03.02.12 Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Maria Lucia Hohan – ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island’

Vanessa Hudgens brightened up the tropical jungle that was the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in LA last night for the West Coast premiere of her latest movie, ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island’.

She was very much the belle of the ball wearing a canary-yellow Maria Lucia Hohan gown which looked glorious against her olive complexion.

The strapless silk mousseline gown is one of her best red carpet looks to date and most definitely a BDOTW contender.

Soft curls, oversized gold statement earrings, a stack of gold bracelets, a diamond encrusted ring and a black clutch with gold hardware including a tiger-head clasp for an added jungle-esque touch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

David Beckham for H&M Bodywear Launch

David Beckham for H&M Bodywear Launch

Sidewalk Style - Sarah Jessica Parker's Ferragamo Bag

Sidewalk Style – Sarah Jessica Parker’s Ferragamo Bag

33 Responses to Vanessa Hudgens In Maria Lucia Hohan – ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island’

1. Em February 3, 2012 at 23:02 #

lovely! best she’s looked in a while. i’m digging this hair length on her.

2. Reem February 3, 2012 at 23:09 #

Everything would be fine if she would just STOP with that stupid pout.

• Ashley February 4, 2012 at 16:33 #

She’s not even pouting in these? Confused.

• Reem February 5, 2012 at 05:58 #

To be fair, she’s only semi-pouting in the last pic. I was looking at other pics from this premiere and it’s pout pout pout pout. She’s like the unofficial ambassador of the Pout-club.

3. Nat39 February 3, 2012 at 23:12 #

It`s certainly pretty, loving the colour on her, the floaty skirt, pretty hair, makeup, jewelry, all spot on, just don`t think she has the figure for this gown, it`s not really doing her upper body any favours.

• Carolina February 4, 2012 at 02:06 #

Agreed. As well, the back fabric matching her skin tone is a mistake. I’d prefer the fabric to match the rest of the gown. As it is, it looks like illusion netting – ill fit, at that.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 4, 2012 at 02:28 #

+1. That nude corset on the side looks bizarre.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 4, 2012 at 19:28 #

I agree with all of you! The color, skirt, hair, makeup…all good. But the bodice just looks terrible and dumpy. The nude corset ruined for me.

4. Reem February 3, 2012 at 23:13 #

FC, I am surprised you think this is a BDOTW contender. The dress looks strange on her… perhaps because she’s short and it wears her more than she wears it. It also doesn’t quite fit on top. The color is beautiful but that’s about it. I’m not on board with this ensemble at all. She needs a new stylist asap!

• Slc February 4, 2012 at 01:53 #

On a second glance it does look a bit strange. Something probably to do with her height. I think perhaps the photos don’t do it much justice since she standing on a brown carpet… what the?!

Being a nice dress, I think it appears a little too dressy for a premiere of a kids movie.

5. Michelle February 3, 2012 at 23:21 #

How did her hair get so long so fast. Its too bad she’s letting it grow out. The first few times I don’t think she had the styling down but she was starting to get the hang of it.

Regardless, she looks great.

6. smolls February 3, 2012 at 23:34 #

I think she looks fabulous!! Probably one of her best looks IMO. BDOTW for sure!

Also, I think her body looks fantastic in this dress – to say she doesn’t have the figure for this gown seems a little ridiculous to me…maybe everyone is too used to seeing an emaciated size -2 everywhere…geez, this girl is tiny as is.

• Reem February 5, 2012 at 09:28 #

I can’t speak for anyone else, but when I said it was the wrong fit I didn’t mean she was out of shape or too big for this gown. In fact, she looks like she’s drowning in this gown… she doesn’t have the height to pull it off and her chest is quite small so the top portion of the gown looks strange on her. Her body is fine… she could have picked a million other dresses that would have flattered her figure.

7. robbie February 3, 2012 at 23:43 #

gorgeous dress, the colour look fantastic on her.

8. Bethany Charming February 3, 2012 at 23:56 #

Loving the bright yellow dress trend!

9. Andrada February 4, 2012 at 00:37 #

Lovely!

10. lu February 4, 2012 at 01:17 #

I think she looks beautifull, especially since I don´t like what she wears most of the time so it´s a great improvement. I´m not conviced about the top, it´s not very flattering on her, and the “sheer” panel is too visible. But the colour is beautifull on her as her hair and makeup so I like the look overall.

11. Fiona February 4, 2012 at 01:49 #

This dress has been worn a few times now in different colours, this colour doesn’t look so good and the flesh-coloured side and back sections looks very costumey to me.

12. asherlev1 February 4, 2012 at 02:14 #

Everything is always….so MUCH with her. Nicole Richie does the Bohemian thing so well, but Vanessa just looks bogged down. I don’t hate this as much as I did when I first saw it, but I wish she would go for cleaner silhouettes and more minimalist palettes.

13. Shaina February 4, 2012 at 02:22 #

She looks beautiful! The hair and makeup look fantastic and this color is DIVINE on her. BDOTW worthy for me too.

14. annii February 4, 2012 at 03:09 #

gorgeous! her skin looks flawless and she looks so good! i really like her dress

15. Jones19 February 4, 2012 at 03:54 #

Funny that Anita Briem, star of the first Journey movie, also wore a canary yellow to the premiere of her movie. I like this gown on Vanessa but the flesh colored side panels or whatever that is is just bad.

16. ria February 4, 2012 at 04:27 #

Wow definitely a BDOTW contender!!!!

17. Aline February 4, 2012 at 04:32 #

Oh I love everything about this look. Yellow definitely is her color and the hair length perfectly frames her face.

18. bee7 February 4, 2012 at 05:54 #

The best she is looked on red carpet in quite a while. Thecolour is gorgeous against her skin and I love her clutch. but I think we have seen her in this kind of floaty gown many times before.

19. Alina February 4, 2012 at 06:24 #

Beautiful. I agree that this is BDOTW contender.

20. Jess2 February 4, 2012 at 06:33 #

Love her hair at this length and she looks gorgeous!! I wouldn’t say she is a BDOTW nominee for me but she still looks great!! I have really been enjoying the yellow dresses on the carpet recently

21. Cheryl February 4, 2012 at 07:08 #

The angle on the second photo is just not doing her any favors. The flesh toned fabric designed to give an illusion of backlessness on the dress is just hideous and bunches when she puts her hand on her waist. For the first time in a long time I don’t agree with FC on BDOTW. :(

• Martin February 4, 2012 at 12:17 #

Totally agree. Whilst from the waist down the dress looks fine, there is something horribly wrong with the bodice and the sheer panel on the side. Unttractive and completely unflattering.

22. Rahel February 4, 2012 at 13:14 #

I don’t like it because it makes her look huge. Beside that I don’t get the design of bodice.

23. Fiona February 4, 2012 at 15:31 #

The dress is gorgeous, and her whole look is flawless, I just felt it was a litte OTT for a premiere, it felt more Oscar/Golden Globe worthy than just a premiere, felt a litte try hard.

24. Angela February 4, 2012 at 22:11 #

I love the dress and the nude backing of it!!! She looks good in it, but she’s gained weight…that’s why the back of it isn’t very flattering for her body.

25. Hannah February 8, 2012 at 17:53 #

I literally only just realised that Stacy Keibler wore this gown a while ago.