Cameron Diaz In Valentino – Valentino Spring 2012 Couture Presentation

Cameron Diaz attended the Valentino Spring 2012 Couture presentation in Paris yesterday, which closed Couture Fashion Week.

She of course wore a look from Valentino’s Spring 2012 collection.

Whilst I love the white floral lace button-down dress, its more Elle Fanning or Alexa Chung than Cameron Diaz.

I have been a long-time campaigner for Cameron to show off her legs more often, but after a succession of mature looks this week, this feels very out of sync.

Nude Christian Louboutin pumps and a Valentino clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

Stéphane Rolland Spring 2012 Couture

Stéphane Rolland Spring 2012 Couture

26 Responses to Cameron Diaz In Valentino – Valentino Spring 2012 Couture Presentation

1. Kennedy January 26, 2012 at 13:56 #

Stunning but hate the bloody hair.

2. Alina January 26, 2012 at 14:09 #

I agree that this is a little too young for her.

• Emi January 26, 2012 at 14:31 #

Yes, it’s sad to say but this dress is for someone younger, it’s too girlie. Why aging is such a terrible thing?

• Alina January 26, 2012 at 17:23 #

I think aging is a great thing when you do it gracefully -> you accept it and you don’t act like you’re 20 years younger.

3. fashion~lover January 26, 2012 at 14:10 #

This dress is one of my favorites from the Valentino spring collection. I’m just wondering, why has Cameron Diaz started to attend all those Couture shows this year?

• Fashion Critic January 26, 2012 at 14:36 #

She has a Couture shoot in Paris with InStyle US.

4. Nat39 January 26, 2012 at 14:55 #

way too young for her, more mature chic looks work best for her. Wouldn`t wanna see this short girlie dress on Alexa Chung either, she should start opting for longer chic ensembles as well.

5. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2012 at 15:25 #

I would love this on Elle but it’s just not right for Cameron.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 26, 2012 at 16:01 #

+1, though I love the dress. Im beginning to feel like Cameron is parading around in costume. None of this feels true to her “style” (if you can call it that).

6. Faellie January 26, 2012 at 16:49 #

I’m going to disagree, as I think Cameron looks grown-up and elegant in this. It’s well past time she dropped the Hollywood starlet version of glamour and/or the surfer girl looks on the red carpet, and this does that.

• Jones19 January 26, 2012 at 20:04 #

Agreed, this is not too young for her at all, she looks great.

• Snowlion February 8, 2012 at 19:56 #

Agree. I’m also like her hair with this dress.

7. karen January 26, 2012 at 19:11 #

I totally disagree with many of you. I think Cameron looks fantastic. She looks fresh. Her hair goes with this look. It’s a different look than she’s been wearing the past few days which is why I like it even more…..variety works on her.

8. marina January 26, 2012 at 20:58 #

It is longer than what she usually wears in every event. She usually shortens her skirts, so it is not too bad. She is not even 40, and it is a nice dress, Similar in style to a Chloe(?) short dress worn by Aniston, Meg Ryan and J. Garner, so it is in the age range.

• Nat39 January 27, 2012 at 00:09 #

“She is not even 40″…love that :) !
      It´s not about the length really, had it been a sexy LBD, would´ve been a different story. It´s the style of the dress that clashes with her overall very mature “rougher” appearance. All the celebs. that you´ve mentioned have a lot softer appearances compared to Cameron´s even if they are in the same/similar age group.

• marina January 27, 2012 at 20:17 #

Not meg ryan!

9. andrea January 26, 2012 at 21:26 #

I think this dress is a nice departure from what we’re used to. I completely disagree with the comments about this dress being too young, to me its more “Sunday Brunch”, which brings to mind an older group of women.

10. Laura Brice January 26, 2012 at 22:57 #

The hair makes her look 20 years younger, absolutely gorgeous. She looks divine

11. Jess January 26, 2012 at 23:52 #

she looks gorgeous! I love the new hair and think the dress is age appropriate….she certainly still has the legs for it

12. mattison January 27, 2012 at 02:15 #

I’ve always liked Cam. I do find myself wishing her hair was even shorter to really make something this cutesy work, but I’m definitely intrigued by her choices lately and looking forward to more from her!

13. thebeautyphilosopher January 27, 2012 at 03:23 #

No, I love this look on her. I think the pointy ladylike heels give it the mature chic element it needs for someone older than Elle Fanning et al.

14. Lee January 27, 2012 at 03:59 #

I love her in this dress, I think it’s a great length. The style isn’t really young either, no puffy sleeves or bows or empire waist or any such thing. I don’t like the color of her hair but I’m glad it’s straightened.

15. Dhppy January 27, 2012 at 07:00 #

I really like this look on Cameron. It’s a welcome departure for her.

16. Manja January 27, 2012 at 08:51 #

love it,cute and stylish

17. Katie January 27, 2012 at 16:47 #

Its just not her style though, the dress is cute!

18. bianca January 29, 2012 at 11:34 #

I love this look, it’s something refreshing, compared to the other looks she’s been sporting lately…