02.04.12

Carrie Underwood In Abed Mahfouz – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Carrie Underwood gave us no surprises when she walked the red carpet for the 2012 Academy of Country Music Awards, which were held on Sunday in Las Vegas, Nevada.

She did look gorgeous wearing an Abed Mahfouz strapless gown with embellished details and a thigh-high split.

Diamond jewelry and Oscar de la Renta silver peep-toe platform pumps accessorized the look.

Beauty-wise she opted for large curls, dark eye makeup, and a shimmering coral lip colour.

Carrie does look great, but I feel like we’ve been there and done this gown several times before.

This picture could easily be from 2005.

Credit: Getty

Martina McBride In Georges Chakra - 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Martina McBride In Georges Chakra – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Miranda Lambert In Randi Rahm - 2012 Academy of Country Music Awards

Miranda Lambert In Randi Rahm – 2012 Academy of Country Music Awards

34 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Abed Mahfouz – 2012 Academy Of Country Music Awards

1. AW April 2, 2012 at 14:24 #

I certainly agree on been there, done that, got the crappy t-shirt.

She looks pretty I guess but MEH

2. Alina April 2, 2012 at 14:29 #

Beautiful, but I agree that we’ve seen this a couple of times before.

3. Colleen April 2, 2012 at 14:32 #

Totally agree with you FC…been there, done that, but she still looks beautiful. Only thing I would change are the shoes…a strappy sandal would have worked better than these heavy shoes, IMO.

4. bm April 2, 2012 at 14:34 #

I like the dress, but she breathe no life to it.

5. harris April 2, 2012 at 14:37 #

her shoes are horrid

6. Pablo April 2, 2012 at 15:05 #

Toootally 2005. :D

7. Riley April 2, 2012 at 15:18 #

I am upset that my dear Abed Mahfouz- who has deserved a red carpet chance for a long time- finally got it but in this horrible failure. Carrie looks tacky. Her makeup and hair is atrocious. She looks like the classic tacky country singer that Taylor Swift and Jennifer Nettles have been fighting against.

• Penè Lenìerè April 3, 2012 at 17:55 #

Ain’t i glad that am not the only one that knows abed mahfouz. He will get his due credit

8. MaryJane April 2, 2012 at 15:25 #

I think she looks so cheap! I don’t like the dress at all, it looks like something a local beauty pageant contestant would wear. And as for the shoes… ugh, it looks like something a local stripper would wear.

• molly April 2, 2012 at 22:14 #

Amen! Carrie is 29 years old and that is far to old to be wearing prom dresses on the red carpet.

9. Ramsay April 2, 2012 at 15:29 #

Totally agree with you FC – she is doing the same thing over and over again and it’s never bad, never really good, just safe but repetitive

10. Christine April 2, 2012 at 15:34 #

I sworn she wore this dress before!

11. robbie April 2, 2012 at 15:42 #

she looks like barbie so plastic and fake.

12. Saree April 2, 2012 at 15:50 #

Took the words right outta my mouth FC – thought it before I read it!

I don’t know about anyone else but I just can’t take her seriously for some reason. I don’t think it’s the Idol thing, cause someone like Kelly is so normal and talented, perhaps cause it is known that she has spent her career after her debut to avoid the Idol image.

Just something about Carrie on red carpets and interviews comes across so fake to me. Whilst she isn’t a “poser” she is up there with Lea Michele where I tend to skip their stuff.

13. Oscar April 2, 2012 at 15:59 #

Pretty, but it’s like she has this dress in 50 versions… Maybe it is a little bit beauty pageant-ish. Hey guys, can you tell me what IMO stands for? thx.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 17:14 #

In My Opinion

14. Rebecca Z April 2, 2012 at 16:31 #

Agree she looks pretty but predictable. But not cheap.

15. Felicia April 2, 2012 at 16:51 #

Yes it looks 2005, but she actually gets away with it because she still looks flawless.

16. Amy April 2, 2012 at 17:08 #

I like Carrie but she always tends to wear the same outfit (stapless,glitter with a split).She looks lovely though

17. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 2, 2012 at 17:26 #

Too blonde, too much hair, too much makeup, all cheapening the dress to look like something from a Bridal shop window in the Midwest.

18. Tiffany Nicole April 2, 2012 at 17:42 #

For me she belongs with the Jessica Alba’s, Jennifer Lawrence’s, Paula Patton’s, and Jessica Biel’s of the world. For some reason, these stunning ladies just can’t seem to get the right style notes together in one look. It’s always something.

19. Jones19 April 2, 2012 at 17:45 #

A tad too bridal for me and the pumps are boring.

20. EmmaWoodhouse April 2, 2012 at 17:56 #

I love Carrie but this NOT a good look. The dress is kind of tacky and cheap looking, and I am SO over strapless/with/a/split.
    Her hair and makeup look a bit forced as well.

21. Yeliz April 2, 2012 at 18:45 #

Although the dress is gorgeous I can’t even like it because we’ve really seen the same look several times on Carrie. She should take more risks and do something different.

22. Aline April 2, 2012 at 19:22 #

I wish the split wasn’t so revealing, I’d like it a lot more. But she looks beautiful anyway.

23. Annel April 2, 2012 at 20:38 #

She gets lost in that perfection that ends up becoming generic boredom. But then again, she always styles herself this way so perhaps it’s just her style that’s not to everybody’s taste.

• manja April 3, 2012 at 11:30 #

Agree with you Annel

24. Lola April 2, 2012 at 20:39 #

Mizz Goldilocks mermaid princess…definetly needs to change her style.. Seriously

25. Mahima April 2, 2012 at 22:45 #

She had another choice for a dress. A variation of this Oscar de la Renta dress.

Had she worn that, I would have been more impressed.

26. J April 3, 2012 at 02:51 #

Too beauty pageant

27. Chanel April 3, 2012 at 19:49 #

Carrie is getting so boring with her dresses. It’s like you said, been there, done that – several times!
    Come on miss Underwood, show us something new for a change! Even your co-singer Taylor Swift is getting a bit of change!

28. Jess2 April 5, 2012 at 15:27 #

Same old, same old, dated and I don’t like the shoes with the colour of the dress. Sorry Carrie, you are beautiful but you can do soo much better honey!

29. Snowlion April 7, 2012 at 07:21 #

Put the trowel down and step away from the make up bag.

30. Kathy April 25, 2012 at 20:07 #

The material of the dress looks thin, in a worn-out-old-curtains kind of way. Her posture in the left picture is terrible, just making herself look short even in 4-inch heels. I also find her makeup overwhelming; the Kim Kardashian-esque spider lashes and nude lip are so overdone.