Menu

April 1, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Katy Perry Wore Rosie Assoulin On Instagram

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Katy Perry Wore Rosie Assoulin On Instagram

Katy Perry shared a picture of herself on Instagram – taken pre-quarantine, and pre the announcement that she’s expecting her first child with fiancé Olando Bloom – on the beautiful island of Hawaii earlier this year while filming ‘American Idol.’

When it comes to a Katy Perry look, we always expect something larger than life, with plenty flare.

She didn’t disappoint by channeling Rosie Assoulin’s whimsical mood when donning this bright red and white floral dress from the designers Resort 2020 collection.

I can’t think of a more perfect dress to wear in Oahu, Hawaii.  From the colour, to the print, and breezy vibe imbued by the cold shoulders.

There wasn’t much need to elevate the look, but as we know, Katy doesn’t do things by halves so she styled the look with Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Lilium” leather sandals featuring a red flower accessory.

Now some might find the flower a little OTT, my wish is that the main part had been white instead of black.

Otherwise this was a picture perfect look for me.

You may remember that Karen Gillan wore this same dress back in November, while promoting ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ in Mexico.

Rosie Assoulin Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

We earn a commission when you follow the link to make a purchase.

Shop the look

, , , ,

Victoria Beckham's Stunning Vogue Mexico Cover

Victoria Beckham’s Stunning Vogue Mexico Cover

Monique Lhuillier Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

Monique Lhuillier Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

9 Responses to Katy Perry Wore Rosie Assoulin On Instagram

1. TeaAtTwo April 2, 2020 at 1:11 pm #

Still love the dress shoes but those shoes feel too ‘aggressive’ to be paired with it, maybe a better descriptive needed.

2. Bee April 1, 2020 at 11:25 pm #

I’m not normally a fan but Katy looks great in this pic and she wears the dress with so much more interest than Karen Gillan did in the link. Thanks for continuing the posts.

• Catherine Kallon April 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm #

I will be here. May be not 5 days a week, as there isn’t much going on, but I will definitely be checking as many instagram accounts as I can for content.

Thanks for checking back x

3. Nat39 April 1, 2020 at 5:41 pm #

Cute! The sandals do feel like an overkill, but I can give a pass for overall summer flowery flair.

4. pheephee April 1, 2020 at 4:24 pm #

I love the dress. so perfect for an island look.
    The hair is even fab. Love the wavy bob.
    The only thing are those shoes. They are all wrong with dress. the black color plus the straps are too high on the leg for that length dress.

• Catherine Kallon April 2, 2020 at 12:01 am #

I see you points. If the dress had been shorter like BettyB said, perhaps the shoes wouldn’t have bothersome?

5. BettyB April 1, 2020 at 3:18 pm #

I think the dress length is too long for the shoe choice. It would look better knee length-ish… It would give each piece a better opportunity to shine. I also agree w FC on changing the base color of the shoes to white. Otherwise, she looks good.

6. anonymous as always April 1, 2020 at 3:01 pm #

I think it’s one of her personal best! She looks lovely here!

• Catherine Kallon April 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm #