS.

In her interview she shrugs off criticism about her Valentino Couture Oscars dress, she talks about not paying attention to fame and fortune and her love for dark film roles.

You can read the whole of Shailene’s interview over at ASOS magazine. Here are some extracts:

On criticism of her Valentino Couture Oscars dress: “A lot of people didn’t like it. They were like, ‘she’s 20, she’s covering herself up, why is she doing that?’ But to me it felt classy and elegant and that’s what I think of when I think of the Oscars. It felt simple and elegant and it still represented who I am. Most of my clothes come through friends – this cardigan is two years old and these jeans are my friend’s boyfriend’s.”

On not paying attention to fame and fortune: “I don’t pay any attention to all of that stuff. I never have. I know nothing about the industry, nothing about the ‘business’ and I intend to always be that way. There are more options coming in for me (since The Descendants), but that really doesn’t affect me, because I will never do a movie I’m not passionate about. I’d rather be in a two-minute scene in a phenomenal Meryl Streep movie than the lead of an action-hero film.”

On her penchant for dark roles: “Movies are where my heart is at. I love dark roles – roles that appear scary. Not in a horror film way, but like ‘Black Swan’ or ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’. Films that take the audience on an emotional journey. And I would love to play Patti Smith in a film one day – I’m re-reading her autobiography, I’m obsessed with it.”

On what the future holds: “I’m excited to become a badass archer. I want to be able to shoot a small pen dot on the wall, 20 feet away. I want to be like (The Hunger Games’) Katniss.”

Credit: ASOS

Tulisa Contostavlos In Versace - FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World Party

Tulisa Contostavlos In Versace – FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World Party

Khloe Kardashian's Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Colour Block Platform Sandals

Khloe Kardashian’s Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Colour Block Platform Sandals

10 Responses to Shailene Woodley For ASOS June 2012

1. CreoleLady May 2, 2012 at 12:07 #

Oh please. Like shorty-shorts that look like lace granny panties are so elegant and classy. Granted, the cover is not the Oscars but still, get off the high horse. Geez, I’ve really got to ignore what these young people say and just look at the pictures.

• lola May 2, 2012 at 12:56 #

You do know that she probably didn’t style herself for the photo shoot. Also I agree with emma she does sound comfortable in her own skin,It doesn’t seem like she is cocky at all.

• CreoleLady May 2, 2012 at 18:37 #

I do know she has the ability to say no. And if her agreement with the magazine was such that she could not say no, then she should learn something about the industry and hire a new agent.

• Lampshade May 4, 2012 at 03:06 #

She’s an actor. Wearing something she wouldn’t normally wear in a photoshoot is, for her, probably no different than saying something she wouldn’t normally say as a character in a film. Editors, like directors, don’t research your morals and beliefs before they cast you and if you’re a professional you understand why they don’t have to. It’s either too much to ask or it isn’t. If you appear in a fashion magazine to appear in a clothing spread, the interview is about you. The pictures are about the clothes. Not understanding that isn’t a good enough reason to be condescending toward “these young people.”

2. EmmaWoodhouse May 2, 2012 at 12:30 #

While I really don’t like the lace hotpants–tacky–the rest of the editorial is cute (I’m not thinking of the pajamas as daywear, but just as pjs) and so down to earth. She has lovely hair! I really liked what she said about her Oscar dress…She sounds like she’s comfortable in her own skin but not cocky. Nice to see.

3. Luiza May 2, 2012 at 14:18 #

i LOVE her Oscar dress.

4. bee7 May 2, 2012 at 14:41 #

for a second i thought she was wearing diaper. sorry just had to say it out :/

• Rebecca Z May 2, 2012 at 15:30 #

I so agree. I hatehatehate this article of “clothing”. Big panties. Looks awful on everyone, even Rosie. But she does have amazing hair!

5. J May 2, 2012 at 16:51 #

The shorts do look like diapers, but her hair is fab.

6. cartouche May 2, 2012 at 18:53 #

never thought i would see a jean button down shirt tucked into white lace hotpants. yuck