Rihanna In Emilio Pucci – ‘Battleship’ Japan Premiere

Finally, we have a premiere for ‘Battleship’.

Today at Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Japan, Rihanna attended the world premiere of her new movie looking sensational wearing an Emilio Pucci Fall 2012 pyjama-like look.

Classic pyjamas are having a major moment, so Ri Ri is on trend wearing this blue-and-gold metallic ensemble which consisted of a shirt with a tie around the waist and pants.

I’m glad her hair is back to black, as her brash blonde hair would’ve clashed terribly with this ensemble.

Gold jewels including large hooped earrings and a long necklace, plus tan sandals accessorized this look.

Beauty-wise, Rihanna opted for gold lips and matching eye makeup.

This is my favourite look from Rihanna this year.

Do you love this as much as I do?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Huo Siyan's Prabal Gurung Printed Wool Silk Blazer

Huo Siyan’s Prabal Gurung Printed Wool Silk Blazer

Brooklyn Decker In Stella McCartney - 'Battleship' Japan Premiere

Brooklyn Decker In Stella McCartney – ‘Battleship’ Japan Premiere

49 Responses to Rihanna In Emilio Pucci – ‘Battleship’ Japan Premiere

1. Francois B April 3, 2012 at 15:30 #

It’s too pyjama for me but I loooove her hair back to black as you said ♥

• AW April 3, 2012 at 15:41 #

I agree, I think that is looks like pajamas because it’s too big.

2. Chanel April 3, 2012 at 15:35 #

I’m crazy for this look! :D But I would have preferred her shoes in black, like the model :)

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2012 at 15:38 #

I think we are the only ones LOL

• Ramsay April 3, 2012 at 23:47 #

I love that too – my minor issue is her hair colour, a slightly lighter tone would’ve been better in my opinion – something less black more brown could’ve worked better

3. Euge April 3, 2012 at 15:35 #

Mh this look gets a no from me. But I really like her new/real haircolor.

4. EmmaWoodhouse April 3, 2012 at 15:36 #

Love the luxurious print but not the silhouette–it looks very sloppy and pajama like. The black hair is a Godsend! (I think a lot of people are going to be saying similar things about the hair!)

5. Alina April 3, 2012 at 15:37 #

I like it, not love it.

6. Incroyable April 3, 2012 at 15:38 #

I hate the pajamas-on-the-red carpet trend, this looks sloppy.

7. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 3, 2012 at 15:39 #

For PJ’s its one of the best looks I’ve seen…they’re gorgeous. At least she looks clean. This is her natural color? It’s soooo dark. In my head she was a lighter brunette. This looks a bit harsh to me.

8. Taylor April 3, 2012 at 15:44 #

I love this. Very fashion forward. Shes one of the only celebs who can be fashion forward almost everyday and not make it look try hard. Nowadays, her and diane kruger are the only ones who can push the envelope and look edgy without needing blue hair to look “cool”.

9. Katie April 3, 2012 at 15:51 #

Her hair is fab, but its a big no for the outfit

10. Lada April 3, 2012 at 15:53 #

I find it disrespectful to come to a premiere wearing this.

• Christine April 3, 2012 at 16:06 #

You got to be kidding. LOL

• Saree April 5, 2012 at 06:36 #

Ahh it’s the darn Japan premiere. I think the PJ look is very respectful to such a premiere.

Since when are people ‘respectful’ anyway at any event. There is always someone offending my eyes.

11. CreoleLady April 3, 2012 at 15:53 #

No. Trendy is as trendy does. Style is forever. Yes, there are classic “pajama” looks (I’m thinking art deco and a lounging Greta Garbo) but these are literally pajamas, pj’s, jammies. Fail.

I do not know what happens in the movie Battleship. But Brooklyn conquers Rihanna on the red carpet battle ground.

• Mary April 3, 2012 at 15:58 #

+1000000 I mean…really?

• Vidhya April 3, 2012 at 17:29 #

LOL.. totally agree and the colour of her shoes blend with the her skin colour so it looks like she is also barefoot.. the whole thing looks like a joke

• gurlygurl April 3, 2012 at 22:15 #

You hit the nail on the head CreoleLady. It used to be more about a cut and it didn’t look like they were wearing actual pajamas! I actually don’t mind the color and pattern of the one Rihanna us wearing if she had just worn the jacket I could have given her a pass. This is a trend that people will cringe at not too far in the future.

• manja April 4, 2012 at 09:06 #

12. kstewhunger April 3, 2012 at 15:55 #

i love the hair hate the look. Too casual for a premiere.

13. Christine April 3, 2012 at 16:08 #

Bravo to Rihanna for stepping outside the box. I like it. Not a strong Like or Love.

And once again, if this was on someone one ELSE? No. But on Rihanna? I like it.

14. Christine April 3, 2012 at 16:10 #

And I also like that Brooklyn is showcasing the more girlie looks, while Rihanna is sporting more masculine looks on this tour.

A good balance :)

15. Leah April 3, 2012 at 16:12 #

I love the concept of it but I don’t think it was executed very well. Looks slightly sloppy on Eihanna, but I know if it looked better on her I would have loved this look.

16. Amy April 3, 2012 at 16:21 #

awful! That pyjama trend is a mess. So many celebs have tried it but I haven’t seen anyone succeed even the usually stylish ones. just no!

17. lollypop April 3, 2012 at 16:26 #

I really dont like anything about this look. Not the hair.Not the clothes.But i guess the shoes are alright.
    I wish she could go back to having red hair.

18. ash April 3, 2012 at 16:38 #

I realy like this look, not completely in love with it, especially when I see what Brooklyn Deker has been wearing, RiRi could do so much better..

As for the hair, I kinda feel weird about it, it’s too tame, it doesn’t feel very Rihanna.. Maybe that’s just because she’s been on a crazy hairstyle rollercoaster for the past 3 years.

19. Rebecca Z April 3, 2012 at 16:40 #

She is always a surprise. Don’t love the pajama trend, but she makes it work for her.

20. Ade April 3, 2012 at 16:43 #

I know Emilio Pucci was going for the sloppy look and it works on the model, but on Rihanna it actually looks sloppy and very Ill fitting. Maybe she’s dedicating it to the boring movie she’s been promoting.

21. Rosalie April 3, 2012 at 16:47 #

I dont think Id describe it as Sensational

I love her blacl hair though!

22. Eimear April 3, 2012 at 17:09 #

Erm… i love riri, but eh… pyjamas.

23. Nat April 3, 2012 at 17:49 #

I’m sorry but pyjamas, albeit a very expensive and fancy one, still remains pyjamas.

24. Carmen April 3, 2012 at 18:56 #

Honestly, I don’t really like this look. I would’ve liked it if it was more tailored. It’s a cute look though, I’m really loving the pyjama trend. (: Glad she’s back to black, but hate that Cassie hair.

25. Riley April 3, 2012 at 19:51 #

It is not trashy and ridiculous.
    Congratulations Rihanna.
    We knew you had it in you, as you have accomplished the feat before (think Carlos Miele, Stephane Roland Couture and Marchesa).

26. Ayishaa April 3, 2012 at 21:42 #

Honestly this outfit looks like a pyjamas and nothing more. There is nothing attractive about iy

• Leo April 4, 2012 at 05:09 #

So true. Terrible look. Rihanna is looking a mess on this promo tour, as she does.

27. Liyana April 4, 2012 at 00:41 #

Dear Rihanna, Hugh Hefner called…he wants his pajamas back.

• gurlygurl April 5, 2012 at 06:17 #

LOL Hugh Heffner must be very happy… he’s finally on trend with his pj’s and slippers!!

28. bm April 4, 2012 at 00:52 #

I don’t like it. Nice to see her hair back to black, but not with that hairstyle.

29. Fumi April 4, 2012 at 01:31 #

Though she has full hair and make-up, RiRi looks like she just rolled out of bed. Like others above mentioned, “on-trend” does not mean “stylish”

BTW… FC, I really love your site!

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2012 at 07:50 #

thanks Fumi x

30. Jones19 April 4, 2012 at 01:45 #

I just can’t bring myself to like this. On top of wearing pajamas she looks barefoot….

31. Lala/S-R April 4, 2012 at 01:57 #

UGH. This is just…ugh, I can’t even… She looks like she just rolled out of bed and threw on some make-up. I’m not a fan of the PJ’s look AT ALL. No one has pulled it off yet. I’m still waiting.

32. Katharine April 4, 2012 at 03:22 #

I really like this on Rihanna : she carries off the slouchy glamour more convincingly than the model. She’s such a beautiful woman : sometimes the wacky barnets detract from appreciating that. This is comparatively a breath of fresh air, and it does suit her style.

33. MG April 4, 2012 at 05:25 #

overall look is sloppy. but her hair and makeup looks good. she should keep this hair style

34. roxana April 4, 2012 at 07:07 #

she is very beautiful, but her pijama look gets a NO from me!

35. robbie April 4, 2012 at 14:58 #

poor thing clearly didnt have time to change out of her pyjamas.

dont know what it worse these pyjama style outfits or those lacey sheer dress that look as if they belong on the rack of ann summers.

36. Nadia April 4, 2012 at 17:30 #

I love this look on her. I feel like it’s one of the few times she’s not trying too hard. She looks polished, classy and feminine. I wish we got more of this from her.

xo Nadia

37. MEME April 5, 2012 at 19:04 #

Nope, it looks like sloppy pajama’s…. nothin’ more…. and it would’ve looked better had it been tailored…. and I still wouldn’t have liked it… I don’t like the pajama trend…. the only way I would like it is if it didn’t look like regular pajamas…. none of these looks are convincing….