Glenn Close In Zac Posen – 2012 Oscars

Glenn Close gave many young starlets a run for their money on the red carpet at the 2012 Oscars, held in LA this evening.

She wore a Zac Posen Fall 2012 gown which was recently presented during New York Fashion Week.

Her forest green strapless gown with floral embroidered details was teamed with a matching blazer with wide satin lapels.

In the battle of the over 60s, Glenn wins over Meryl.

Do you agree?

A Judith Leiber clutch and Bulgari jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

42 thoughts on “Glenn Close In Zac Posen – 2012 Oscars

1. Leti

She looks amazing! I love that she’s showing off her figure and wearing a color. Not only does she win the battle of the over sixties, but she’s one of my favorites of the night.

2. Hannah

Love lvoe love. The fabric is not my favourite, at all, but she really makes this look. She isn’t very tall, but she is so utterly statuesque, which is what ruined Rooney’s look for me.
    It’s so unexpected, but so in tune with her style, and what’s more is jus thwo she looks. Her pose and just general demeanor is delicious. It is diva, ut subtle. Fabulous, definiteily one fo my favourites of the night.

3. pipsqueak

I’m not sure. The ensemble looked a bit too much on TV. Glenn is also a tad too short to pull it off nice. The jacket and the gown didn’t go together well. Her jacket is like Jennifer Hudson’s shrug – redundant – the year Jennifer won for Dream Girls. I think Meryl looked slightly better in comparison.

1. EmmaWoodhouse

WOW! She looks fabulous and so regal. Wonderful choice to add the blazer–in my opinion this is the best she has ever looked! Meryl who? (haha)

4. Carolina

I love how pleased with herself she looks :). On someone else, her demeanor would be overmuch, but on Close, I’ll buy it. It’s just that her humor and class shine right through -and look at her sexy stance! Rock on.

5. Carolyn

Glenn looks fantastic and I love that she added the blazer to the dress. However, I think she and Meryl have such different styles that it isn’t fair to compare the two. Glenn is all hot and sexy and Meryl is bohemian and funky…totally different!

6. Emerico

The next time any of the older actresses ever feel that their age is an impediment to them experimenting and looking all va-va-voom on the red carpet, they need to look at this photo of Glenn, and then bring the glamour.

Now I kind of want to see a female-bonding movie about three sexy, feisty, fierce older women starring her, Helen Mirren and Susan Sarandon.

7. Katharine

Glenn looks sensational : this must be one of her best ever appearances on a red carpet (admit my expectations were low, happy to be wrong).

8. laura D

I love this dress, and think it’s not only a stunning fit, but love how it’s a bit of a nod to the character she’s nominated for.

9. Camille

I loved this on her. I thought it was sexy and classy. For those hating the blazer, women of a certain age and even women who are a bit plump really prefer to cover their arms and I thought the blazer was a great way of acheiving this. Glenn is still a gorgeous sexy woman and she rocked this look.