Taylor Swift In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2012 Grammy Awards

Taylor Swift arrived on the red carpet at the 2012 Grammy Awards wearing in yet another nude, sparkly gown.

That said, Taylor did show off some variety in her Zuhair Muard Fall 2011 Couture gown, with a high neckline which we haven’t seen before on the strapless-gown-loving singer.

Her cap-sleeved gown featured intricate gold and rose-gold beading, plus a flowing train.

The most unexpected part of the ensemble was Taylor’s hair and makeup.

While she usually opts for a signature look of tight curls and red lips on the carpet, Taylor showed off a polished ballerina bun and neutral makeup.

I know this won’t be popular, but I love the look.

Credit: ZuhairMuard.com & Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Nicki Minaj In Versace - 2012 Grammy Awards

Nicki Minaj In Versace – 2012 Grammy Awards

67 Responses to Taylor Swift In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2012 Grammy Awards

1. cara February 13, 2012 at 03:48 #

i love it, something different and refreshing! she looks great!

• Patricia February 13, 2012 at 04:06 #

Completely agree. It wasn’t this what we were asking for.

My only complaint would be the dress is too long.

2. kelly February 13, 2012 at 03:49 #

She looks gorgeous!

3. HC February 13, 2012 at 03:50 #

Well, for me, this can’t be just a BDOTW. This is absolutely a BDOTY worth look!

• EmmaWoodhouse February 13, 2012 at 12:37 #

BDOTY! I agree–this is fabulous. One of the best (if not THE BEST) looks Taylor’s ever had! I love how she changed up the hair, and even though the dress is gold and sparkly it’s very fashion-forward, I think!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!

• Jones19 February 13, 2012 at 13:02 #

BDOTY indeed. Taylor has never looked better!

4. Nicole February 13, 2012 at 03:50 #

This is my favorite of the night. I love that she stayed true to her style (bedazzled), but tried something new. I’m loving the sleek hair as anything else would have detracted from the dress. LOVE

5. TeaAtTwo February 13, 2012 at 03:51 #

I’m in the like camp – I said ‘OMG’ in my head when I saw this look. It feels like a real departure from her usual repertoire. Maybe those Vogue stylist put some new fashion ideas in her head when she did that shoot.

6. Erin February 13, 2012 at 03:51 #

Ahh, I was waiting for you to post this! I’m never being a fan of her looks, but the moment I saw this outfit I was shocked. She looked like the young woman she is, finally. Love it.. BDOTW?

7. moja31 February 13, 2012 at 03:52 #

on the one hand i think she looks great, on the other, she reminding me an awful lot of a a gymnast or a figure skater. she also looks unusually frail, she’s always been slender but she looks a little odd here, maybe it’s the slicked back hair.

8. Martin February 13, 2012 at 03:53 #

Pretty, uninspired but pretty. Super-heavy Alexander McQueen S/S 2012 influence in this gown, but I must admit that I do love the high neckline and the cap sleeve. Nice to see her at least attempting to give us something new on the red carpet.

9. Giuseppi Giraffe February 13, 2012 at 03:53 #

Oh! Nice change Taylor Swift! I’m thinking the dress- which is gorgeous by itself- doesn’t seem to flatter her figure, although that could just be this picture. She looks a bit shapeless here, but the hair and makeup are such an improvement. She looks grown up and tasteful.

10. bee7 February 13, 2012 at 03:56 #

she’s surprised me with the hair and make up (no red lippie and extreme cat-eyes!) but the gown isnt doing her any justice because she seems like she has no waist

11. Lani Lye February 13, 2012 at 03:58 #

Taylor looks stunning in this gown. One of my favorite looks of the night!

12. molly February 13, 2012 at 03:58 #

I love it. Even though its not really a suprise, she was still probably the most daring of the night. The bead work on this gown is incredible, and her hair and makeup are flawless. Not a curl or red lip in sight!

13. Li February 13, 2012 at 04:01 #

I love this dress. The more sophisticated and structured look is a welcome change from Taylor’s usual princess looks and it suits her beautifully. Plus, absolutely stunning dress.

14. Rebecca Z February 13, 2012 at 04:01 #

I agree–she looks wonderful–more grown up and sophisticated

15. Fashion Critic February 13, 2012 at 04:06 #

Wow…I’m pleasantly surprised you all love it.

I thought I was the only one

16. let February 13, 2012 at 04:06 #

it’s nicole kidman’s dress!

17. Amber February 13, 2012 at 04:07 #

I love it! It’s still sparkly, but it’s sophisticated sparkly. It’s nice to see her try something different.

18. mandy February 13, 2012 at 04:10 #

I want the curls back ! Anyway this gown is stunning but rather McQueen-ish, no?

19. Eve February 13, 2012 at 04:14 #

I like the dress, but I almost think that it needs someone with broader shoulders to pull this off. It looks somewhat shapeless on Taylor, particularly the top. Love her new hair and makeup though. Overall, good try, but I am not impressed.

• MissMarlboroLites February 13, 2012 at 16:40 #

I have to agree, I think it needs a figure with broader shoulders to carry this off. Moving in the right direction though!

20. Sea February 13, 2012 at 04:25 #

Love the Mandarin collar. This is my fave look!

21. Jessica February 13, 2012 at 04:26 #

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! When I saw it, I thought she looks so different but in a marvellous way. I think this is the best dressed tonight and probably of the week! Thanks for the great coverage as always!!

22. Ariel February 13, 2012 at 04:27 #

The border on the bottom/hem reminds me of Versace! Love the gold detailing! Taylor Swifts best look ever!

23. Harrison February 13, 2012 at 04:33 #

I just wish the hem was a few inchies shorter or taylor a few inchies taller… The we have perefection

24. yazz February 13, 2012 at 04:34 #

in this dress she looks like nicole kidman

25. Dirk February 13, 2012 at 04:38 #

I was totally convinced it was McQueen when i saw it. But its different (somewhat) and she looks good in it.

But Kidman would’ve killed–no, murdered– this dress though.

26. katie February 13, 2012 at 04:40 #

McQueen copy.

27. MEME February 13, 2012 at 04:44 #

For once… I wasn’t bored wit’ her look….

28. AuntieChrist February 13, 2012 at 04:46 #

This has to be a BDOTW for me.. She looked great at the red carpet.. i love the dress..

29. liz February 13, 2012 at 04:58 #

Favorite of the night!!! Getting an oriental/versace/mcqueen vibe. I think that Vogue experience did her well. The gown is sorta long on her which is odd because she’s so tall!

30. Natalie February 13, 2012 at 05:20 #

Favorite of the night. She looked amazing, old-school amazing. BDOTW contender for sure. I probably will remember this dress for the rest of the year, possibly. Looked very McQueen to me, initially.

31. Angela February 13, 2012 at 05:30 #

I LOVE her and this gown! It looks like her style is maturing but still has the fun, fresh taste of a young girl (the glitter)!!

32. clsmedley February 13, 2012 at 05:49 #

I don’t care for this on her. She wasn’t wearing the dress-it was wearing her. Though I like the change in hair/makeup, the whole look reminds me of Nicole Kidman-pretty but stiff.

33. Orchee February 13, 2012 at 05:58 #

If I squint, I can convince myself this is Carrie Underwood.
    (if it weren’t for the hair style, that is both un-Taylor and un-Carrie)

34. roxana February 13, 2012 at 06:53 #

WHAT A GREAT CHANGE!

35. Jess2 February 13, 2012 at 08:09 #

This is an amazing look for Taylor and definitely BDOTW worthy. It is a new and fresh look for her and she looks stunning.

36. Fede February 13, 2012 at 09:23 #

I hate this look! I think she always looks like a 50 years old woman!

37. robbie February 13, 2012 at 09:47 #

gorgeous dress but i wish someone else was wearing, someone who could work some sex appeal and not the “little princess” vibe she always gives off.

38. CreoleLady February 13, 2012 at 09:49 #

The back of the gown was even better than the front for me. Home run for Swift. Although I’m not a fan, I enjoyed her performance of Mean – and I think she enjoyed sticking it to her detractors on the big Grammy stage as well, lol.

39. Slash February 13, 2012 at 11:38 #

The only problem I hane with this dress is the deja vu moment. Looking at this I instantly came up with Alexander McQueen and the dress Florence W wore quite some time ago. Otherwise, this is + for Taylor, finally a change.

40. Nat February 13, 2012 at 11:39 #

I love the dress but I think it falls flat on her. It looks a lot better in the runway pic.

41. Alina February 13, 2012 at 12:57 #

I absolutely HATE this dress on her.

42. Carolina Roq February 13, 2012 at 13:06 #

A good change for her.

43. vivi February 13, 2012 at 13:16 #

The dress is so Cheongsam! Love it at the first sight!

44. olivia February 13, 2012 at 13:31 #

Sorry, but I don’t think she has the personality to pull of this look. This dress looks like a longer version of a skater costume on her, when on the right person it could be a total kill. I like that she tried something new, but I just can’t get on board with this

45. jas February 13, 2012 at 13:57 #

best i’ve seen her look for a longgg time

46. jK February 13, 2012 at 14:29 #

Yes, yet another nude, sparkly gown, but the back was the surprise.
    It’s beautiful.
    Please post a pic of the back, FC!

47. Mia February 13, 2012 at 14:51 #

the dress is beautiful, but when you see her, you see the dress, not her. This dress is for someone that has better posture and a more majestic presence. This is an oscar dress, not a grammys dress. she should have gone with a more playful choice.

48. kiwi February 13, 2012 at 15:05 #

beautiful.. love the make up and hair. but its too long

49. GGGGGGGG February 13, 2012 at 16:15 #

Taylor Swift with out her signature curls, red lip, and cutsy dress ^0^. God has answered my prayers. Definitely the best dressed of the night. I have to see more of this Tyalor Swift.

50. Michelle February 13, 2012 at 17:12 #

She looks really good!

51. Anj February 13, 2012 at 18:02 #

The dress is definitely beautiful but it doesn’t look good on her. It leaves her flat in the bust and waist and although the back was daring, the too low cut just made her bottom look sagging. I also don’t understand why she lined the dress. That sounds harsh but as much as I love the dress, I can’t help feeling like she was playing dress up in mom’s closet.
    Kudos on changing up the hair though.

52. Hisadora February 13, 2012 at 19:45 #

Best dressed of the night for sure. She looks picture perfect!!!

53. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 13, 2012 at 20:34 #

Quite wonderful, head to toe.

54. Parvati February 13, 2012 at 21:07 #

It’s a cute look. Not great, but I like that she finally opted for something different – in dress, hair and make-up.

55. Tiffany Nicole February 13, 2012 at 21:32 #

she looks more like someone who uderstands who she is and how to express that in fashion. Whereas before she always look well-styled, however repetitive.

56. Sonya February 13, 2012 at 22:07 #

Yuck! Her head looks tiny and in the long shot she looks like Kristen Bell, who is tiny in general.

57. Hannah February 13, 2012 at 22:48 #

I know I have a serious fashion grudge over Taylor’s samey style, but this was perfection. I always get irritated that she wears gowns that almost anyoen else could wear, but not this. I ahve to say I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed at the photos, she looks INCREDIBLE on E! Live from the red carpet, if you ahven’t seen it, watch it jsut for that. I love the hair, but hte makeup isn’t working well for me, somethign about the eye makeup just isn’t flattering on her, but I love her lips. Also, the earrings are a bit old for her.

58. Lily February 14, 2012 at 03:46 #

This is a Chinese qipao (or called “cheongsam”) design, with the collar and the cap sleeves. There are many Chinese symbols on the gown. Taylor Swift looks awesome in it.

• Errun February 14, 2012 at 15:56 #

Actually it’s Cheongsam inspired look which by the way Zuhair Murad had shown long before McQueen..so please guys stop calling it a copy and give the designer his due credit!! The sad thing about fashion is that the more popular designer gets the credit even if a less popular one does it first..

59. serenissima7 February 14, 2012 at 17:26 #

i love this! why didn’t you think people are going to like it, fc? everything about this look is right… the fresh, dewy makeup (as opposed to the inexplicably vampy red lip she normally wears), the unique neckline of the dress, the hair.. it all works. BODTW-worthy

• Fashion Critic February 14, 2012 at 17:50 #

Because people tend to dislike everything she wears

60. Jazz February 14, 2012 at 17:58 #

:o !!! I was shocked to see this look from Taylor! I can’t stand the girl myself but I must say she looks fabulous!

61. S0_fly February 17, 2012 at 02:22 #

looks better on the model imo