Menu

September 22, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Miley Cyrus Performs In Mugler For The 2020 iHeart Festival

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Miley Cyrus Performs In Mugler For The 2020 iHeart Festival 2020

After Miley Cyrus’ red carpet look at the 2020 MTV Video Music Awards, I didn’t know she could present a more naked look.

Clearly I under estimated her, as she wore her most naked(-ish) look to date for 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival which aired in the US on Saturday (September 19).

Miley Cyrus Performs In Mugler For The 2020 iHeart Festival 2020

Her performance was iconic as she belted out  Blondie’s classic hit “Heart of Glass” before following up with her recent Mark Ronson collaboration “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart,” so she needed an iconic look to match, right?

I want to say that I dislike this black sheer bodysuit from the Mugler Fall 2020 collection, but I don’t. Quite the opposite. I love it.

Half of the beauty of wearing a look like this is having both the body and attitude to make it work.  Miley has both, so I’m not offended by this at all.

Some might think this is vulgar, but I would like to direct you back to her 2015 MTV Awards looks and say that all of those were infinitely worse.

I don’t know when it happened, but I’m really digging Miley’s whole vibe at the moment.

Credit: Courtesy of Mugler & Vogue.com

, , ,

The Beckham Boys In Dior Men For Victoria Beckham's Spring 2021 Presentation

The Beckham Boys In Dior Men For Victoria Beckham’s Spring 2021 Presentation

Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade Wear FEAR OF GOD Exclusively for Ermenegildo Zegna For The TIME 100 Broadcast Event

27 Responses to Miley Cyrus Performs In Mugler For The 2020 iHeart Festival

1. Hailey September 24, 2020 at 3:56 am #

I love this! She looks amazing in it and it is a perfect performance piece. Love Miley in Mugler.

2. Fanny September 23, 2020 at 8:09 pm #

I like it, it suits her somehow. Zara Larsson wore this same bodysuit in her music video a few months ago, but with a chrystal bikini worn over it:

• Catherine Kallon September 23, 2020 at 8:48 pm #

Ah yes.. it is the same. thanks for sharing. It’s interesting to see it styled differently

3. _Hannah_ September 23, 2020 at 3:35 pm #

She’s definitely got the attitude and fierceness to pull this look off. Good for her!
    And I never expected it to happen but I have to admit – I love her mullet.

4. bas September 23, 2020 at 12:23 pm #

As a performance piece It works. Still not to my taste for a red carpet, but she defenetly sells the look to me, her confidence is everything here. And for sure a huge improvement since 2015.
    All in all, not bad for her standards. Although that is not saying much quite honestly.

5. Sharon M September 23, 2020 at 12:19 pm #

Miley is a very talented woman…no question. I am not offended at all by this outfit…I don’t find it vulgar. I don’t understand why she wants to wear something like this…and stick her tongue out (thought she was done with that. No…she’s not).

I wish she wanted to get attention for her talent without the overt sexuality…but for some reason, she wants this type of attention. It is her right…but I wish she didn’t want it.

6. TeaAtTwo September 23, 2020 at 9:30 am #

For her performance piece and that a playful nonchalance is coming through rather than any thirstiness, she sells it.

7. salma September 23, 2020 at 5:58 am #

the world is officially over!!!

8. Jess September 22, 2020 at 11:27 pm #

Superstar!! This is what entertainment is about…Miley knows drama, she knows how to be risque without going down the Cardi B path. If it was ok for Cher, then it’s more than ok for Miley!

9. JHH September 22, 2020 at 11:04 pm #

I love it — she looks amazing. Boring Miley appears to be gone and thank goodness for that. Would I wear it even if I had Miley’s body and was her age? Absolutely not but I am totally here for this look. If my daughter were a 27 year old international star about to perform, I’d say go for it. It’s funny though that my daughter likes Miley and like her similarly aged cousins feels zero pressure to dress like Miley because they were not brought up to model themselves after pop stars.

10. Ms Kumar September 22, 2020 at 8:50 pm #

To say its disgusting would be an understatement. However, each to their own.

Why only cover nipple n vagina ? Is modesty only about covering them….might as well wear nothing.

• Meme September 22, 2020 at 9:04 pm #

I agree. I’m sick of young female celebs exploiting themselves for attention. Basically they are presenting themselves as a body to be ogled for the male gaze.

• Ella September 22, 2020 at 9:58 pm #

I highly doubt she cares about the male gaze. I think she looks fierce… I don’t like wearing revealing outfits myself, because I feel unconfortable in them, but it makes me so happy when a woman gets to wear whatever she likes with confidence. I find that very inspiring and I wish everyone could do this, and still feel safe and get the respect they deserve.

• Ms Kumar September 22, 2020 at 10:37 pm #

Nobody mentioned anything about empowerment here. But since you brought the subject up…let me tell you I can think of many others ways of empowering yourself…naked iant one of it. This, for me is degrading yourself…no.matter how much publicity fame or money you get from.such cheap acts.

Women or.more precisely girls of impressionable age look up to pop stars n celebs and try to emulate them. If you want to empower , try to empower in a positive manner.

I shudder to think how women will dress in another 10 years because by then this type of sheerness will be old news. Where to from.here is the important question.

We, make up the society and as such we all have an obligation to it.

This is my opinion.

• Dominos September 22, 2020 at 11:03 pm #

There’s nothing empowering about trying to dictate how other women dress – that is exactly how men try to belittle women. What is empowering to you is not the same for everyone. Personally, I find it empowering that she has been writing and performing her own songs since she was a child and her talent isn’t diminished by how she chooses to express herself through clothes. She seems confident and more importantly always has fun with clothes. Lighten up.

• Ms Kumar September 22, 2020 at 11:21 pm #

Of course no one can dictate what one wears….that’s y I initially said each to their own

And I also said that is.my opinion..

Her talent is her own n that is also not questionable.

However in.my opinion I dont find anything empowering in such distasteful clothes.

It’s nothing personal against Miley or anyone.

This cat suit is beautifully tailored n if it was lined it would have been impactful as well.

My only issue is with sheerness to such extent.

• Meme September 24, 2020 at 3:58 pm #

Amen. I pity anyone with young female teens.

• boy September 24, 2020 at 3:46 am #

you’re really showing your age here bro

11. P&p September 22, 2020 at 8:04 pm #

I absolutely love it. She looks SO hot and powerful.

• Helene September 23, 2020 at 8:21 am #

Isn’t a bit too much? Honestly…
      What is the point here?

As coco Chanel said: “ if a woman is poorly dressed, people will notice only her dress, but if a woman is impeccably dressed, it is HER that The people will notice!”

Here I think we notice only the dress…..

• P&P September 23, 2020 at 12:50 pm #

I think it would be “too much” in an award event or a press conference. But as a performance outfit for a festival that’s not so serious/formal (iHeart), I think it’s amazing.

12. Rafaela September 22, 2020 at 7:41 pm #

This picture is so sex and fierce. Love it

13. Hermoine September 22, 2020 at 7:32 pm #

I think blondie would approve so I’m on board

• Meme September 24, 2020 at 4:01 pm #

Debbie Harry didn’t dress like this.

14. Dominos September 22, 2020 at 7:24 pm #

Very 80’s Cher meets Blondie – love it!

15. James September 22, 2020 at 7:23 pm #

How does she go to the bathroom is the REAL QUESTION HERE??!!😮😮

16. Chris September 22, 2020 at 7:12 pm #

I love it as well! Love me some Mugler and she’s rocking it.