Menu

July 29, 2020

Lupita Nyong’o Wore Imad Eduso Celebrating Her 37th Birthday

For her 37th birthday, Lupita Nyong’o travelled to Lagos, Nigeria back in February.

The Oscar-winning actress was in Nigeria filming her latest project ‘Americanah,’ which is a film adaptation of the 2013 novel by the Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, for which she won the 2013 US National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction.

‘Americanah’ tells the story of a young Nigerian woman, Ifemelu, who immigrates to the United States to attend university.

It sounds very much like a role that Lupita was born to play, as it mirrors her same journey, as she was raised in Kenya, but left to attended college in US, earning a bachelor’s degree in film and theater studies from Hampshire College.

While in town, the actress got to meet the author at an event hosted in their honor.

I love that they both opted to wear the same outfit – in different colours – from Imad Eduso, who is a Lagos-based womenswear brand that has been established since September 2015.

The brands aesthetic is focused on creating classic styles using contemporary trends and colours to create versatile pieces, and I would say that this jumpsuit with the single puff sleeve is a glowing testament to their unique blending of styles.

The purple is gorgeous on Lupita.  We all know that this is a great colour for her

But I’m swooning over Chimamanda emerald look, which she styled with navy blue sandals.

Giving the choice of the two, I would bite your arm off for the emerald green one-piece.

Credit: Instagram

, , , , ,

Olivia Culpo's Mediterranean Mode In Floral Jacquemus

Olivia Culpo’s Mediterranean Mode In Floral Jacquemus

All The Looks From Beyonce's 'Black Is King' Visual Album

All The Looks From Beyonce’s ‘Black Is King’ Visual Album

12 Responses to Lupita Nyong’o Wore Imad Eduso Celebrating Her 37th Birthday

1. Maya_S August 1, 2020 at 4:10 am #

There is something very off about the fit. I can’t really put my finger on it but it is mainly the lower half of the outfits. I don’t like the silver shoes either. They should go with purple but they are just too much. So overall, not a fan of either outfit.

2. JHH July 31, 2020 at 7:26 pm #

I love the colors of the jumpsuits and both women’s beauty looks. The combination of the sliver shoes and the purple is an interesting and great choice. The tailoring and the huge one-sleeve are not great IMO but Lupita is such a transcendent beauty that she looks amazing. If the headline had said 27th birthday, I would have totally believed it.

3. Ruth July 31, 2020 at 1:25 pm #

These pictures and looks are old

Both ladies wore this outfits in February at the beginning of this year

• _Hannah_ July 31, 2020 at 1:57 pm #

Yeah, it’s even written in the first sentence of the post. But it doesn’t mean FC cannot cover it/write about it now when there are almost no red carpet events, right?

• TeaAtTwo July 31, 2020 at 2:49 pm #

4. Anastacia Ford July 31, 2020 at 11:21 am #

I’m indecisive on who’s outfit I love more. Both ladies look fabulous, sleek cuts hugging their bodies…amazing ?

5. trudy July 30, 2020 at 8:25 pm #

The tailoring of the upper part of both trousers are very weird.

6. Camilla July 30, 2020 at 4:05 pm #

This is so cute! And an amazing book. Totally totally worth digging into (and I can’t wait for the series)

7. TeaAtTwo July 30, 2020 at 10:32 am #

I love emerald/teal hue of Chimamanda jumpsuit.

8. Triton July 30, 2020 at 6:06 am #

Will you be covering the Fashion on Beyoncé’s new film? It looks like a treat for the eyes, especially the fashion. Plus Lupita, Naomi and countless others will be featured.

9. phee July 29, 2020 at 10:46 pm #

uh, this are horridly tacky. The fabric and design are just a big no.
    And that pleat? right down the middle of their crotches….is a hell no.

10. _Hannah_ July 29, 2020 at 10:36 pm #

Chimamanda! Gosh, I love her books and her clothes, always so colourful and bold 🙂
    They both look great but I too prefer Chimamanda’s emerald jumpsuit. This colour is amazing.