Menu

14.03.12 Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Ralph Lauren – ‘The Hunger Games’ London Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence was the golden girl once again on the red carpet tonight at the London premiere of her latest movie, ‘The Hunger Games’.

The blonde beauty wore a custom Ralph Lauren gown.

Her one-of-a-kind halter gown was hand beaded to create the perfect crocodile-skin pattern.

With a black-velvet waistband nipping her in at the waist, she styled her hair into a simple low ponytail.

Another fashion home-run or déjà vu?

Credit: Getty

Lucy Liu In Chadwick Bell - 'Detachment' New York Premiere

Lucy Liu In Chadwick Bell – ‘Detachment’ New York Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Bill Blass - 'The Hunger Games' London Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Bill Blass – ‘The Hunger Games’ London Premiere

53 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Ralph Lauren – ‘The Hunger Games’ London Premiere

1. Bailey November 11, 2014 at 01:41 #

Its nice enough but just a less memorable gold dress in comparison to her previous premiere look

2. Martina March 16, 2012 at 10:37 #

I like the look but it has a too strong déjà vu feeling for me. I liked the Prabal more cause she looked statuesque in it and I think that she should’ve chosen a different color this time. I’d love to see her in something red like the dress she has in the movie when she’s first glammed up.
    Also, my MAJOR problem with this look is her hair. I liked it in LA but here I just can’t. Those bangs look really bad and the whole hair do should’ve been more simpler. I hope she’ll grow the bangs really soon cause in my opinion they don’t suit her…

3. Alina March 15, 2012 at 13:01 #

This is great, but she should have waited some time to wear gold again.
    Maybe this dress should have been emerald?

4. Francy March 15, 2012 at 08:24 #

The dress is lovely, but the hair is terrible. I prefer her still in the Prabal Gurung dress, hands down.

• Foteini P. March 15, 2012 at 12:06 #

5. manja March 15, 2012 at 08:24 #

hair ruins it for me,Prabal was 100% better

6. Joy Taylor March 15, 2012 at 08:16 #

Nice enough dress, but you can’t wear two lame dresses back to back. Duh?

7. Raquel March 15, 2012 at 05:12 #

My problem isn’t the dress, but the hair. What a mess.

8. Natalie March 15, 2012 at 05:06 #

LOVE. this fits way better on her than the Prabal Gurung. She looks amazing. BDOTW.

9. kiwi March 15, 2012 at 04:20 #

I love the look.. the Prabal Gurung look was better

10. mattison March 15, 2012 at 03:42 #

No complaints here- she looks gorgeous. The texture of the gown is interesting enough that it doesn’t seem like a repeat of her last look and besides, I’d rather see her in a series of gold gowns than the same basic black so many stars seem to fall back on.

11. Jen March 15, 2012 at 03:07 #

meh. this one gives her uniboob.

12. Rach March 15, 2012 at 02:09 #

I think we can expect to see a lot more golds from Jennifer for the tour as it plays into the ‘Girl On Fire’ theme! And if she carries on cranking them out looking stunning, then I’m all for it!

13. lifeisdolce March 15, 2012 at 01:24 #

eh, deja vu. i get she’s trying to push a theme from the book, but she would’ve knocked it out of the park if she’d given us something completely different.

14. mandy March 15, 2012 at 00:51 #

She seemed to be really into gold these days.

15. Ramsay March 15, 2012 at 00:02 #

I like it – not sure about the hair

16. Saree March 14, 2012 at 23:52 #

I like the simplicity and elegance of the dress. Sure the gold is similar to the LA Premiere which was only 2 days ago – but it is still a nice dress and she still looks stunning, that is undeniable.

I’m here to judge what she wore instead of comparing it to something she wore previously – for THIS look, it is also worthy of BDOTW, although I do prefer the LA Premiere, probably the way she worked it and the sheer anticipation of it premiering!

• Sue Jin March 15, 2012 at 03:42 #

i couldn’t agree more with everything you said. I like both dresses. Shes just really beautiful

17. Hannah March 14, 2012 at 23:36 #

To me the dress isn’t actually that similar to the Prabal, the silhouette is slightly differetn and the colour is more tame. The thing that really would have set this look apart would have been the hair. It looks awaful here, yesterday it went withthe cool vibe of the prabal dress, but here something much sleeker was needed, either marcel waves or a deep parted laquered bun, like Rooney mara. It is like gym hair here, whoever cut her bangs needs their hari dressing license taken away (do you get hairdressing licesnes?).
    The only thing is that if she goes for gold again I will be sick of it, imn the same way I loved Rooney mara for the first few looks because it changed from look to look but now I am sick of it.

18. Jeremy March 14, 2012 at 21:54 #

She officially is going down on my list. Ever since she’s going for that minimal, body-conscious approach after the Oscar, everything has been a snooze-fest. Wish she can jazz up a little bit like she did on the Golden Globes.

19. Susan March 14, 2012 at 20:52 #

deja vu

20. jane March 14, 2012 at 20:27 #

I love the optical illusion created by the skirt portion of her dress; it makes her look like she’s disappearing from the knees down. Girl needs to get her hair together: that’s three strikes of bad 80’s mall hair too many for me.

21. Parvati March 14, 2012 at 20:25 #

The outfit itself is very nice, but it feels like “deja-vu” for me.

22. Anna March 14, 2012 at 20:09 #

1993 called and it wants its gown back.

23. asherlev1 March 14, 2012 at 20:01 #

I like it! I can’t really be mad because I think all this gold and bronze may be a play on the “Girl on Fire” theme.

24. Yeliz March 14, 2012 at 19:54 #

She do looks great but it’s definitely déjà vu. I loved everything about the Prabal Gurung look and I can’t chose this one over it because it’s too much gold in two days and not as dramatic and leading-lady-like as the Prabal Gurung gown.
    I think Elizabeth was more likely the focus at this premiere.

25. Alyssa March 14, 2012 at 19:36 #

I like the gold theme! I think she’s trying to re-create an idea in the book… When her character is introduced to the public she’s dressed in a gown that somehow emits flames and from there she’s called “the girl who was on fire.” And I think these gold metallic gowns have a similar feeling.

26. Paddy M March 14, 2012 at 19:32 #

She’s way too good at this thing. I’m in love.

27. Victória Mora da Silva March 14, 2012 at 19:31 #

For me, is a dejá vu.Not thta she doesn’t look pretty, its just that is almost the same thing what she wore in L.A.She’s a it girl and everybody wants to dress her!This is her time to shine and do more bold things!

28. Nina March 14, 2012 at 19:28 #

She’s rather bland, not even the greatest dress would look that interesting in her. Honestly, I prefer looking through Rooney Mara’s choices, and I sure ain’t no fan of her style. Rooney’s quite boring but Jennifer is just… bland.

29. Eliza March 14, 2012 at 19:26 #

She looks amazing. Again, that gold is perfect with her skin tone and for the movie. Looks like she could be up twice for BDOTW!

30. M. March 14, 2012 at 19:26 #

Well, she is “the girl on fire” in the books so it’s a nice reference to her role in the movies. Very meta of her. I think I have a girl crush on her.

PS Hair should improve a bit

31. jo March 14, 2012 at 19:20 #

way better than the previous one but I still don’t like her hair.

32. Tati M March 14, 2012 at 19:18 #

Completely déjà vu. She has some many choices. Why she didn’t change the color?

33. Luciana March 14, 2012 at 19:17 #

déjà vu
    Big NO.

34. Ade March 14, 2012 at 19:15 #

I much prefer this look, it looks cleaner, she looked like a solid gold dancer in the Prabal Gurung.

35. tiffany nicole March 14, 2012 at 19:14 #

Homerun! not as fussy as before

36. Delphine March 14, 2012 at 19:14 #

This is “déjà vu” . The dress (and Jennifer) are beautiful but i’m gonna be tired to see Jennifer with this kind of dress. Too much ” golden girl” in two days

37. call_me_schmeg March 14, 2012 at 19:13 #

a beautiful variation on a theme. not digging the hair this time round, though. the neckline really shows off her lovely arms/shoulders.

• eliona March 14, 2012 at 20:34 #

totally agree!

38. Giuseppi Giraffe March 14, 2012 at 19:12 #

She looks great. This dress is fabulous on her.

39. CTgirl March 14, 2012 at 19:09 #

Home run!

40. Emmeline March 14, 2012 at 19:09 #

The gold is a bit of a déjà vu for me, but other than that, this is stunning. I think I’d actually choose this one over the Prabal for BDOTW.

• bm March 14, 2012 at 19:59 #

Yes, if FC wants to put Jennifer look as a BDOTW, i prefer this one over last one. Because it much smoother, the material is much elegant.

• Tina March 14, 2012 at 21:17 #

• Ancika March 15, 2012 at 10:14 #

+1 🙂

• pipsqueak March 15, 2012 at 02:05 #

I agree. A bit of a deja vu, but still a great look. I also prefer it to the Prabal gown, whose texture looked too much like foil. I’m not exactly wowed by either look, though.

41. J March 14, 2012 at 19:08 #

I’m sorry but what is up with her hair at all these events. She looks like she’s going to the gym.

• EmmaWoodhouse March 16, 2012 at 15:21 #

Haha I know! It’s not working for me and although I prefer this dress to the other one I’m not sold. Jennifer can do better.

42. Hermione Weasley March 14, 2012 at 19:07 #

She looks gorgeous but it’s way too similar to the world première look.

• Caro March 14, 2012 at 19:42 #

43. Natalie March 14, 2012 at 19:06 #

If it ain’t broke… I think the hair could have done with a bit more ooomph other than that she looks shmoking hot.