Emily Blunt In Oscar De La Renta – 2012 SAG Awards

Emily Blunt took to the red carpet at the 2012 SAG Awards, wearing a colour we saw a lot of during Couture Fashion Week: green.

Her jade chiffon one-shoulder gown with a thigh-high split from the Oscar de la Renta Resort 2012 collection loses its joie de vie on the red carpet.

A Swarovski clutch, statement jewelry and Jimmy Choo ‘Linda’ sandals accessorized her look.

I loved the coral lip colour, but the hairstyle was a tad matronly.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Natalie Portman In Giambattista Valli Couture - 2012 SAG Awards

Natalie Portman In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2012 SAG Awards

18 Responses to Emily Blunt In Oscar De La Renta – 2012 SAG Awards

1. gurlygurl January 30, 2012 at 05:12 #

I don’t know what it is but on Emily this dress looks like someone tried to copy the runway version. It just doesn’t have the same drape or movement. On the runway it looks expensive, exotic and sexy… on Emily it’s a bit plain. Having said that Emily is so beautiful and the color works for her. I doubt she would have worn a split as high as the runway version but it’s a shame so much of the dress’ original beauty is lost.

• CreoleLady January 30, 2012 at 14:18 #

+1, I noticed this difference in drape too . I wondered if the dress was too tight. Love the color but can’t get past the hair.

• Snowlion February 8, 2012 at 19:14 #

Agreed, looks just like a copy!

2. Nat39 January 30, 2012 at 05:14 #

Do like the colour, the flowy skirt and the pretty accessories. Awful hair, unflattering silhouette, silly bow. Not liking it overall.

3. molly January 30, 2012 at 05:17 #

This was one of my favorites of the night. That color is absolutely fantastic. I agree with you on her hair though, and like Jessica Chastain, the dress looked better on tv.

4. Bea January 30, 2012 at 05:18 #

This doesn’t look like the same dress. The draping is much tighter on Emily’s torso and down her hips. It’s not nearly as flattering. Dare I say, it looks like a cheaper version of the runway dress. She would have looked much better with her hair down.

5. Aline January 30, 2012 at 05:24 #

The dress looked much better on TV. Either way, I love it. The color looks great on her. And after so many grey dresses, it was quite refreshing to see a pop of color on my screen.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 30, 2012 at 13:04 #

+1. Made me smile. Loved the lip color choice.

• Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:21 #

• Michelle January 30, 2012 at 17:50 #

The colour was easy to spot during the actual ceremony and whenever there was a crowd shot, it was nice to see that great shot of green. That said, I think this gown is just awful. It just screams 1990s prom. Picture that silhouette in a pink or a purple and you have prom. Strangely, I couldn’t believe this was Oscar De La Renta, until I saw the runway picture here. That gown looks very Oscar, but Emily’s, umm, no.

6. Tina January 30, 2012 at 05:47 #

Hair looks like the one she sported in one of her films, Young Victoria. Very aging. And the neckline of the dress should be lower for a more natural silhouette.

7. bianca January 30, 2012 at 12:14 #

with that hair styling she looks like a man.and she does not do justice to the dress like the model does

8. anna January 30, 2012 at 12:23 #

omg, this was my favourite look of the night. I’m actually surprised people don’t seem to like it.

9. Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 13:39 #

It doesn’t look as good as the runway version, what happened to the draping? That color is stunning though.

10. Hannah January 30, 2012 at 14:32 #

I do’t lke the draping on it on her, I eel like it looks better a bit mroe loose as on the runway, but I love her accessories, though the hair is inexplicable.
    The smile is also lovely, to me it says something along the lines of Lea Michele wanting the dress, but Emily getting it instead. Grim satisfaction.

11. Katey January 30, 2012 at 14:38 #

My favourite of the night excepte Emma Stone.

12. Amber January 30, 2012 at 23:10 #

I liked this when I saw it on her, but when you compare it to the runway version it looks like a bad knock-off.

13. Jess2 February 2, 2012 at 08:25 #

The runway dress is amazing with the draping and detail and while I don’t like Emily’s version as much she still looks gorgeous and I love the colour on her