Menu

Margaret Qualley Promotes ‘My Salinger Year’ At Berlinale Film Festival

Margaret Qualley 'My Salinger Year' Berlinale Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Based on a memoir by American novelist Joanna Rakoff, ‘My Salinger Year’ is set in 1995 largely in the office of a Manhattan literary agency which stars young actress Margaret Qualley.

She attended her first Berlinale Film Festival on Thursday (February 20) in Germany, where she presented two looks.

Photocall:  The first a tweed suit which see Margaret evoke a notion of Italian sophistication in Dolce & Gabbana.

The cut is traditional, as we expect from Margaret, so I love how the jacket is  punctuated with a string of floral  buttons housed in ornate gold-tone frames.

Stuart Weitzman ‘Vea’ slingbacks completed her look.

Premiere:  I’m sure you will instantly recognise this Chanel Spring 2020 Haute Couture look, mostly for the dual-colour shoes.

At first, I was wishing for a daintier shoe, especially with that delicate appliqué hemline.

But I feel the shoes add some character with this look, which we would’ve all picked from the runway for Margaret, as she does this silhouette a lot.

Chanel Spring 2020 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , ,

Lewis Hamilton Wore Dior Men To The 2020 Laureus World Sports Awards

Lewis Hamilton Wore Dior Men To The 2020 Laureus World Sports Awards

Storm Reid Wore ADEAM To The 'West Side Story' Broadway Opening Night

Storm Reid Wore ADEAM To The ‘West Side Story’ Broadway Opening Night

13 Responses to Margaret Qualley Promotes ‘My Salinger Year’ At Berlinale Film Festival

1. Guest February 22, 2020 at 5:48 pm #

Mediocre nepotism strikes again.

2. Noor February 22, 2020 at 1:36 pm #

Never was a fan of whatever she wears and never will be if she continue without giving no life to her outfit.

3. Guest February 22, 2020 at 12:51 pm #

I don’t know…maybe it is because she is SO thin, maybe because she never has any expression on her face, but she is so boring! I wish she would just close her mouth…or does she have buck teeth?

Her mother was always so animated on the Red Carpet…why does this girl look like death warmed over?

4. FromRussiaWithL February 21, 2020 at 10:00 pm #

Both looks are kinda mediocre by itself but I would like to give some credit to the irony of the offering: at first glance I thought the tweed is classic Chanel and the sundress is typically Dolce. But then I looked again and noticed the Dolce buttons placement on “Chanel” suit and pleated Chanel bodice on “Dolce”. I want to believe that was intentionally done by her stylist. Clever and subtle.

5. Guest February 21, 2020 at 7:02 pm #

The suit would look dowdy even for her mom. The premiere dress looks more, summer movie premiere or festival photocall worthy and with different shoes. She still lacks any presence on the red carpet.

6. JohnM219 February 21, 2020 at 5:46 pm #

Lifeless

7. Guest February 21, 2020 at 4:55 pm #

She needs a new stylist. She always manages to look so bland and matronly. With so many options available to her it seems like such a waste.

8. Guest February 21, 2020 at 4:16 pm #

She looks mumsy in both, the 1st one being worse than the 2nd.

9. Guest February 21, 2020 at 4:06 pm #

She literally just hangs there. No life whatsoever in her clothing… Sigh, I can’t even appreciate what she is wearing most times because its like looking at the items on a clothes hanger.

10. Phee phee February 21, 2020 at 3:49 pm #

All her photos on the rc seem so lifeless.
    The first is a lil frumpy and old for her.
    The second dress is perfect for her but those shoes are all sorts of wrong with it.

11. JR February 21, 2020 at 3:28 pm #

She has a touch of the Rooney Maras about her in the sense that she just sucks the energy out of both of those looks. No personality.

12. Paola102 February 21, 2020 at 3:03 pm #

the first look is big, dated and boring….The Chanel dress is so delicate. I am not a fan of the dual-colour shoes. I would have preferred a sandal of some sort.

13. sueno February 21, 2020 at 12:38 pm #

looks like she invaded her grandmother’s closet