Menu

February 5, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Charlize Theron attended the ‘Vanity Fair: Hollywood Calling – The Stars, The Parties and The Power Brokers’ opening event held at Annenberg Space For Photography on Tuesday (February 4) in Century City, California.

The actress has been putting her favourite French brands on heavy rotation recently, between Givenchy, Dior Haute Couture and Louis Vuitton.

I’m sure there will never be an agreement at to which suits her best (I will always lean toward Givenchy as it has more of a cutting edge), but I have been intrigued by this more frequent addition of Louis Vuitton.

On this occasion she wore a graphic knit sweater dress from the Resort 2020 collection.

The silhouette, with its cocoon sleeves isn’t the easiest to pull off, so perhaps that’s why she opted to style the look slightly differently.

Her look was of course styled with a Louis Vuitton Petite Malle clutch, and the Jennifer Connelly-style ankle boots.

Do Charlize and LV make a good match for you?

Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

2020 NAACP Image Awards Nominees Luncheon

2020 NAACP Image Awards Nominees Luncheon

Renée Zellweger Wore Olivier Theyskens To The 'Judy' Paris Premiere

Renée Zellweger Wore Olivier Theyskens To The ‘Judy’ Paris Premiere

16 Responses to Charlize Theron Wore Louis Vuitton To The Vanity Fair: Hollywood Calling Opening

1. Catarina_M February 8, 2020 at 8:46 pm #

+1. Word by word.

2. Catarina_M February 8, 2020 at 8:45 pm #

Said it once, i’m gonna say it again: LV leave Charlize alone, go away.

3. Guest February 8, 2020 at 8:49 am #

I find the dress really interesting, but annoyed with the messiness of the presentation, how she pushed up the sleeves and (minor) how it hangs over the belt. I also don’t think the clutch goes with it and the hair is aging her in this one. Grrr, it sounds like I have so many qualms with it, but actually this is a really tricky one to pull off and I would have totally seen her as one of the few doing it.

4. Guest February 7, 2020 at 6:03 am #

But she always manages to look suave and statesteque no matter what she wears!

5. Guest February 6, 2020 at 10:17 am #

Charlize’s isn’t selling the look. The ankle boots really don’t work the dress. Maybe Laura Harrier would’ve sold it a lot more.

6. Noor February 6, 2020 at 3:11 am #

It’s a fun look. Don’t have much to complain. And she’s not impressing me anymore. All her outfits have mixed thoughts. I think LV did this to her… LOL

7. KseniaBradner February 5, 2020 at 6:41 pm #

Charlize carries the brand well and I love this on her. The problem is it feels like we’ve seen this Vuitton look on 5 other people already.

8. Guest February 5, 2020 at 5:42 pm #

I think the issue is that we have seen her shutting it down at (for example) Cannes when promoting Mad Max. And she morphed into a different style through the years, she went the Emma Stone way and to be honest I won’t judge her. She still delivers with grace and poise, even though it might feel “off the rack”.
    I particularly don’t mind this look, I think it’s fine, it’s okay, she looks cool and as always it feels effortless.

9. Guest February 5, 2020 at 5:31 pm #

She looks great. I love this aesthetic on her, but I really have to say that I can’t get a read on her style right now. I thought she was going for this more architectural, structured style recently—and then bam! Pink gown.

10. JohnM219 February 5, 2020 at 4:28 pm #

Sure, whatever, this is “okay.”

11. lelaid February 5, 2020 at 4:00 pm #

All those brands are owned by LVMH so I’m sure her Dior contract allows her to use LVMH brands more than others. Thank god Givenchy is in that mix or she’d be a lost cause between the questionable choices LV and Dior provide for the red carpet.

12. Guest February 5, 2020 at 3:42 pm #

I wish this dress was midi length to balance out the width of the top.

13. Phee phee February 5, 2020 at 3:07 pm #

Those booties look so atrocious. I hate them on Jennifer and I hate them on her.
    I dont think anyones a good match for LV. They should stop designing clothes.

14. sueno February 5, 2020 at 2:41 pm #

It makes her upper body wider than it should be, i don’t see how this design would be flattering on anyone.

15. P&P February 5, 2020 at 2:20 pm #

I’m not the biggest fan of Charlize’s style but someone save her from Ghesquière!!!! She deserves better than a LV contract that’s going to suck the Fashion Force right out of her.

16. Guest February 5, 2020 at 1:57 pm #

Nooo…My 1st thought – this is Jennifer Connelly with those booties, I don’t want her to go down that LV road.