Menu

March 27, 2020 Best Of

Which Was Your Favourite Laura Dern Awards Season Look?

Before picking up her Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for ‘Marriage Story,’ Laura Dern had an awards season run that was full of colour and print.

You may look at this line up and see different versions of essentially the same silhouette(s), but I’m thankful that none fell into the dreaded try-hard territory.

Something that has seen me fail to warm to Laura’s style in the past.

While I love the sleekness of the Stella McCartney look at the SAG Awards, I have to say I’m torn between the luxe boho chic of her Saint Laurent at the Golden Globe Awards, and the bright orange Emilia Wickstead from the Critics’ Choice Awards.

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

Victoria Beckham's Victoria Beckham Jacket, Blouse & Trousers

Victoria Beckham’s Victoria Beckham Jacket, Blouse & Trousers

13 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Laura Dern Awards Season Look?

1. Guest March 29, 2020 at 6:27 pm #

I was divided between the 4th one and the seventh one

2. Guest March 29, 2020 at 5:48 pm #

love laura dern, but this wasn’t a great run.
    St Laurent, I guess?

3. KseniaBradner March 28, 2020 at 11:36 pm #

The Fendi Couture gown was a welcome surprise, the best. Then the watermelon Valentino Couture. The orange leather Oscar de la Renta, the printed Valentino dress, and the Saint Laurent Globes gown (even if variations of the dress had been worn before_ are very Laura. The other five are forgettable. So it’s a 50% success rate.

4. Phee phee March 28, 2020 at 4:59 pm #

this post I chose the orange overall.

5. Phee phee March 28, 2020 at 4:54 pm #

O crikey. I would just like to say that I responded to all recent posts buttttttttttt………..they all disappeared. due to the site changes.

6. Guest March 28, 2020 at 12:13 pm #

I went for the Stella McCartney. The Wickstead looks like it needed to be hemmed by an inch or two. I’m still aggrieved by the awful Armani Oscars dress. Something akin to Elle Fanning’s Armani Prive Berlinae gown should have been made for Laura.

7. Sharon M March 28, 2020 at 11:47 am #

Laura looks like that orange dress was made for her…even if it wasn’t. Her hair is also good…that was my favorite as soon as I saw it!

8. Guest March 28, 2020 at 11:29 am #

Golden Globes and Critics choice awards are my favourites. Seeing all looks together makes her run look stronger than I could remember, but it I’m glad they did not try to make her look cool or edgy, this works better for her.

9. CD_ March 28, 2020 at 3:29 am #

I would say the Saint Laurent, it really clashes against the other dresses when they’re lined up though. The Oscar dress is Armani? Yikes, thought it was Prada

10. alvarospain March 28, 2020 at 1:54 am #

The orange dress is the only one good.

11. Ksenia Bradner March 27, 2020 at 11:42 pm #

The Fendi Couture was such a marvelous surprise. The watermelon Valentino Couture was lovely. The Oscar leather look, Saint Laurent Globes gown and the cute Valentino printed dress were very Laura.

Considering these huge wins, the Oscars look and the Vanity Fair look were so boring and disappointing.

The rest are just forgettable. Five wins, five losses. 50 percent success rate. Not good.

12. Phee March 27, 2020 at 11:39 pm #

The orange Critic Choice dress. It stands out as the freshest look.

that try-hard one is pretty awful, I agree! these award season looks are safer, but also work better for her.

13. Nat39 March 27, 2020 at 11:02 pm #

The orange Emilia Wickstead at Critics Choice Awards is the only one I remembered. Rather nice overall, nothing great or memorable though.