Menu

March 23, 2020

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited an emergency call center in London on Thursday (March 19), in order to meet with staffers working around the clock to handle the influx of emergency calls due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The couple became the first royals to visit workers on the front line battling the pandemic, as Queen Elizabeth has gone into isolation which is not surprising considering she is in the “at risk” group.

With some of our beloved British retailers hanging on by a thread, while others are shutting their doors for good, Catherine’s chic, mauve-hued suit is very relevant.

Why?

Because her matching blazer and trousers is from Autograph by Marks & Spencer, which shows her support for the British brand, who has recently redeploy their staff from the clothing department, to the food department as people are panic food shopping.

The Duchess kept the rest of her look understated, choosing a simple white blouse and charcoal Hugo Boss pointed-toe pumps.

This photograph is provided under strict the conditions directed by the Press Office at Kensington Palace. This image is strictly for commenting, and not commercial reasons. RCFA has not given anyone permission to use this image.

Marks & Spencer

Credit: Adam Vallance/Kensington Palace via Getty Images

Katy Perry Wore Valentino To The Fight On Concert For Firefighters And Bushfire Victims

12 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wore Marks & Spencer For Her London Ambulance Service 111 Control Room Visit

1. Lucy Kuryliw July 20, 2020 at 4:24 am #

Yep the colour is lovely and the way the pants are hanging tight on her knees suggest some poor quality fitting pants for someone who has lots of cash there is no’s excuse.. Pay a tailor Kate and stop spending on your sausage roll hair styles your baker called and he wants his sausage back.

2. kane March 27, 2020 at 6:09 pm #

Great suit, would wear in a heartbeat

3. JR March 24, 2020 at 5:07 pm #

I think the message of supporting a British brand at this time, is actually the most important part of this.

4. SarahS95 March 24, 2020 at 1:56 am #

Don’t love the fit of the trousers but she’s still making me consider buying a mauve suit now so I”d say it is an overall win!

5. Catarina_M March 23, 2020 at 9:35 pm #

I don’t like the charcoal pumps on this outfit, but besides that, she looks very good. Office ready good.

• jane March 24, 2020 at 12:34 pm #

Couldn’t agree more!

6. Mrs Hebble March 23, 2020 at 7:50 pm #

I love this, the colour is lovely and perfectly seasonal for early spring. I always love it when I see things on the RC (ish) that I could imagine myself wearing in the office 🙂

• anonymous as always March 23, 2020 at 9:26 pm #

7. pheephee March 23, 2020 at 6:03 pm #

I really love this color. Theres something so relaxing about this look.

8. Lee Ann March 23, 2020 at 5:45 pm #

I don’t think the colour is flattering at all for her skin colour . What I find most alarming though is from the side she looked so thin but from head on her thighs look large so the fit must be really off . If they make a skinny mommy like her look large what would they do to mere mortals

9. Charlotte March 23, 2020 at 5:09 pm #

The color is lovely, it works great on her.
    The fit of the pants could have been better but that’s minor.

10. allezfred March 23, 2020 at 4:29 pm #

Why doesn’t William or any royal men ‘support’ British menswear? Not Savile row uniforms that look like hand me downs from generations but relevant brands and with message like their female counterparts? What’s the point of male royals today? If we have to see them then at least dress interesting.